Great stuff from Slingsby to win GOLD

Shane Perkins gets the Bronze in cycling

Bad Luck to Diamond missing out on a medal in trap

Sally Pearson should win GOLD in morning, the girls in cracking form

Aussie sailors assured of GOLD

Lauren Mitchell on the floor tonight will do us proud

Go Aussies :D:thumbsu:

I'm guessing the new AOC motto will be
'Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory'?

choke, missed 2 in a row. ******* bullshit!

Don't know about that.

I'm an expert on this event every 4 years (like half the Olympic sports) :rolleyes: and if there's someone in this thread that knows any better perhaps they could explain.

When they showed them up close as they were shooting, Diamond seemed real jerky as he took the shot. The big Cro seemed so smooth, I was glad he won if it wasn't to be Diamond, loved the way he got himself set up for each shot.

Just spoke with my mate who heard Diamond interviewed afterwards. Said he was the older than most and his reflexes weren't quite as sharp as the younger blokes and was trying to anticipate where the trap would go and that's why he was jerky, would guess wrong and then have to quickly adjust.

Man that was intense to watch. Did anyone else like the slo-mos where you could see the curtain of pellets flying at the target? Looked pretty awesome, particularly in HD.

Do they make the shots harder in the final? (targets moving faster or something).

I mean he went 125/125 in qualifying only to go 20/25 in the final. Obviously the pressure is immense, but seems like he was cruising in the qualifying. He went into the final 3 points ahead of the eventual gold medallist.

Do they make the shots harder in the final? (targets moving faster or something).

I mean he went 125/125 in qualifying only to go 20/25 in the final. Obviously the pressure is immense, but seems like he was cruising in the qualifying. He went into the final 3 points ahead of the eventual gold medallist.

In qualifying, you get two shots at a target. In the final, you only get one.

I don't know if Diamond got a lot on the second shot compared to the eventual winner and the rest. You still get one point whether you hit it on the first or second shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firsty whoop whoop gold woohooo gold whoopawoo well done sailing team:)
second How can people watch these games on free to air?I was at work watching the games they just switch from one thing to the other you just get into one thing then move to something else glad have fox at home.

the broadcasting is probably one of the biggest diving factors over the opinion of the games

people with foxtel love the games this year
people without foxtel hate the games this year

Did anyone else like the slo-mos where you could see the curtain of pellets flying at the target? Looked pretty awesome, particularly in HD.
yep. its quite possibly the coolest extreme slo-mo of any sport thats used the technology. Watching the shooting live sometimes i can hardly pick up the targets, and all of a sudden just see a pink cloud appear. But those pellets flying at the target and then shattering it as others pass by is awesome TV.

The next thing i want to see is a lipstick sized camera attached to the pole-vaulters chest or something so we can get an idea of what its like to suddenly be 5m in the air with a first person POV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back