Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Swans, Penrith, Parramatta, West Tigers don't use the name Western Sydney in their name...unless you are referring to a side that plays in the off season with minimal overlap as your main competition? Because if that really is the case that says more about the ineptitude of the Giants than anything else. At any rate the Giants were founded three years before they that shall not be named so that point is completely invalid, if anything it emphases the use of 'greater' is even more pointless!

Well thats a garbage post.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That would only make sense if they didn't acknowledge Canberra as being a separate entity to the concept of 'greater western sydney' through the depiction of the Canberra name on the back of their jumper so it feels included knowing the GWS term does not suffice.
If anything I'd take the Canberra on the back as highlighting and therefore strengthening the greater western link.

I used to think the Greater part of GWS was rubbish, then heard the "it means greater western than just Sydney" argument and how it encompasses Canberra and it makes sense to me.

From sport to supermarkets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one's about three months old but hasn't been posted.

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 10.44.00 am.png

It's a nice refinement, but I don't get the spacing between the lines. Would've been nice if the gap between the N and the blue line was equal (it looks equal in full size but when you zoom out you can see the gap between the blue and the red is larger).

Can any the South Australians on this board explain the significance of the number 36 to South Australia? Always wondered about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Adelaide

This article details the History of Adelaide from the first human activity in the region to the 20th century. Adelaide is a planned city founded in 1836 and the capital of South Australia.

Date Adelaide was founded was 1836.

Similar to Philadelphia who use 76. As it's both due to a date.

www.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=23115

The Syracuse Nationals were relocated to the City of Brotherly Love in 1963 and the team was renamed the 76ers, an allusion to the signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia in 1776.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back