Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither do the cats, yet their system continues to stack up, year on year. You don’t need 3-4 great mids to make top4.
Cats defend better than the Dogs though, is it down to coaching? maybe but there players definitely work harder both ways you don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

That's why I would say the Cats defence is a lot better not just defensive line but their midfield work harder both ways, Dogs mids get a lot of the ball but do they work hard the other way?

Cats defend better than the Dogs though, is it down to coaching? maybe but there players definitely work harder both ways you don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

That's why I would say the Cats defence is a lot better not just defensive line but their midfield work harder both ways, Dogs mids get a lot of the ball but do they work hard the other way?

Its up to the coach to get the best out of his players.

Trealor, Bont, Libba, English. Some how managed to kill McCrae, Daniel, and Sanders development. Smith injured so wont count him. First 4 are a pretty good starting point for any midfield
bit early in sanders lol, there’s definitely some animosity but he’s 18

100% coaching. Their team defence totally sucks. Imagine if Craig Macrae or Adam Kingsley got a hold of this list
Collingwood & GWS have a better list than the Dogs. so not sure they would do better at the Dogs than what they are doing now.

Collingwood & GWS have a better list than the Dogs. so not sure they would do better at the Dogs than what they are doing now.
i’d argue that the lists are very similar in the middle, dogs stronger in the forward & pies much stronger in the backline

i’d argue that the lists are very similar in the middle, dogs stronger in the forward & pies much stronger in the backline
Collingwood won the flag last year & after poor start, are starting to play good again, I think it's fair to say there better.
GWS made a prelim & lost to the eventual winners by 1 point.

Idc what the Dogs did in 2021 their form states they been average team by missing last year finals not going to make finals this year.

Don't believe they do have better lists, and if so how much better? You don't think the Dogs could be better with a different game plan?

Mate you're a Tiges supporter, remember what happened to us end of 2016 when we totally changed game plan. Hardwick got in all that extra coaching help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe they do have better lists, and if so how much better? You don't think the Dogs could be better with a different game plan?
Potentially, But I still think they have list problems some of there players have dropped off like Macrae & Daniel. not sure what Bevo needs to do he is already dropping these types of players.

Mate you're a Tiges supporter, remember what happened to us end of 2016 when we totally changed game plan. Hardwick got in all that extra coaching help
Yeah gameplan helped but I think we had the players on each line ready & it was just a poor season.

This is the Dogs 2nd poor season.

Yeah gameplan helped but I think we had the players on each line ready & it was just a poor season.

This is the Dogs 2nd poor season.
Nah what happended in 2017 -2020 was a radical shift in gameplan. Had we not done that we wouldn't have any flags IMO. We weren't even close to a flag in any season before that. Look at what Macrae did with Collingwood when he took over from Buckley. Bulldogs are playing an outdated game plan, I reckon a lot of Bulldog supporters and neutrals can see this

Nah what happended in 2017 -2020 was a radical shift in gameplan. Had we not done that we wouldn't have any flags IMO. We weren't even close to a flag in any season before that. Look at what Macrae did with Collingwood when he took over from Buckley. Bulldogs are playing an outdated game plan, I reckon a lot of Bulldog supporters and neutrals can see this
Apart from musical chairs, what is their game plan?

It either works really well or they play extremely poorly.

stuffed if I know but they leak a lot of score. Hawks scored 98 against them today, what's a good side going to do to them if they make finals. Need a strong defence to be any chance of going far in September

I really don't get why the media/supporters think the dogs should be flying and Bevo is holding them back.

Midfield is good but their backline is pretty average and whilst their forward line has great potential, JUH and Naughton aren't setting the world on fire just yet.

As an exercise take any top 4 team and swap in this forward line and backline - Is it still a top 8 team?

1714905747749.png
1714905786828.png

I really don't get why the media/supporters think the dogs should be flying and Bevo is holding them back.

Midfield is good but their backline is pretty average and whilst their forward line has great potential, JUH and Naughton aren't setting the world on fire just yet.

As an exercise take any top 4 team and swap in this forward line and backline - Is it still a top 8 team?

View attachment 1980598
View attachment 1980600
That’s a good point. Very weak backline.

Geelong have a system and team ethos that you have to buy into, and if you don't you're not going to play. It keeps it simple.

An example would be Shaun Mannagh right now for us.

Actually played really well to start the year...but burnt teamates on more than one occasion, and seemed to playing his own game rather than the teams.

He's since been told that's not how we roll here, and gone back to the VFL and been a much better player for it while bringing teamates into he game.

That sort of thing is where Bevo differs.

Has his favorites, and loves his VFL plodders and other clubs rejects....but there's no established structure and system that you're slotting them into.

It's all just a thrown together mess, while praying that Bont, Libba, or Naughton are BOG or pull the game out of the fire.

There's no system to fall back on when you're being beaten like Geelong, Collingwood, or Richmond & Hawthorn had in the past. It's all about the individual.

I do feel for him in the sense that the tactical side of the game clearly isn't his go, and he clearly needs quality assistants around him to focus on that.

Without being in the 4 walls, I've got no idea if he'd actually listen if they did do that...but that seems to be the only option if they're not going to sack him.

Geelong have a system and team ethos that you have to buy into, and if you don't you're not going to play. It keeps it simple.

An example would be Shaun Mannagh right now for us.

Actually played really well to start the year...but burnt teamates on more than one occasion, and seemed to playing his own game rather than the teams.

He's since been told that's not how we roll here, and gone back to the VFL and been a much better player for it while bringing teamates into he game.

That sort of thing is where Bevo differs.

Has his favorites, and loves his VFL plodders and other clubs rejects....but there's no established structure and system that you're slotting them into.

It's all just a thrown together mess, while praying that Bont, Libba, or Naughton are BOG or pull the game out of the fire.

There's no system to fall back on when you're being beaten like Geelong, Collingwood, or Richmond & Hawthorn had in the past. It's all about the individual.

I do feel for him in the sense that the tactical side of the game clearly isn't his go, and he clearly needs quality assistants around him to focus on that.

Without being in the 4 walls, I've got no idea if he'd actually listen if they did do that...but that seems to be the only option if they're not going to sack him.
Not saying you are wrong but there is list is no where near imo as good as people state it is, to me Melbourne's that's the list I think has underarchieved.

They have the luxury of the best ruckman of all time & great midfield bull in Oliver, a damaging mid/forward in Petracca, a tough defensive mid in Viney, great key defenders in Lever & May, good wings maybe their forward line is a bit of their weakness but they still have a good small forward in Pickett. Fritsch is very underrated.

Back