Gaming Madden 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought an Xbox X on the weekend

So I downloaded this since it's free on gamepass

Game feels super different to the old gen. Updated graphics, visuals & interface. Load times a lot faster

Feels like a different game

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Bought an Xbox X on the weekend

So I downloaded this since it's free on gamepass

Game feels super different to the old gen. Updated graphics, visuals & interface. Load times a lot faster

Feels like a different game

Is it much better in terms of how it plays? I believe is uses better animations and physics too?

I'm still yet to upgrade. Played bugger all this time around on past gen.

Is it much better in terms of how it plays? I believe is uses better animations and physics too?

I'm still yet to upgrade. Played bugger all this time around on past gen.

Only played one game so a bit early to tell

It seems to have fixed up being able to juke players quite easily, which has made it more realistic. There are 3 different settings for throwing with the QB which is interesting. Will need to play around with them a bit more

The graphics are a huge upgrade though. Players get mud stains on themselves and you can see the field getting chopped up a bit

Current madden is so crap compared to new mlb the show it’s not funny. Franchise mode in madden the worst of all major sorts including fifa.

So played this a fair bit on the weekend and in fairness came across 2 bugs (first ones I have had)

One. Threw a td pass that was classified as being caught out of bounds. Challenged the call and won resulting in a TD. Score was updated appropriately but the QB was not awarded the TD and on the score summary it was classified as a FG (weird)

Two. Had a qb get sacked. Fumbled the ball and then for the next 2 minutes a pile of players kept on falling over themselves and no one was able to recover the ball until the clock wound down to the end of the quarter

On the positive side there seems to be a new update

When playing on the road if the home teams gets the momentum it effects the visiting team. Either screen starts shaking as your are lining up for a play or the routes start playing haywire which makes changing the play at scrimmage ******* hard or one or two of your receivers don't have their buttons.

Obviously once the play starts this corrects but

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Downloaded it on the Xbox over the weekend - is there a way to turn off the momentum rubbish? Just finding it's ruining games for me.

I mean, the obvious answer is to not fall behind but that's not how games should work.

Don't believe there is. I don't mind most of the momentum stuff, couple of them do make it really hard to comeback though.

Two. Had a qb get sacked. Fumbled the ball and then for the next 2 minutes a pile of players kept on falling over themselves and no one was able to recover the ball until the clock wound down to the end of the quarter

Had this happen once in '23 which is kind of acceptable given how many hours I would have played.

Downloaded it on the Xbox over the weekend - is there a way to turn off the momentum rubbish? Just finding it's ruining games for me.

I mean, the obvious answer is to not fall behind but that's not how games should work.
I don't mind it

Kind of simulates what it would be like on the road, losing and trying to change plays at the line of scrimmage

Some of them are ok, others I just find over the top difficult. Also find the meter doesn't necessarily reflect the flow of the game.
Its kinda frustrating but I do kinda like it when you have given up the lead and it therefore makes a game winning late drive harder than normal

And tbf the button indicators and routes are pretty easy to remember anyway when calling plays. Its just if you want to change at the scrimmage it can get a bit difficult

Remove this Banner Ad

Back