Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Telesco really done that bad of a job? I reckon he's drafted pretty well, some misses like all GMs but feel he was screwed by the HC more so, he found talent.

Understand starting fresh, just dont think he should be lumped in as a failure like Staley.

Looking over his drafts since 2014 and it probably not as good as I remember but still acceptable. But then you have players like Uchenna Nwosu, Justin Jones and Kyzir White in 2018 and Rayshawn Jenkins and Desmond King in 2017 who have been good players on other teams, wonder if that was more Staley's call to move them on.

Looking over his drafts since 2014 and it probably not as good as I remember but still acceptable. But then you have players like Uchenna Nwosu, Justin Jones and Kyzir White in 2018 and Rayshawn Jenkins and Desmond King in 2017 who have been good players on other teams, wonder if that was more Staley's call to move them on.

He's done a better job than some GMs out there and will possibly find another job.
I feel Quentin Johnstons poor play and the JC Jackson misfire were rakes in the face that was making it hard to come back from.
Ultimately after 11 years, with only 3 playoff appearances, and a 48% win record it was time to bring in a fresh face.

The GM getting fired tho he did a decent job seems a sign Belichick is coming

I've been wondering that too. Please no.

The GM getting fired tho he did a decent job seems a sign Belichick is coming

Dean Spanos is a stingy tight arse, if he wouldn't spend the coin (market price) for Sean Payton, what makes you thing he would open his wallet to get Bill Belichick ?

The Spanos family have always come across as treating their NFL involvement solely as a business venture.
They appear just content to make money from the NFL televised rights and deals, without being too concerned about winning Lombardi Trophy's and making playoffs.

Sad that Linsleys health has led to his retirement, but if it's for the betterment of his long term health, then I'm all for it.

It might be the start of a veteran turnover with the new GM/Coach coming in. Williams and Allen are taking a bit of coin for not being on the field, and Bosa is even worse. Ekeler is gone after this season and Mack might be a salary cap casualty.

As for coaches, the fan base is lobbying hard for Harbaugh. I'm all for it, if he brings a title in the short years he has before he wears out his welcome. I hope Belichick stays on the East Coast, as much as I admire what he's done, I can't see him winning another title and I'd rather he spins his wheels elsewhere.
Whoever it is, I just hope we get it right.

Harbaugh looks to befirming as the favourite. I'd be expecting an announcement soon, it'll be interesting to see what staff he brings, and what that means for the staff we currently have... not to mention the new GM.

Speaking of GMs... Telesco to the Raiders... let's hope that backfires, rather than biting us in the arse.

Most of the moves we've made in the front office so far seem positive. I'm not overly impressed with the Roman hire, we don't have the horses in the backfield to run his offense and I fear for Hebert in his scheme, but overall, things seem positive.

Free Agency and the draft are key, but I feel having Harbaugh might make us seem like a destination club. Fingers crossed.

Chargers will immediately be a hard as nails tough to beat team. Will be good for the fans for 2-3 years before Harbaugh might divide the lockerroom again....hopefully hes learned
That's the risk with Harbaugh wearing out his welcome. But he seems driven to make up for his SB XLVII failings, hopefully he's matured from that and builds a good program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the moves we've made in the front office so far seem positive. I'm not overly impressed with the Roman hire, we don't have the horses in the backfield to run his offense and I fear for Hebert in his scheme, but overall, things seem positive.

Free Agency and the draft are key, but I feel having Harbaugh might make us seem like a destination club. Fingers crossed.
Agree on Roman. That really sucks as hire. s**t draft for RBs too.

Chargers are up against the cap, might take a couple of seasons to turnover the roster to get the type of players Harbaugh wants.
Yeah, it'll be an interesting offseason. A few names/reputations will probably need to get cut to save cap space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back