List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2012 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All rumours will be updated throughout the trade/free agency period. If you have any rumours please reply. I will be posting daily updates and editing this list during this period. Please try to stay on topic and not get into any fights. Thanks

Key
(FA) = Free Agent
(D) = Delisted
(WT) = Wants Trade
© = Contracted beyond 2012
* = Trade or Signing Official

Adelaide (Picks 19, 40, 59)
*Knights to Rich (Official)
(WT)Tippett to Bris/SYD/GCS/GWS (Quit Adelaide, Brisbane offering 800k-850k a year for 5 years, Gold Coast offering 3.5mil over 5 years, Swans could offer 900k-1mil a year for an unknown amount of years, Gold Coast and GWS plan to pick him up in the Pre-season draft)
Otten to Melb (Rumours of him wanting to go to Victoria)

Brisbane (Picks 8, 23, 30, 49)
(D)Hawksley to STK (Saints can pick him up in the draft)
Polec to Adel (Rumoured trade bait for Tippett)
Banfield to ? (Rumours of him wanting a trade)

Carlton (Picks 11, 33, 52)
(FA)Thornton to GWS/WB/Port (Quit Carlton)
(FA)Russell to Port (Quit Carlton and his management has been talking to Port)
Bower to GWS/Port (Rumoured to be Delisted, Carlton fans say he is gone)
Bell to WB (Dogs offering a 3 year deal)

Collingwood (Picks 18, 39, 48)
(WT)Rounds to ? (Ask requested to be traded)
(WT)©Dawes to Carl/Melb/STK (Has asked for a trade, Will only play for a Victorian club)
©Buckley to ? (Will be traded or delisted)
Wood to ? (Will be traded or delisted)
Wellingham to WCE/Freo/Melb (Rumours of a possible homesickness, Collingwood have offered a deal, Melbourne also interested)

Essendon (Picks 10, 32, 51)
(WT)Slattery to Port (Has asked for a trade, linked to Port)
©Pears to ? (Was offered to an unnamed club and was rejected, other unnamed clubs interested)
Dyson/Lovett-Murray to GWS (All not in contract talks)
Monfries to Port (Reports of Essendon offering a 2 year deal and Port offering a deal worth $1.6mil for 4 years)
Gumbleton to Freo/WB/Carl (Essendon have offered a 1 year deal)
Hille to Bris/GWS (Rumoured to be on the outer at Essendon)
Reimers/Hooker to ?

Fremantle (Picks 16, 37, 56)
©Silvagni to Bris/STK (Brisbane are interested)
(WT)©Clarke to Coll (Has asked for a trade to Victoria)
©Lower to STK
Ibbotson to Carl/Ess (Father is a Carlton supporter, both clubs chasing for Ibbotson)
Suban to Melb

Geelong (Picks 15, 36, 55)
*Byrnes to Melb (Official)
Gillies to Haw
Simpson to GWS (Rumours of him wanting out of the club)
Blake to GWS (Retired last year but could make a comeback)

Gold Coast (Picks 2, 25, 44)
(WT)Jolly to Adel/Port (Quit the Suns and wants to play for an SA team)
(WT)Caddy to Geel/North/STK (Quit the Suns and wants go home to Victoria to be with his dad who has an illness, North could be offering Pick 14, Geelong could be offering the Ablett compo pick or Pick 15, Saints could offer pick 12)
(WT)Toy to WB/Carl (Quit the Suns and wants to go back to Victoria)
(WT)©Hickey to STK (Has asked for a trade to Victoria, Saints offering a 3 year deal)
Wellar to Haw (Interest from Hawthorn)

GWS Giants (Picks 1, 20, 24, 43)
©Tyson to Rich (Rumoured 3 way deal where Tyson goes to Richmond, Picks 1 (GWS) and 9 (Rich) goes to WB and Picks 5 (WB) and 6 (WB) go to GWS)
Giles to Adel/Coll/Geel/STK (Wants 300k and GWS denied his demand and Adelaide Rate him, 3 other clubs interested)

Hawthorn (Picks 21, 41, 60)
*Kilkenny to Haw (Signed as an International Rookie)
(WT)Young to Adel/Port/Bris (Will weigh up his options, may go to an SA club, Brisbane interested)
©Ellis to North/Melb
Murphy/Gilham to STK (Both lacking opportunities, Saints interested)
Osborne to GWS (Uncontracted rumour)

