Solved Malcolm McCusker will bid to clear Sharon Masons sentenced murderer in Perth WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget the fingerprint.

Surely this now has shone some light? We haven't yet seen the identity of the hair and the print?

With contemporary DNA technology etc this case must be progressing. Maybe the hair and print are irrelevant?

There appears to be a reckoning coming?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mason-murderer-will-remain-inside-mcginty-20110303-1bgak.html

"Others said they saw her telling two young men in a white panel van that she “just wanted to go home” in an argument not far from the restaurant where she worked casually.

One woman claimed to have seen her waving frantically from the back of a moving white American-style pick-up ute, while another couple swore blind they saw her walking briskly along Stirling Highway at 10.30pm on the night she disappeared.

A teenage friend claimed that on that day, she found Sharon crying in the laneway behind the shops before they both hitchhiked to the city and then to Mundaring Weir with a man in a red sports car.

She told police they were driven back to Perth after the man tried to have sex with Sharon. She said the man dropped her off at the Causeway and that was the last she saw of both of them."
Sharon Mason was 14 in 1983.

So if the witness accounts are accurate:

- we have her arguing with two young men in a panel van.

The murder occurred in 1983 - 35 years ago.

Described as "young men", they would be 53 - 60 years of age now?

- a pedo driving a red sports car picks them up hitchhiking and takes them from the city out to Mundaring Weir.

Who tried to have sex with 14 year old victim accompanied by the witness.

Then dumps the friend at the Causeway and takes off with the victim.

Shakes head.

Wonder if the witnesses gave detailed descriptions at the time?
There is the hair and fingerprint.

And the mask :devil:

"Others said they saw her telling two young men in a white panel van that she “just wanted to go home” in an argument not far from the restaurant where she worked casually.

Which restaurant? Not Le Petit Cabin?

Don't quote me on it, but my source once told me they call them hebephiles when the victim is about that age.

Red Sports car, interesting. All that evidence held back at Greers appeal.

Maybe this is why McCusker QC has stepped in? Once Greer is cleared, proceedings can take place?

Last edited:

Sharon Mason works casual in a restaurant.

If the bottom half of the frozen torso was buried 9 years later in the same place, someone must have been nearby with a freezer with enough freezer space to store the bottom half a 14 year old girl for an extended period of time.

Sharon Mason dux of the school. Gerard Ross was very smart too?

Dr Pocock believes there was a notable difference in the “degree of decomposition between the top part of the body and the bottom part” and suspects the lower part may “have been frozen for a considerable part of the nine years” that Sharon was missing.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...murder-mystery-that-shook-perth-ng-b88699046z

Last edited:
It is quite incredible that the murders of Sharon Mason and Pamela Lawrence would appeared to have happened within meters of each other.

Murder in Perth is fairly rare but to have 2 like that seems almost impossible doesn't it?

It is quite incredible that the murders of Sharon Mason and Pamela Lawrence would appeared to have happened within meters of each other.

Murder in Perth is fairly rare but to have 2 like that seems almost impossible doesn't it?

I feel Rochford is more than likely the murderer. The media stated it was a motiveless crime.

I find the motiveless crime hard to believe, but with multiple books detailing the heroin dealing in Glyde st, I ponder if there was a greater criminal element present, such as example, the Fremantle tattooist it was stated these people congregated around and the mention in books of the Wicca culture in the area.

I wonder if Noel Coward, aka knew the Fremantle tattooist?

My old ex AFP lecturer said tattooists were notorious for being intravenous users.

Had Rochford been using drugs? How does a man that lived in Scarborough, end up at Pams shops?

I query whether Rochford may have drug debts for example and been ordered to kill Pam?

There are several heroin related unsolved crimes, with this being a street centric to the culture.

And while there may have been a single player in the direct homicide of Claremont in particular, I cant discount a connection to wider group of criminals.

