Toast Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean since round one.....
Before last week, hadnt he only kicked 1 goal in about 11 matches or something?

About time he pulled his finger out.

Havent seen the game, but have heard good reviews. Good job by him, glad to see he is finally playing some good footy
His pre season form was pretty good though, just had a quiet first couple of rounds.

I just can't get over how hard he'd be to match up on. He's super quick and he's a monster who can win a body contest but can also fly at the ball. He's one of those players that teams will have nothing else to do but infringe against a lot of the time because there's just not many out there like him.

I just can't get over how hard he'd be to match up on. He's super quick and he's a monster who can win a body contest but can also fly at the ball. He's one of those players that teams will have nothing else to do but infringe against a lot of the time because there's just not many out there like him.
They'll find it a fruitful tactic. The kid gets held down and scragged even more than the St Kilda Schoolgirl, yet no calls get made.

They'll find it a fruitful tactic. The kid gets held down and scragged even more than the St Kilda Schoolgirl, yet no calls get made.
I think he'll set the record for pushes in the back that get outright ignored by the end of his career

I LOVE "calling" him in when the ball gets banged high and he can jump at it. If you hear someone screaming out "Joooneeesssyyyyyy!" when he's charging into a pack...well that would be me : )

I'm sure Cam Mooney will point out to him "You see there, you competed, ball went to ground and Smithy kicked a goal. See there, when you lead? They kicked it to you!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I LOVE "calling" him in when the ball gets banged high and he can jump at it. If you hear someone screaming out "Joooneeesssyyyyyy!" when he's charging into a pack...well that would be me : )

I'm sure Cam Mooney will point out to him "You see there, you competed, ball went to ground and Smithy kicked a goal. See there, when you lead? They kicked it to you!"
And how nice is it to see someone bang the ball in high and feel warm and cosy about it in flight?
In the past we'd just groan as the defenders gathered to mark or punch it away.

Liam will play game 150 this week.

He deserves credit for being able to transition into an established defender after struggling as a forward with us.

He is also a Footscray premiership player.

I once called him the least skilled footballer in the AFL and stand by it. Therefore I'm doubly amazed that be reached this milestone. Kudos to him for sticking with it and getting the moat out of himself.

Classic bump.

Bought this other classic of the little man fighting against the popular opinion to mind.

As an aside it also reminds me of a time when I actually worked at Mojo during its last days.

Im not sure if me working there and them going out of business are related, but I don't think it can be discounted.

Never mind. carry on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back