Analysis Lizard people, Trump and other non-corona rabbit holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: This thread contains statements and assertions that are misleading, disputed or unverified. You should make your own enquiries concerning these matters to reputable news sources. Believe what you read here at your own risk.

Normal rules still apply to this thread - play the ball not the man.

Last edited:
Firstly, you say the video is out of context. Give me a hypothetical context that would make it OK.

Well, seems she's a photojournalist - plausible that she was 'embedded' or pretending to be MAGA as a way of facilitating her work and getting a story. Exactly the same way as your beloved Project Veritas operate.

Is that 'OK' in this context (storming the capitol)? Dunno, I'd say probably not. But I'd suggest heaps of journalists over the journey have found themselves in places they're not supposed to be while working a story.

Well, seems she's a photojournalist - plausible that she was 'embedded' or pretending to be MAGA as a way of facilitating her work and getting a story. Exactly the same way as your beloved Project Veritas operate.

Is that 'OK' in this context (storming the capitol)? Dunno, I'd say probably not. But I'd suggest heaps of journalists over the journey have found themselves in places they're not supposed to be while working a story.
Interesting question, hey. The photojournalists and cameramen recording what went on inside, are they just as culpable?

Your "news" source is The Gateway Pundit.

FFS, I'm done.

Hadn’t heard of the Gateway Pundit before but they also did the piece on the Michigan fishing expedition I described as propaganda.

Any outlet that refers to “the dishonest Secretary of State” on one side and “Constitutional lawyer and American Hero” on the other side, I’m sure you can count on them to be unbiased and impartial reporters of fact :rolleyes:

It is disappointing that the mods have allowed this thread to stay up as long as it has.

While the vast majority of our Board are cluey enough to not be misled by the tripe that Crankitup and others regurgitate on here, not all are that savvy.

It's bad enough that twitter, facebook and various news sites are clogged with this material, do we have to have it on our Board too?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani said he was just quoting a popular "documentary" called Game of Thrones when he told a rally "let’s have trial by combat" before last week's riot.

In an interview with The Hill newspaper this week, he explained he was referring to the “kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England.”

“When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn’t commit murder, he can’t defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him,” Mr Giuliani said.

White Walkers / Night King? No that was just early ANTIFA

It is disappointing that the mods have allowed this thread to stay up as long as it has.

While the vast majority of our Board are cluey enough to not be misled by the tripe that Crankitup and others regurgitate on here, not all are that savvy.

It's bad enough that twitter, facebook and various news sites are clogged with this material, do we have to have it on our Board too?
This thread has existed to stop this "tripe" infiltrating many other threads on the board, as it already had prior to this thread existing.

Lesser of two evils unfortunately.

Sometimes simple comparisons don't give the full picture. Example below.

View attachment 1040882
TALLAHASSEE — Wearing masks and keeping their distance, Florida’s top economists met Friday to prepare the state’s first post-pandemic revenue estimate, and the conclusion was breathtaking: Florida faces a $5.4 billion budget deficit over the next two years.

The massive number, although just a fraction of the state’s $92.2 billion budget, is the largest gap between revenue forecasts in state history, and will be painful to fill during what economists called, “a pandemic-induced economic contraction.”

Soooouuuurrrcceee: https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...-two-years-thanks-to-pandemic/?outputType=amp

Sometimes simple comparisons don't give the full picture. Example below.

View attachment 1040882
New York's income tax rates range from 4% to 8.82%. The top tax rate is one of the highest in the country, though only individual taxpayers whose taxable income exceeds $1,077,550 pay that rate. For heads of household, the threshold is $1,616,450, and for married people filing jointly, it is $2,155,350.

This thread has existed to stop this "tripe" infiltrating many other threads on the board, as it already had prior to this thread existing.

Lesser of two evils unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply.

Is there any chance of some kind of blanket warning stickied at the top of each page? If we can get one for the nickname some posters were using for Ainsworth surely something is warranted here. Happy to help draft it.

I'm just thinking of our readers who are more vulnerable or susceptible to this material. I know a handful of these types myself - completely normal people who have been turned into borderline conspiracy theorists due to social media bombarding them with misleading content parodying as fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just throwing it out there, I'm not a mod, but I wouldn't mind seeing this thread closed and if someone posts bullshit in the covid thread or whatever, ban them.

This is the West Coast Eagles board, not the lie through your teeth hoping Trump will notice and suck you off board.
Man i love this thread - i like arguing - but id like it closed now with my post deleted and the one above as the last word in this thread

Just throwing it out there, I'm not a mod, but I wouldn't mind seeing this thread closed and if someone posts bullshit in the covid thread or whatever, ban them.

This is the West Coast Eagles board, not the lie through your teeth hoping Trump will notice and suck you off board.

I can see this thread dying out within the next month or two anyway.

Footy season will start and people will change focus, plus by then the transition to Biden will be done so less noise from Trump and co

Interesting question, hey. The photojournalists and cameramen recording what went on inside, are they just as culpable?
I wondered that myself the other day, where does that line get drawn? It's good have serious events recorded and reported but if you are among a rabid crowd storming a govt building are you just as culpable as the mad throng?

Dude, it's off-season, we need the entertainment.

Unless you want to slog through hundreds of posts about Subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back