Last edited:
Hi Dan Baker have you done any research into Sharon Mason's surname and the message the killer might be trying to send by choosing a victim with that surname? Thanks

Coroner said that bottom half of body had possibly been kept in freezer.

"We both got a job at Mosman Park Seafoods but were were both really unhappy there," she said.

Coroner felt the bottom half the body had been frozen. Body chopped in half to fit in chest freezer? Still 3 foot long.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-18/woman-speaks-out-against-push-to-free-arthur-greer/9336452

Sometimes pipes are pushed through the sand by drainers. Its easier than digging a trench and the carpark substrate not need be excavated leaving a neater job.

Someone nearby may have just taken the opportunity of an open trench under a carpark that would not be seen for year. Why not further a field? Someone who wanted her nearby?

So who had the body stashed and where? In a freezer. The top half and bottom half had depreciated at different rates said the coroner.

Highly unlikely a body kept at a seafoods outlet with all those employees, but a restaurant maybe? Who would have a freezer big enough to store a teenage girl in two halves? Who did the mask belong to?

Glyde st was a main thoroughfare for the area.

"What I found at the crime scene was a sewerage pipe and a storm water pipe. These pipes had only been placed in the ground in 1992 — a fortnight or three weeks before Sharon's body was recovered," he said.

"We checked with the manufacturers and found that the pipes were dated which proved that she could not have been buried 10 years earlier as her body was on top of one of the pipes."

gSj0NBJ.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cri...r-convicted-killer-arthur-greer-ng-b88720360z

That's very interesting and as predicted.

"It follows recent revelations in The Sunday Times that leading QC and former WA governor Malcolm McCusker had written to Greer saying he believed it appeared there had been “significant evidence” withheld from Greer’s 1994 trial in which he was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in jail."

Last edited:
Surely this now has shone some light? We haven't yet seen the identity of the hair and the print?

With contemporary DNA technology etc this case must be progressing. Maybe the hair and print are irrelevant?

Sharon Mason was 14 in 1983.

So if the witness accounts are accurate:

- we have her arguing with two young men in a panel van.

The murder occurred in 1983 - 35 years ago.

Described as "young men", they would be 53 - 60 years of age now?

- a pedo driving a red sports car picks them up hitchhiking and takes them from the city out to Mundaring Weir.

Who tried to have sex with 14 year old victim accompanied by the witness.

Then dumps the friend at the Causeway and takes off with the victim.

Shakes head.

Wonder if the witnesses gave detailed descriptions at the time?

There is the hair and fingerprint.

And the mask :devil:

Which restaurant? Not Le Petit Cabin?

Don't quote me on it, but my source once told me they call them hebephiles when the victim is about that age.

Red Sports car, interesting. All that evidence held back at Greers appeal.

Maybe this is why McCusker QC has stepped in? Once Greer is cleared, proceedings can take place?

Looks that way, don't it? ;)

Media article with unsubstantiated claims?

Recent news stated Sharon was never seen going into the shop and there was no overwhelming evidence at all against Greer.
This is media bias in my opinion...

Quote :
"Arthur Greer murdered 14-year-old Sharon Mason 21 years ago after she asked for a job at his dress shop.
The pensioner, who has a terrifying list of convictions dating back to 1969, has always denied murdering Sharon despite overwhelming evidence against him.
We know Sharon went into Greer's dress shop to answer an ad for junior staff that was in the window.
"I can't bear to think about what he did to her or how he lured her in and fooled her into feeling safe.
But she never came out of that place alive."
It was Sharon Mason and lying beside her was a party mask from Greer's shop - a clue which eventually helped convict him.
One former shop assistant said Greer had put the mask on one day and frightened her so badly she left her job."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/OZ+M...EKS+PAROLE+I+don't+want+him+to...-a0117309400

Media article with unsubstantiated claims?

Recent news stated Sharon was never seen going into the shop and there was no overwhelming evidence at all against Greer.
This is media bias in my opinion...

