Roast Luke Beveridge gets way too much credit

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to last season simmo had a far superior win/loss record. Its only since the bye last year that the gap has closed between he and Beveridge so yes, I do consider his coaching record to be far superior, even if they do have the same premiership tally and grand final appearances.

I also didn't post any stats, so thanks for confirming you were wrong :)

We practically admitted a mini rebuild was needed from season 2018. Why is it ok for you to exclude “rebuilding year” stats for Simpson (21/22) but are willing to include Bevos rebuilding seasons?

Prior to last season simmo had a far superior win/loss record. Its only since the bye last year that the gap has closed between he and Beveridge so yes, I do consider his coaching record to be far superior, even if they do have the same premiership tally and grand final appearances.

Hilarious how you keen you are to exclude/include very relevant information to try and make a point.

Because I was unaware this was a thing.

Team looked young enough to not require a rebuild, in my opinion.

Got some good pieces moving forward though, just need a KPD.

With some of his bizarre selection and tactical decisions I'm simply sceptical that he's the best man for the job is all.

Trust me, I’ve been his biggest critic all season.

Generally speaking when a team isn't doing well the easy and more comfortable option for the supporter base is to blame the coach entirely or blame parts of his coaching rather than looking at the list as turning over the list is a far longer process than turning over the coach, this is what seems to be happening for a large portion of the doggies supporter base.

The biggest problem with the dogs is their incredibly average and lopsided list, they have a reasonably strong midfield but everything else is below average. They also have a lot of plodders on their list that are in the team based more on reputation rather than ability, Rhylee Smith as an example.

There are also other players who's reputation doesn't match their output, Daniel and Naughton are incredibly overrated by the supporter base and media but offer very little in return.. Naughton looks like he is going to trip over his own feet every time he goes near it.

Personally I think Bevo is the main reason they have been competitive for so long, his no standing on the mark rule is odd but really that shows a greater weakness within the club that it has gone unchallenged. JUH and Darcy look like good prospects but really the jury is still out, they need a good CHB and FB to remain competitive.. finding them won't be so easy.

Generally speaking when a team isn't doing well the easy and more comfortable option for the supporter base is to blame the coach entirely or blame parts of his coaching rather than looking at the list as turning over the list is a far longer process than turning over the coach, this is what seems to be happening for a large portion of the doggies supporter base.

The biggest problem with the dogs is their incredibly average and lopsided list, they have a reasonably strong midfield but everything else is below average. They also have a lot of plodders on their list that are in the team based more on reputation rather than ability, Rhylee Smith as an example.

There are also other players who's reputation doesn't match their output, Daniel and Naughton are incredibly overrated by the supporter base and media but offer very little in return.. Naughton looks like he is going to trip over his own feet every time he goes near it.

Personally I think Bevo is the main reason they have been competitive for so long, his no standing on the mark rule is odd but really that shows a greater weakness within the club that it has gone unchallenged. JUH and Darcy look like good prospects but really the jury is still out, they need a good CHB and FB to remain competitive.. finding them won't be so easy.

Naughton is in the top 4 for contested marks and 6th for goals at the age of 22. He needs better service and a better game plan to get more involved. Our kicking inside 50 is insipid and is always clogged.

Caleb I agree has been poor. Needs a positional change.

Who on earth is Rhylee Smith?

Naughton is in the top 4 for contested marks and 6th for goals at the age of 22. He needs better service and a better game plan to get more involved. Our kicking inside 50 is insipid and is always clogged.

Caleb I agree has been poor. Needs a positional change.

Who on earth is Rhylee Smith?

Attachments

• 287981161_646932763130017_7327216214500865488_n.jpg
    287981161_646932763130017_7327216214500865488_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 36

Bevo and Adam Simpson both have a flag, both have 6 wins and 6 losses against each other in the home and away season, with Bevo leading finals win 1-0 (with the game at Perth at that). Clearly the tie breaker goes to Bevo.

