Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The

Something to look forward to Dylan12
You and I have discussed ad nauseam the Lions issues in Melbourne and the lack of times we've won down here (three times in the past 4 years), so if we can get a couple here this season, I am sure it'll come off.;)

Next week is a test. North are ripe for the picking after playing in Perth. In tipping competitions you would traditionally do well tipping against Melbourne teams who had played in Perth the previous round, all other things being equal.

Melbourne based supporters have fronted up and watched hammering after hammering for years now. I recall the North Melbourne game last year and we were excremental. I think The Chills sum it up best with regards to The Lions and their loyal Melbourne supporters.

Time To Atone
The Chills
We wanted to thank you
For seeing us through
Ain't gonna get paid back
We'll see that you do
You've saved us all
We can all stand tall
Our future's so strong
Then all goes wrong
For the things that we do
We can never undo
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
Woke up, it was time to atone
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
Let's go find a new home
For our road is long
Get a better reception
Before it's all downhill
'Cause the things and the...
That we did fell through
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
We made mistakes and we
Caused heartache
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Time to atone
Songwriters: martin phillipps

Last edited:
Next week is a test. North are ripe for the picking after playing in Perth. In tipping competitions you would traditionally do well tipping against Melbourne teams who had played in Perth the previous round, all other things being equal.
And we won't have Beams to let Higgins stroll out of the centre with the pill.

I suggest we enact a forum-wide request for donations of LIDS to donate to the Essendon Football Club :)
Essendon supporters have started pulling their heads off.

Melbourne based supporters have fronted up and watched hammering after hammering for years now. I recall the North Melbourne game last year and we were excremental. I think The Chills sum it up best with regards to The Lions and their loyal Melbourne supporters.

We're gonna smash 'em 3KZ - I'm with you though, we NEED to put on a ******* GREAT SHOW for our Melb Lions. I felt we'd roll the Eagles and I see nothing in North that screams -"problems". I seriously doubt Fagan and the other coaches (but especially Hodge from a senior player angle) will allow the guys to get too far ahead of themselves. Anytime over the last 8-10 years, WC/reigning premier being up by 5 goals at quarter time, we woulda rolled over. Not now.

We're comin' to getcha North - the lid's off, feel the power :D

that's the following week ;)

Indeed - we'll feel the slight breath of contact as we stream forward in waves, brushing their feeble efforts aside like the chaff that it is :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lid still on.

Loved the game and definitely showed the marked improvement and professionalism I was hoping to see.

If I see that what we brought on Saturday is our new standard game then happy will I be.
If I find that Saturday was a one hit wonder and we regress all they way back to Leppa-istic play then not so happy ...

They still need to show me that they mean business for me to be be relaxed in my optimism ... right now I am optimistic but still attending meetings 'Hello, my name is Viceregal and I am a Battered Lion's Surpporter (BLSS)'

Lid still on.

Loved the game and definitely showed the marked improvement and professionalism I was hoping to see.

If I see that what we brought on Saturday is our new standard game then happy will I be.
If I find that Saturday was a one hit wonder and we regress all they way back to Leppa-istic play then not so happy ...

They still need to show me that they mean business for me to be be relaxed in my optimism ... right now I am optimistic but still attending meetings 'Hello, my name is Viceregal and I am a Battered Lion's Surpporter (BLSS)'

Perfectly understandable VR - I hope though, by about round 9-10, you'll look at your sig and see that you had the answer there all along :)

Went to the Darby last night, the Melbourne pub that is the Lons Melbourne home. Greg Swann was there, with Chrissie Jonno, Lawrie Serafini and Joan Eddie, Pres of Fitzroy.
Swan informed us that after out win last week the total seats sold for the season went from 8000 to 22000.!!!!!!!!!!!!
The lid is off

I expect the lid will be on the stadium tomorrow given the possibility of rain so we can show off our silky skills and blistering ball movement.

I expect the lid will be on the stadium tomorrow given the possibility of rain so we can show off our silky skills and blistering ball movement.

If the lid is on the stadium and we pump North, will the lid be blown off?

3KZ is Football please advise.

Back