Gaming Madden 23

Remove this Banner Ad

As for Bengal's vid, that sucks so much, I was really enjoying his franchise, must be super frustrating to him that he cant progress past the 2025 draft. What a joke. in NBA 2K you can do 80 years, in Madden you cant even do 3.

Ive got no real interest playing online, I like playing against mates and that but yeah, thats sounds very frustrating for those that do. When I play against mates we always turn the computer help off. Let the best man win.
Online is great fun when you have people who play in the right spirit. But a terrible experience when you go up against people who rage quit (using some glitch that doesnt record a win for you), as well as using in-game cheats that you notice here and there.

I've been holding off continuing my Birds franchise after it skipped back 4 or 5 games midway through a new season & also didnt want to run into that draft glitch, that was I dunno 6 weeks ago, assuming a bug that big would be fixed by now. Guess not...

Currently enjoying a replay of Alien Isolation, great friggin game.

Gameplay is good & sounds like they have tidied up interceptions with the latest patch but the draft glitch etc is unacceptable.
Playing on All Pro I have been smashing it with ints

20221217_152134.jpg

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All they had to do was not * it up before ncaa football came out and they likely had me for another decade.

Thank god their so inept they couldn't last another year.

I have finally given up on madden this year after being one of its biggest defenders being playing it since madden 94.

Such a joke they don't care about anything that isn't mut related. I lost 2 leagues due to this so enough is enough.

Played a bit of mine yesterday & it's fine. I suspect you would be representative of a lot of franchise fans as it's just one thing after another. I got lucky with a free copy of 23 but certainly wont be paying for it again until I get a strong sense from the community that it's worth doing so.

Madden 23 - Did not buy
Madden 22 - Enjoyed the small parts I played, but technical issues made me trade it in soon after release
Madden 21 - Did not buy

Going back beyond there? I can't even remember the last one I enjoyed.

There were some I enjoyed aspects
1 - Madden 20 - The individual player component............Early on. Once you actually got drafted it turned into the same old stuff.
2 - Madden 09 - The dynamic difficulty. The difficulty would change based off your performance. (Made playoffs a nightmare. I could go 12-4, but by winning too much it upped the difficulty to too hard in playoffs)
3 - Madden 07 - The customisation you could do throughout franchise was more than what we get now. Oh, and superstar mode was great. Enjoyed doing a 20 year career at WR, beating Rice's records. AND performing in 20 movies :p Or be a jerk and get traded 2 times a season. Try and play at all 32 teams. Make Fitzpatrick look loyal.

Then there were some I hated
1 - You know the X-Factors we have now? Right now I actually enjoy it. But they had that around 08/09ish and I hated it then.
2 - The real reason I stopped buying, and needs to be fixed for me to come back to Madden. Customisation in franchise. Let me become whatever I want. Not 10 cities (Inc being the 2nd in Houston, Chicago and London) and a meager choice of 3 nicknames in those cities. Gimme Madden 07 where I can move the Chargers to Honolulu, or the Seahawks to Anchorage, or heck, even the Broncos to Boise.

Apparently in the early years, they just added and added different components. But it didn't properly work together. And it was when they went to the Ps3 (So Madden 08) was when there were sweeping changes. Simplified it for coders. Made it easier for the game developers. But honestly. Since about Madden 14ish (That's a guess, about 10 years ago) - Nothing's changed since. A few extra animations a year. But honestly, does EA Sports hire more people for the marketing than game development? It feels like there's maybe 5-6 game developers, and only 1 does general gameplay, the rest are in those mini-game s**t that really only appeals to those with no attention span.

More EA bullshit to keep people from leaving. Like someone in the replies said....the foundation for a football simulation is 2k5/8, if you just port that game to next gen, with updated graphics, textures, rosters you already have a far better sim.

Very hard to not be cynical. I am still enjoying playing 23 tho , the sucker that I am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back