Let's go Australia, Olympics thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be a gold medalist surely?
I like the idea of Tallent. He never got the Olympic moment he deserved in London and I think has earned this. He'd be the only non gold medalist I would consider and he'd be my first choice.

If not him, I reckon Chloe Esposito.

The AOC should punish misbehaving athletes, no question. But they shouldn't be punishing athletes in the name of safety and security. Thats where they have gone over the top I believe. I also am of the impression that the South Aussie swimmers ban was also unfair. He didn't misbehave, he got robbed. He could have been drugged for all the AOC knows. If the swimmers had a still nox party like London and ran around the village naked singing Khe Sahn then I can understand a punishment.
If you are referring to that bloke that went on a 10 hour bender. Stopped drinking at 7am and found disorientated, I think they know more about the story than we do. He sounds like a gold medal idiot. Deserves the embarrassment.

Tampering with accreditation (what does this mean?)at basketball. 9 Aussies representing across three sports.

Police "we are arresting you for accreditation fraud"

Athletes "we wanted to see the Boomers play"

Police "On your way, that was punishment enough"

If you are referring to that bloke that went on a 10 hour bender. Stopped drinking at 7am and found disorientated, I think they know more about the story than we do. He sounds like a gold medal idiot. Deserves the embarrassment.

Where does it say he was drinking until 7am. He was found disorientated and robbed in the morning. According to the reports he was disciplined for breaking security protocols like emma. Not drinking.

Where does it say he was drinking until 7am. He was found disorientated and robbed in the morning. According to the reports he was disciplined for breaking security protocols like emma. Not drinking.
It was ALL over last night's news, with a timeline, places visited and EVERYTHING.

STOP defending him. Sounds like a loser that bloke.

It was ALL over last night's news, with a timeline, places visited and EVERYTHING.

STOP defending him. Sounds like a loser that bloke.

I believe I asked the question on where did it say that? Calling him a loser by the way for doing what most guys and girls do every Saturday night at his age seems a little hypocritical.

I believe I asked the question on where did it say that? Calling him a loser by the way for doing what most guys and girls do every Saturday night at his age seems a little hypocritical.
On last nights news.

I think he is a loser because:

- he went out on the piss in Rio despite warnings by his bosses essentially that they advise against it.
- he did it even though EVERYBODY is aware how dangerous Rio is.
- when his mates went back to the accomodation at 2AM, he decided to stay out by himself drinking until 7AM. In a dangerous foreign city. By himself.
- got found on a beach disorientated and missing his wallet and phone, like a lot of similar pathetic idiots who don't know how to drink properly.

This was all reported in the media.

Yes. I think he is an a-grade idiot and I'm astounded you don't think similar. Would you want your son/daughter behaving like this?

On last nights news.

I think he is a loser because:

- he went out on the piss in Rio despite warnings by his bosses essentially that they advise against it.
- he did it even though EVERYBODY is aware how dangerous Rio is.
- when his mates went back to the accomodation at 2AM, he decided to stay out by himself drinking until 7AM. In a dangerous foreign city. By himself.
- got found on a beach disorientated and missing his wallet and phone, like a lot of similar pathetic idiots who don't know how to drink properly.

This was all reported in the media.

Yes. I think he is an a-grade idiot and I'm astounded you don't think similar. Would you want your son/daughter behaving like this?
Plus there was a well documented missing Aussie backpacker case a month or so ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was slightly harsh for McKeon though, whose only crime appears to have been forgetting to send a text to team management to tell them where she was, but I can't at this point think of a more suitable "punishment".
Take her phone off of her?

As if McKeown was staying with 'friends' - I bet she picked up and was pre occupied; and good on her ;)

9 Aussie athletes arrested for accreditation fraud.

Can we just get this team of duds on a plane and out of there?

Sounds like a bunch of up tight pricks.

Laurie Lawrence used to revel in taking Aussie athletes to other events they technically weren't attending - it's Aussie larrikism at its finest!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back