Let's go Australia, Olympics thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a stupid decision from Kitty. The big thing that is shitting me off about Kitty is the lack of respect she is showing for Australian athletes and her attempt to treat them like children. These guys are adults and should be treated like such. Most athletes will go on trips around Brazil and South America anyway after the Olympics and that is where her argument of protection and security falls flat.
She is a petty woman really. Has shown a complete lack of composure throughout, was happy to throw Kyrgios and Tomic under the bus (fair enough) and take pots at the swimmers yet nothing about Big Baby Liz Cambadge and her pathetic behaviour

It was a stupid decision from Kitty. The big thing that is shitting me off about Kitty is the lack of respect she is showing for Australian athletes and her attempt to treat them like children. These guys are adults and should be treated like such. Most athletes will go on trips around Brazil and South America anyway after the Olympics and that is where her argument of protection and security falls flat.
From months before the games she has always seemed to be on one massive power/ego trip. Loves getting in front of the cameras. I don't condone misbehaving athletes who are representing us, but I can't stand Kitty Chiller. That's a great pr0n name btw.

So who carries the flag ?? Will it be our boy Kyle, the country lass shooter Kathryn Skinner or maybe our first winner of the Modern Pentathlon Esposito ?? Jarred Tallent an outside chance too, he's now our leading athletic medal winner.

I think the Aussie girl who was banned from the closing ceremony can now attend. Sanity prevails
Strong leadership. Like Tyson Edwards' farewell game.

So who carries the flag ?? Will it be our boy Kyle, the country lass shooter Kathryn Skinner or maybe our first winner of the Modern Pentathlon Esposito ?? Jarred Tallent an outside chance too, he's now our leading athletic medal winner.
Has to be a gold medalist surely?

From months before the games she has always seemed to be on one massive power/ego trip. Loves getting in front of the cameras. I don't condone misbehaving athletes who are representing us, but I can't stand Kitty Chiller. That's a great pr0n name btw.

The AOC should punish misbehaving athletes, no question. But they shouldn't be punishing athletes in the name of safety and security. Thats where they have gone over the top I believe. I also am of the impression that the South Aussie swimmers ban was also unfair. He didn't misbehave, he got robbed. He could have been drugged for all the AOC knows. If the swimmers had a still nox party like London and ran around the village naked singing Khe Sahn then I can understand a punishment.

No it doesn't, after the games they are no longer her responsibility. Anything that happens to an athlete during the games, regardless if their competition has finished, they are the CM's responsibility. This happens in all levels when taking a team away. Rules are put in place, athletes have to abide by them. You don't then there are consequences. I know of a gymnast who swore at a coach during the first training and was put on a plane and sent immediately home. These things happen a lot. Even in our football team there is an agreed set of behaviours the players have to abide by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it doesn't, after the games they are no longer her responsibility. Anything that happens to an athlete during the games, regardless if their competition has finished, they are the CM's responsibility. This happens in all levels when taking a team away. Rules are put in place, athletes have to abide by them. You don't then there are consequences. I know of a gymnast who swore at a coach during the first training and was put on a plane and sent immediately home. These things happen a lot. Even in our football team there is an agreed set of behaviours the players have to abide by.
For sure. Miss an essential training session, or team meeting, or basically do anything that could show the team in a bad light, you could well find yourself dropped for at least the next game - whether that's a nothing minor round game, or the grand final.

I think it was slightly harsh for McKeon though, whose only crime appears to have been forgetting to send a text to team management to tell them where she was, but I can't at this point think of a more suitable "punishment".

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I agree to an extent. The image athletes put forward while representing the country is important and negative behaviour reflects badly. I have no problems with that. Safety and security is essentially out of the AOC's control really and since athletes are adults and can head out on the town as adults and can go anywhere without a security guard Kitty has no standing to punish over safety and security. Its something that is out of her control. I don't know where you were going with the gymnast argument, if the gymnast as stupid enough to disrespect their coach then aren't they the stupid ones. Kitty's stance has been over the top.

9 Aussie athletes arrested for accreditation fraud.

Can we just get this team of duds on a plane and out of there?

Girt by sea.

They should name one of their winning boats Girt! Just to be patriotic and add some meaning to that word. Next time we sing the national anthem we can know Girt was a gold medal winning boat in the Olympics therefor it was not only by the sea but it was on it!

It is stupid. Maybe boredom is overtaking the athletes at the village. Not an excuse but with the fun police in full swing I can imagine it must be like watching paint dry at times.
Boredom? Theyre supposed to be there as high performance athletes, it's not supposed be someone's 21st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back