Preview Round 1 - Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we and/or Collingwood go 0-2 it would make Easter Thursday an even bigger Blockbuster.

Not many sides would of made top 4 over the years from a 0-3 start.

On that, tonight's game will be an enthralling contest, Swans a good chance to grab the win IMO.
They have another game before Easter Thursday though.

A long interview.
What i took out of it was Answerth looks like getting the HB spot.
If so, they have decided on a more lockdown type over an attacking player in Madden although he did mention him.
Can’t question Answerth’s courage, but his disposal by foot is terrible. We can’t afford Answerth and Berry in the same team butchering the ball.

This is a classic Fages interview. We are so back baby.
Crikey.

The lips were curling up a few times there . Wouldn't mind him playing this week , he's fired up.

What Neale said was fine . I don't think anyone twisted it or it reflected anything other than what everyone already knew.

It's interesting he's putting the pit bull back in this week , expecting a really fierce effort by our boys this Sunday. Bad luck for Freo we got rolled last Friday.

If it is Answerth, he provides a fair bit of positional flexibility.

Spent most of last season playing as a forward mid in the reserves, and has played a defensive wing role in the past.

So if we need more attacking options off half back, we can move Answerth up the ground, and swing Ah Chee or Fletcher back.

I think it was interesting what Neile said in his press conference, that players didn't take the first option.
So you would assume he is talking about these sought of scenarios , where a player presents , but is ignored for a poorer option resulting in a harder contest and more often than not , a worse position or turnover is the result.
Was pumped to hear him come out and say this, it's been a failure for a long time.
At least it is at the forefront of their disscusions.
Well apparently he didn’t say that if you believe Fagan who clearly cracked the sads with the way Lachs press conference was reported.

Its obvious Fagan is under pressure if todays press conference is anything to go by.

I hope I’m completely wrong, but I think we’ll lose by at least 4-5 goals or that’s what my expectations are; things aren’t right. The fact players fessed up about all these issues from last game I ask why on the back of just losing a GF and these problems appear immediately. Perhaps the players just don’t want a flag enough as a group.

have always appreciated answerth's willingness to put his body on the line and drop into the hole. his intercepting is not coleman's level but the trade off is hes better at doing lockdown jobs on opposition smalls, and a lot of the stronger teams have multiple small forward threats.

disposal an issue but when doedee is ready we might have enough kicking prowess through him, mckenna and wilmot to help cover answerth. also worth noting that adams who was a below average kick is no longer in the side since the last time answerth was b22.

Just hope Hippy kicks straight. It is obvious that when he runs straight at the target he's a very straight kick. When he misses its usually because he runs out slightly to the left on approach and creates a slight hook. The ball drifts loops in an arc to the right. Surely one of highly paid Coaching Staff have observed this and showed him the vision. Run straight at the Goals and you will kick Goals. It's the same for everyone. Not Rocket Science.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Amazing that the club via its coaches or Eric personally hasn’t addressed his goalkicking; absolute coach killer or game killer stuff and perhaps he doesn’t care enough either for this issue to continue as long as it has.

The only part of Fagan’s interview I raised my eyebrows at, was when he said “we’re a strong club….”.

Just from my observations, if someone has to say we’re/they’re/etc are strong, they’re not that strong if they have to emphasise it.
He doesn't react well to criticism . In fact he abhors it.

Whether it's a deep loyalty to his players or something instinctive within him don't know ,but as soon as anything resembling criticism is raised you can see the hairs standing up on the back of his neck.

Wouldn't have wanted to play against him ,I reckon he would've been a fiery little b.

have always appreciated answerth's willingness to put his body on the line and drop into the hole. his intercepting is not coleman's level but the trade off is hes better at doing lockdown jobs on opposition smalls, and a lot of the stronger teams have multiple small forward threats.

disposal an issue but when doedee is ready we might have enough kicking prowess through him, mckenna and wilmot to help cover answerth. also worth noting that adams who was a below average kick is no longer in the side since the last time answerth was b22.
I always like Noah in there for bringing what you pointed out but then every time he plays I wonder if it's worth the downside.

He's a lot more mature now , maybe he's cleaned his disposal and decision making up to some degree.

Crikey.

The lips were curling up a few times there . Wouldn't mind him playing this week , he's fired up.

What Neale said was fine . I don't think anyone twisted it or it reflected anything other than what everyone already knew.

It's interesting he's putting the pit bull back in this week , expecting a really fierce effort by our boys this Sunday. Bad luck for Freo we got rolled last Friday.

Let Fages cook

Amazing that the club via its coaches or Eric personally hasn’t addressed his goalkicking; absolute coach killer or game killer stuff and perhaps he doesn’t care enough either for this issue to continue as long as it has.
He did clean it up exceptionally well and has reverted back the last 2 games he's played so hopefully they're just an aberration.

The only part of Fagan’s interview I raised my eyebrows at, was when he said “we’re a strong club….”.

Just from my observations, if someone has to say we’re/they’re/etc are strong, they’re not that strong if they have to emphasise it.

He doesn't have a lot of respect for the media which IMO is fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me it's pretty evident that we are a strong club... on field a consistent top 4 side, renowned as a very good off field club eg. welfare/Rehab, very good players want to come to us, new training/admin base, selling out multiple home games, record membership numbers.

I think it was just Fages in angry Fages mode.

He's kicked 66.46 over the past 2 seasons which is pretty good

Plenty of forwards struggle with the easy ones

I always like Noah in there for bringing what you pointed out but then every time he plays I wonder if it's worth the downside.

He's a lot more mature now , maybe he's cleaned his disposal and decision making up to some degree.
I think he has looked nervy. Also panics a bit with the pace of it when he first played but then seemed to get used to it. 23 games in 2022. 4 games last year.

And on top of no Adams back there, if we do go for Andrews, Lester Gardiner this week with Payne out, that's another ordinary kick out.

I think he has looked nervy. Also panics a bit with the pace of it when he first played but then seemed to get used to it. 23 games in 2022. 4 games last year.

And on top of no Adams back there, if we do go for Andrews, Lester Gardiner this week with Payne out, that's another ordinary kick out.
While I don't think any of those 3 guys are elite kicks they generally take the low risk option so are not clanger merchants.

What we will miss is Keidean's laser like instinctive break the field open disposals, unless Zorko or McCluggage(no chance) plays back we will have to find new ways to exit the back half, I'm tipping more long kicks down the line this week sadly.

From my observation, you've read too much into that comment lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back