Lions training next week

Remove this Banner Ad

I was on the bus with the boys from the B&F to the chalk then onto cloud land. Redden was a good laugh, the older blokes were looking after him. Had a few beers with the boy.

I really need to get to a training session.

I was on the bus with the boys from the B&F to the chalk then onto cloud land. Redden was a good laugh, the older blokes were looking after him. Had a few beers with the boy.

I really need to get to a training session.

I was also on that bus.

You weren't the guy dancing up and down the aisles were you?

Ah!....I sense a story in those last two posts!....come on, do tell please!:D

Just a bus full of liquored up players and supporters.

One supporter was putting on quite a performance, dancing in the aisle of the bus.

Not me though, I was chatting to Bunno.

I was also on that bus.

You weren't the guy dancing up and down the aisles were you?

haha! Nah mate.

When we got on I was sitting down the front with Chris Johnson and his missus, can't remember who else was there.

Once we got off at the chalk, and Otis was told to go home by the bouncers we got back on the bus and headed for Cloudland. I sat up the back with a few of the boys. At one stage Black was running around with my jersey i had signed at the dinner.

You wern't the bloke that got us into cloud land with no line up, just waltz on through the door? haha!

Man that was a good night!

Once we got off at the chalk, and Otis was told to go home by the bouncers we got back on the bus and headed for Cloudland. I sat up the back with a few of the boys. At one stage Black was running around with my jersey i had signed at the dinner.

Hehe nah, I got off at the Chalk.

Had a beer with Tom Rockliff and told him that Steele Sidebottom would have been nothing if Rocky didn't set up all his goals in the TAC GF. He agreed (in a joking way).

(from lions.com.au)

Training Times

The Lions have commenced their pre-season training in preparation for Season 2010. Please find below the team's upcoming public training sessions:

Wednesday 18 November 2009
4pm @ Giffin Park, Birubi Street, Coorparoo

Friday 20 November 2009
7:30am @ Giffin Park, Birubi Street, Coorparoo

Monday 23 November 2009
Wednesday 25 November 2009
4pm @ Giffin Park, Birubi Street, Coorparoo

Friday 27 November 2009
NB: Training times are subject to change at short notice. Times on the Lions website will be updated as soon as any changes are known.

http://www.lions.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=8718

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, was weird seeing Fev physically in person. He is shorter than you'd think.

Boys looking good. Leuey hasn't regained all the weight he lost but it was good to see him in the thick of it. Despire the crap we gave BrisbaneLioness, Charman looked pretty good too.

Raines, Buchanan and Clarke are all on light duties. Staker training with the main group.

Hey folks - just my first attempt at training pics - still trying to learn how to use my camera, so they ought to improve... Not nearly to Roger The Sheep's standard, but they'll do!

Group shot:

group.jpg

Aaron Cornelius:

aaroncornelius.jpg

Jed Adcock:

adcock-1.jpg

Brendan Fevola:

brendanfevola.jpg

fevola2.jpg

Jamie Charman:

charmo2.jpg

charmo.jpg

Michael Rischitelli:

rischitelli.jpg

Troy Selwood:

troyselwood2.jpg

troyselwood.jpg

Bunno appears to have been learning to kick with both feet.

Was doing some pretty 25m chip kicks off his left and right. Not bad for a player not known for his skill.

God bless Cornelius. Makes me look tanned, and that is an impossible task.

Yep, was weird seeing Fev physically in person. He is shorter than you'd think.

Boys looking good. Leuey hasn't regained all the weight he lost but it was good to see him in the thick of it. Despire the crap we gave BrisbaneLioness, Charman looked pretty good too.

Raines, Buchanan and Clarke are all on light duties. Staker training with the main group.

I told ya! :p Not too late to hop on the Charmo bandwagon! :D Jamie does stand out, not just because he's moving freely in the pre-season for once and kicking nicely to his team mates on the run, but because he's our biggest lad out there with a bit of weight on him. Poor Leuey has a few more kilos to gain but as Nigelicious also noted, Leuey was looking pretty good and was doing well out there. Lukey Power was on fire, such clean hands, quick on the feet and Blacky was great as usual, rearing to go, enjoying a run. Yes, got to say Fev is unimpressive up close and looks pretty short when he stands next to Power and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference. :eek: Fev looks like he could lose a few kilos too, most of our players are pretty lean.

A few of those who shall remain nameless (cough, cough TBD, Nigelicious) were espousing some serious bro-mance for Daniel Rich. :p Yes, Bam Bam does command attention, he carves up his opposing players and moves the ball decisively and quickly. Rich's talents certainly lay in his strong hands and body and his maturity of mind (it's got nothing to do with those blonde curly locks flowing in the breeze! ;))

This much anticipated training session was a very quiet one indeed. No fan fare, no Media and very few supporters. Was kind of eerie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back