moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Is currently going for $29 bucks at JB Hifi.

Has anyone played this game? Any good? Worth the small outlay?

Yeh i have the game, finished it and in my opinion, it is worth playing. If you're into LotR and loved all the movies then you will enjoy this game a lot, but if you want to get this game because you're looking for an RPG game to tie you over, probably don't get it.

Basically it is a game with RPG elements in it, it isn't open-world, but there is loot you can find and you can upgrade you're character and get new weopons and armor.

The story-line is good, it follows the War In The North and you go on a journey to destroy Saurons right hand man Agandour.

Gameplay is solid but is very repetitive, as is most games. But you do get to slice the orc's head, arm and legs off in this one, and, finally there is blood.

I'd give the game a 7/10, but i love LotR.

got it for $15 on pc a month after launch, played maybe 30 minutes and havent touched it since

i was so hyped for the game loving lotr but the game was just so damn boring and the co op didnt even work

Yeah, much the same.

I'm a huge LOTR fan yet only tried that one for about 30 mins or so, very average.

Yeah, much the same.

I'm a huge LOTR fan yet only tried that one for about 30 mins or so, very average.

I'll third it. Very uninspired.

If you are looking for a console style arpg, Dungeon Siege III is a much better game, in my opinion. Though as a co-op game, that game has some problems of its own. As a single player game, if you can get it cheap, I would recommend it.

Just bought today.
Will let you know what I think but I'll play Witcher 2 first.
Hoping it's not as bad as people say (some like it, somewhat).
Disappointing considering Conquest was such a flop.
Not sure what to expect with Guardians of Middle Earth.
At least it won't take itself seriously.

Played it right through, a few years ago. I thought it was pretty good. Really liked the absorbing environments, such as a rainy Bree.

Very random bump haha you're right though, great game! Didn't get a lot of credit when it came out, but was awesome for fans of the films

Remove this Banner Ad

Back