Melbourne (Picks 3, 4, 13, 26, 45)
(FA)Moloney to Geel/Port/Bris (Quit Melbourne, Moloney wants to stay in Victoria, Brisbane offering a 4 year deal)
(WT)Jarrah to Port (Quit Melbourne and will not commit to AFL until his court case has ended, Port have shown interest)
(FA)Rivers to Geel/Bris (Weighing up his options, Brisbane are offering more money and more years as compared to Geelong, Brisbane could lodge paperwork in the next couple of days)
(WT)©Morton to ? (Asked for a trade)
(WT)©Gysberts to Geel (Has asked for trade, Geelongs has him on their radar)
©Martin to Coll (Collingwood are interested)
©Davey to GWS (Rumours of Davey wanting out, Neeld says he will say)
Cook to North (Understood to be wanting out of the club, Neeld says he will stay)
Bate/Dunn to WB (Bate requested a move to the Bulldogs last year, both contract talks put on hold)
Pettard to Carl (Pettard not in contract talks)
Frawley to STK (Rumoured to have been in talks with the Saints)

North Melbourne (Picks 14, 35, 54)
(WT)©Pederson to Coll/STK (Asked for trade, Collingwood most likely to get him)
(WT)Greenwood to Port/Adel (Asked for trade, Port will not trade for him and most likely only get him for free in the pre-season draft)
(WT)©McIntosh to Geel (Asked for trade to Geelong)
McKinley/Warren to Melb (Both apparently are unhappy with their position at the club)
Edwards to Rich/Haw (Reports that he may be delisted soon and both clubs interested)

Port Adelaide (Picks 7, 28, 48)
*Chaplin to Rich (Official)
*Pearce to Freo (Official)(FA)Salopek to Melb/STK/Geel/Rich (Quit the Power)
(WT)Rodan to Melb (Melbourne offered a 2 year deal, Has told his manager he wants a trade)
Jacobs to STK (Will decide if he wants a trade after coach is named, Saints interested)
Banner/Thomas to Rich (Richmond have interest in both players)
Surjan to Freo/WCE (Will decide if he wants a trade to WA after a coach is named)

Richmond (Picks 9, 29, 31, 50)
Post to STK/Bris (Interest from both clubs, Rumoured to go to Brisbane in a trade involving Karnezis)
Graham to Adel

St Kilda (Picks 12, 34, 53)
*Goddard to Ess (Official)
(WT)Cripps to WCE/Freo (Quit the Saints and has asked for a trade to West Coast, Freo interested)
(WT)Ray to Melb (Has been in talks with Melbourne)
Clarke to Carl

Sydney (Picks 22, 42, 61)
Dennis-Lane/Seaby/Moore to GWS (Dennis-Lane rumour going around amongst Swans fans, GWS targeting Seaby)
McNeil to Carl/Rich (Both clubs rumoured to be talking to the rookie listed player)
Pyke to Bris

West Coast (Picks 17, 38, 57)
*Lynch to Coll (Official)
(WT)Stevens to WB/STK/Melb/Carl/North/Geel (Quit WCE, Will weigh up his options, Wants to go home to Victoria, Bulldogs and Saints interested)
Brown to STK (West Coast don't want to trade him, Saints interested)

Western Bulldogs (Picks 5, 6, 27, 46, 47)
©Sherman to ? (On the outer and could head to a 3rd club)
©Lake to Haw (Dogs don't want to trade him, Hawks interested)

Well Tommorow I expect 2 Signing from Unresticted ones in:

• Lynch to Pies
  • Knight to Tigers

Then I think there be 2 Offers Made to Players that club can Match or Decline:

• Chaplin to Tigers
  • Goddard to Bombers

Just want to add: not interested in fanciful trades that people think might be fun to float. This thread is for rumours and gossip. Not thought exercises in 'what it would take' or trades with the complexity a nuclear physicist would blanch at.

Rivers hasn't quit Melbourne yet. He has met with Geelong, true, but at no stage has he quit Melbourne as he is still considering a contract offer from the club. If you could fix that up that would be terrific. :thumbsu:

Ch7 news tonight actually stated that Gumbleton, Pears & Hille would most likely be at new homes in 2013

Would be a huge loss to essendon if all 3 were to go. 3 talls out in one year will be hard to cover. Looking over their list i see a huge amount of possibilities for improvement due to getting the injuries under control but i also see the possibility of going further down the ladder particularly if the focus on sorting out fitness and injuries detracts from other areas of development.

Interesting trade. Though I still can't see GWS doing it. Especially if GC don't end up using pick 2 on Viney and offer it up for MD 1. Pick 2 and Tyson would trump picks 5 and 6 I think. Guess it depends on where they rate Tyson, which seems to be quite highly.