Edit: actually Bevo leads the head to head count 6-5 in the H&A season. No need for the tiebreaker.

One more Bevo v West Coast stat just for fun. The Bulldogs side that beat West Coast by 101 points in Perth earlier this season was both a year younger on average and averaged 20 games less experience. They also both had 9 players with under 50 games experience.

I literally addressed every one of your points and you pretty much ignored my responses and brought something else up. Each time.

Even more amusing.
What, I'm just supposed to straight up agree with your opinion because you stated it? Sorry, like I said, I just don't particularly rate Beveridge as a coach.

At least adogsfan5 gave me a reasonable explanation for the team's form post 2018, which I was unaware of.

What, I'm just supposed to straight up agree with your opinion because you stated it? Sorry, like I said, I just don't particularly rate Beveridge as a coach.

At least adogsfan5 gave me a reasonable explanation for the team's form post 2018, which I was unaware of.

Maaan we stunk in 2018 lol. That round one loss to gws by 82 points summed up where we were at. Naughton debut, Richards debuted that year, English was playing and was as skinny as my finger and a few of the old heads were cooked. Following season we drafted Bazlenka and we started to get back into the groove in the back end of 2019. Was a tough 18 months!

Beveridge had them win a Grand Final and got them into another Grand Final where they got smashed against the team that was smashing everyone in that final series. So I think he deserves some credit. Does he sometimes seem to make weird selection decisions and play players out of position? Sure, but I would argue thats whta makes Bulldogs such an unpredictable team. If he gets it right, it looks great., If he gets it wrong, he looks bad. So ultimately, I think Beveridge is a great coach who like everything has some cons.

Beveridge had them win a Grand Final and got them into another Grand Final where they got smashed against the team that was smashing everyone in that final series. So I think he deserves some credit. Does he sometimes seem to make weird selection decisions and play players out of position? Sure, but I would argue thats whta makes Bulldogs such an unpredictable team. If he gets it right, it looks great., If he gets it wrong, he looks bad. So ultimately, I think Beveridge is a great coach who like everything has some cons.
That's far too reasonable for this place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo is clearly a great coach. The most successful in our clubs history with a flag and a GF appearance in his coaching tenure seems to suggest he knows a thing or two.

What we need is a senior assistant/head of football to really challenge him and to be a fresh voice for the playing list.

So? In how many of those years has he actually won a final?

2016, 2021 - 7 finals in that period

Yes, I think he's an ordinary match day coach at the best of times

Genuinely embarrassing to see Dogs fans bumping this thread after essentially tumbling over into 8th on the back of one of the worst chokes of all time.

The Dogs have been garbage this year and they're a waste of space in the finals this year. I'm sure it will now be more than enough to get Beveridge a new long-term contract on big money, and he will retain full control of the club.

You dare try to besmirch the choke of all chokes with your frank commentary!?

Genuinely embarrassing to see Dogs fans bumping this thread after essentially tumbling into 8th on the back of one of the worst chokes of all time.

The Dogs have been garbage this year and they're a waste of space in the finals. I'm sure it will now be more than enough to get Beveridge a new long-term contract on big money, and he will retain full control of the club.
Mate ..... youve got a problem.
Anyway, its just gone 7.30pm which is now past your bedtime. Off you go.

Genuinely embarrassing to see Dogs fans bumping this thread after essentially tumbling into 8th on the back of one of the worst chokes of all time.

The Dogs have been garbage this year and they're a waste of space in the finals. I'm sure it will now be more than enough to get Beveridge a new long-term contract on big money, and he will retain full control of the club.
It's all part of the plan to do one better than 2016 and win it all from 8th spot instead of 7th. Unfortunately we had to be shithouse half the year in order to keep below Richmond since they kept losing games to the likes of North, Crows, Suns, Saints, Blues...

If your team is just one spot above another that’s garbage and a waste of space does that reeeaalllly make yours that much better?

Cmon bucko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back