Health Lose 12+ kilos in 12 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats your training / workout routine like?

Non existent for the past 2 weeks.

I was going for 10000 steps a day.

I was in a car accident in September and my physio is trying to get me a gym membership with TAC.

But it’s all just excuses at the moment.

I’m trying to figure out how to get my mindset right.

I’m at 74.1 at the moment.

Weight loss is so simple. Don't need to follow any diets, simply eat whatever you like, track and record your calories and ensure you burn more than you consume each day.

Weight loss is so simple. Don't need to follow any diets, simply eat whatever you like, track and record your calories and ensure you burn more than you consume each day.

I’m eating too many calories and not doing enough to work it off but lacking discipline.

I’m eating too many calories and not doing enough to work it off but lacking discipline.

Always good to remember that fitness is a life-long journey. Having a few off weeks is a drop in the ocean, and I'm sure you'll get back on track

Yep lack of routine, poor organisation. I’m a stay at home mum so running around after everyone most days.
That's tough. Have you tried classes (spin, pilates, bar, circuit, etc.)? My partner finds them better because the schedule is made for you, all you have to do is show up.

Eat smaller meals 2-3 hours apart.
Never miss a meal
Never over eat in one sitting
Drink water after every meal.
Low sugar.

Last edited:
Oh update, I failed miserably.

But I have a new plan. Lose 14 kilos in 12 months.
A kilo per week is a really, really tough thing to do unless you're already enormous.

Don't be too tough on yourself if your progress isn't linear. Slow and sustainable is a far better journey :thumbsu:

Oh update, I failed miserably.

But I have a new plan. Lose 14 kilos in 12 months.
That's honestly a better plan.
Its pretty cliche but better to make long term lifestyle changes if you to keep it off.
The physiology of losing weight is real simple, but the psychological hurdles are much harder.

Monitor calories until it becomes 2nd nature, be active, but no need to be an athlete, don't drink your calories, eat more whole foods and less processed and pre made, don't get caught up with dumb fads, carbs and fat are not your enemy, sugar and alcohol is.

I chunked up a little pre Xmas so need to drop a few kgs, I'm down 4kg since new years, a couple more will do it.
But I'm eating quality bread, scotch fillets, blue cheese, the odd banh mhi and serve of chips, just in moderation and within my calorie budget.

That's honestly a better plan.
Its pretty cliche but better to make long term lifestyle changes if you to keep it off.
The physiology of losing weight is real simple, but the psychological hurdles are much harder.

Monitor calories until it becomes 2nd nature, be active, but no need to be an athlete, don't drink your calories, eat more whole foods and less processed and pre made, don't get caught up with dumb fads, carbs and fat are not your enemy, sugar and alcohol is.

I chunked up a little pre Xmas so need to drop a few kgs, I'm down 4kg since new years, a couple more will do it.
But I'm eating quality bread, scotch fillets, blue cheese, the odd banh mhi and serve of chips, just in moderation and within my calorie budget.

Omg don’t you know I have coeliac and can’t have decent bread?!

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not just do something as simple as 'In 1 year to be in noticeably better condition/shape than I am now' rather than some number.

Need to get back to a healthy BMI.

I may lose more than that or I might gain muscle but that’s an estimate on what I need to lose for my health.

Down 6 kilos in about 10 weeks. 2 kilos to go to hit my goal weight of 78kgs.
Good one! 3 more for me and I'll be at my goal which is also 78kg.
I've been down as low as 72kg at 179cm which was too light, I was no skeleton...benching 95kg for reps and 140kg DLs, but I looked unhealthy, but man my running was epic

Good one! 3 more for me and I'll be at my goal which is also 78kg.
I've been down as low as 72kg at 179cm which was too light, I was no skeleton...benching 95kg for reps and 140kg DLs, but I looked unhealthy, but man my running was epic

I got down to 78 when training for the 2021 Melbourne marathon, feels good to get close again without it primarily being due to running. You're spot on though, split times and running is so much better sub 80kgs. 72 would be a bit too light though, that's the opposite end of the BMI scale for us!

A kilo per week is a really, really tough thing to do unless you're already enormous.

Don't be too tough on yourself if your progress isn't linear. Slow and sustainable is a far better journey :thumbsu:
Correct.

Goal should be 0.5 to 1kg per week.

As you mentioned, initially if you begin a good healthy diet and fitness program (assuming you previously did nothing), you can expect to lose maybe 1 to 1.5kgs in the first few weeks, which will taper down to around 0.7kg a week. Which is about 0.1kg per day.

I do advise to weigh yourself every single day (at the same time), preferably in the morning after youve gone to the toilet.

The reason to weigh yourself every day which goes against a lot of "fitness experts/influencers" is that you really get to understand and appreciate weight fluctuations daily. I can occasionally fluctuate anywhere around + 1.5kgs depending on what I smash the day before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back