Anyone know of Lakes contract status? I've got a rumour from Grizzlym that he may be linked to the hawks

It was on the radio the other morning. Someone has posted about on the Hawthorn board in our trade thread. I don;t give it much credence, as it's whispered each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting trade. Though I still can't see GWS doing it. Especially if GC don't end up using pick 2 on Viney and offer it up for MD 1. Pick 2 and Tyson would trump picks 5 and 6 I think. Guess it depends on where they rate Tyson, which seems to be quite highly.

Opening salvo, to be sure.
Much would depend on whether Tyson tells GWS he really really wants out.
If that was the deal, we'd be doing cartwheels
That said, it's certainly something GWS will consider.
Dogs clearly going to sleep for a year or so. Would be surprised if Minson stays too

Would be a huge loss to essendon if all 3 were to go. 3 talls out in one year will be hard to cover. Looking over their list i see a huge amount of possibilities for improvement due to getting the injuries under control but i also see the possibility of going further down the ladder particularly if the focus on sorting out fitness and injuries detracts from other areas of development.
Yeh I guess it seems extreme to lose all 3 in one hit but realistically its not a massive issue. All 3 of those players did not have a huge impact this year especially during the first 10 rounds when we were playing well and injury free.

Gumbleton - Hurley, Ryder, Crameri, Daniher, (Steinberg)
Pears - Carlisle, Hooker, Fletcher
Hille - Bellchambers, Ryder

Those 3 players would struggle to get games in front of most those mentioned

The Magpies now appear likely to beat Carlton in the race for West Coast forward Quentin Lynch, a free agent who has told the Eagles he wants to leave the club.

Victory for Collingwood would be sweet considering the Blues chased Travis Cloke. It now seems the Pies will have both Cloke and Lynch, who will be able to support Darren Jolly as a back-up ruckman

Reading That makes me sound like its a Done Deal

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...m-will-head-west/story-e6freck3-1226484965788

Yeh I guess it seems extreme to lose all 3 in one hit but realistically its not a massive issue. All 3 of those players did not have a huge impact this year especially during the first 10 rounds when we were playing well and injury free.

Gumbleton - Hurley, Ryder, Crameri, Daniher, (Steinberg)
Pears - Carlisle, Hooker, Fletcher
Hille - Bellchambers, Ryder

Those 3 players would struggle to get games in front of most those mentioned

Can live with Pears and Gumbleton leaving - Think we need Hille to stay one more year, or we will only have Ryder/T-Bell as rucks.

Opening salvo, to be sure.
Much would depend on whether Tyson tells GWS he really really wants out.
If that was the deal, we'd be doing cartwheels
That said, it's certainly something GWS will consider.

Fair call, it is something GWS will consider. I still think it's more likely that they back themselves in to keep him (ala Caddy and GC), as his value won't decline that much over a another season.

The sweetner for GWS would have to be players though, they don't really have much need for late picks. Would probably have to come from Richmond too, they seem to be the biggest winners in that deal.

Interesting none the less, wish trade period was starting tomorrow rather than next Monday though.

You can add that the Dees are well and truly into David Rodan - reported in the Age today. Apparently he will probably be cut anyway but we are certainly keen.

Fair call, it is something GWS will consider. I still think it's more likely that they back themselves in to keep him (ala Caddy and GC), as his value won't decline that much over a another season.

The sweetner for GWS would have to be players though, they don't really have much need for late picks. Would probably have to come from Richmond too, they seem to be the biggest winners in that deal.

Interesting none the less, wish trade period was starting tomorrow rather than next Monday though.

Yep. As I noted on our board, we have a fair few players worth late picks!!
If we only have pick 9 on the table, we do have considerable room to move in terms of enhancing the offer as the trade period draws to a close. GWS's ability to throw off later picks they won't use will also be handy, should adjustments be needed

Greg Denham said likewise on Friday. Dismissed Richmond's interest, but said Dees keen

And I wouldn't be against it either as, apart from Blease and the odd burst of pace from a few of our players, we lack some real speed. Rodan and, potentially Byrnes, would go some way to addressing that over the next few years.

Why are North players worth so much even when everyone knows they're s**t at footy? Eg: Pedo

We have plenty of guys who are cheap its just the ones with value that are worth so much, If the tigers wanted Edwards I'm sure we would swap him for a pick we wouldn't use (p100) to get him to you. Tall blokes who are half capable of playing have value. You want a flank Edwards, Warren, Mckininley you can have one for nothing.

Luke Thompson remains unsigned and may seek to return home to Victoria (played for Geelong Falcons) :(

Source: David Noble on 5AA I believe, BigFooty discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back