Preview Round 1 - Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more concerned with developing a plan to defend a lead in the last 10 minutes than missing an individual player with injury, which will happen at times and we have a similar player in the VFL.
Likewise I'm not worried about any missing players provided we switch on ,man up and lower our eyes.

The unknown is what sort of Fremantle turns up , but I think we'll be well prepared for a strong contest.

But what of the poor draft watchers? briztoon and co. just haven't been the same since the days where folks were upset in the review threads for winning and making it harder to win the spoon!
Our boy Briz has had much more time for the family and cycling these last few years. He will be ready to go when needed though, just watching and waiting.

Im still not sure how we will line up with Payne/Gardiner.

But I generally dont expect our coaches to make major structural changes to the lineup after just one game. Usually they will try and back the structure they want at the start of the year for a few rounds to test it out. Going from Gardiner as third tall to two tall forwards in one week is a surprise that I dont really think I saw coming from our selection panel

A couple years back we went 0-4 and still made finals.
The team will be fine if we go down 0-2.

It was 1-3 - we beat the Pies on Easter Thursday down in Melbourne because there was a covid lockdown in Qld, then lost to the dogs in Ballarat the following week.

That was a brutal 3 weeks - went to the cats game we lost by less than a kick at GMHBA where the umpiring was gutless, saw the bailey kick after the siren to win, then had to freeze in Ballarat. If we never go to Ballarat again I'd be so happy, that ground is the pits.

If we and/or Collingwood go 0-2 it would make Easter Thursday an even bigger Blockbuster.

Not many sides would of made top 4 over the years from a 0-3 start.

On that, tonight's game will be an enthralling contest, Swans a good chance to grab the win IMO.

It was 1-3 - we beat the Pies on Easter Thursday down in Melbourne because there was a covid lockdown in Qld, then lost to the dogs in Ballarat the following week.

That was a brutal 3 weeks - went to the cats game we lost by less than a kick at GMHBA where the umpiring was gutless, saw the bailey kick after the siren to win, then had to freeze in Ballarat. If we never go to Ballarat again I'd be so happy, that ground is the pits.
Ballarat in general is the pits. Its best feature is the train line out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best indication of round 0 side vs fresh side for us will be suns v crows. Similar odds to our game although suns at home.

Could be a good option as the sub

Left field: I’ve been thinking, would we benefit from a dedicated pressure forward? Maybe Noah could be an option
I wondered whether he would come in and play some minutes through the middle. Vaguely remember he played through there in the reserves last year? A pressure small forward would complement the group up there though.

I wondered whether he would come in and play some minutes through the middle. Vaguely remember he played through there in the reserves last year? A pressure small forward would complement the group up there though.

Possibly if Rayner or Bailey goes down back. You’d think Dev or Tunstill be ahead of him for midfield minutes though

A long interview.
What i took out of it was Answerth looks like getting the HB spot.
If so, they have decided on a more lockdown type over an attacking player in Madden although he did mention him.
Interesting choice. Hopefully he takes on more of the lockdown work and we look to shuffle others into more of the distribution work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back