Quote :
"Arthur Greer murdered 14-year-old Sharon Mason 21 years ago after she asked for a job at his dress shop.
The pensioner, who has a terrifying list of convictions dating back to 1969, has always denied murdering Sharon despite overwhelming evidence against him.
We know Sharon went into Greer's dress shop to answer an ad for junior staff that was in the window.
"I can't bear to think about what he did to her or how he lured her in and fooled her into feeling safe.
But she never came out of that place alive."
It was Sharon Mason and lying beside her was a party mask from Greer's shop - a clue which eventually helped convict him.
One former shop assistant said Greer had put the mask on one day and frightened her so badly she left her job."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/OZ+MUM'S+PLEA+AFTER+ULSTER+MURDERER+SEEKS+PAROLE+I+don't+want+him+to...-a0117309400
Unfortunately we can't rely on what the media tells us. The only 'entity' that matters is the courts. This is another case of me believing our system getting it right, until shown otherwise.

BTW, he's obviously a sick creep and is another one I don't have a problem with being locked up forever, whether he's innocent or guilty of this particular crime. He may have a particular official record but there's little doubt he's done other things he was never caught for.

Unfortunately we can't rely on what the media tells us. The only 'entity' that matters is the courts. This is another case of me believing our system getting it right, until shown otherwise.

BTW, he's obviously a sick creep and is another one I don't have a problem with being locked up forever, whether he's innocent or guilty of this particular crime. He may have a particular official record but there's little doubt he's done other things he was never caught for.

Yet on many forum sites, we are only allowed to post content based on media reference. Some sites are adamant a link source be provided.

There have even been journalists attacking users online asking for a source when it cant be provided because it the source is part of the investigation.

Lets see how that pans out in contradiction, although savy media seem to be deleting a lot of their articles that pose a threat to their integrity.

He has a long line of prior convictions. I dare say the fit up method was used to protect the community.

We cant discount his indirect involvement as yet. He is automatically extradited from Australia, back to Liverpool I believe. He moved here from Belfast from memory.

But it begs the question, who really killed Sharon Mason? Who is walking free? Thats a crime.

If Queens Council Malcolm is stepping in, he must feel he has it in the bag already. A matter of withheld evidence again.

What will Sharons BFF bring to the witness stand?

But it begs the question, who really killed Sharon Mason?
If Queens Council Malcolm is stepping in, he must feel he has it in the bag already. A matter of withheld evidence again.
It could also be a matter of judicial procedure. ie MM might have seen an avenue of appeal based on the technical aspects.

Your first question may be the person already charged and convicted of the murder.

It could also be a matter of judicial procedure. ie MM might have seen an avenue of appeal based on the technical aspects.

Your first question may be the person already charged and convicted of the murder.
Yep, just because the cops may have added (or left out) some mayo to ensure a conviction doesn't mean he didn't do the crime.

Sharon Mason, last seen outside Mosman Park Post office

November 4, 1999

Detectives at Mandurah, 70 kilometres south of Perth, are working on new leads involving the murders of three young women and the disappearance of a young girl.

Sergeant Jeff Beaman says the information specifically relates to the murder of Anette Carolyn Deverall, who was last seen alive outside the Mandurah Post Office in 1980.

Her body was found two years later in burnt out bushland.

Detective Beaman says there are similarities in the Deverall murder with the killings of Kerry Tate and Felicia Wilson, in 1979, and the disappearance of 12-year-old Lisa Mott from Collie in 1980.

"They suspect they know the person," he said.

"We've had a look at the file, and when you look at the file and look at all the newspapers it comes to bear that there was three confirmed homicides and one young girl missing, all around the same time.

"I've spoken to other investigators inquiring into it before and they say it's quite possible they could be linked."

Sharon Mason, last seen outside Mosman Park Post office

November 4, 1999

Detectives at Mandurah, 70 kilometres south of Perth, are working on new leads involving the murders of three young women and the disappearance of a young girl.

Sergeant Jeff Beaman says the information specifically relates to the murder of Anette Carolyn Deverall, who was last seen alive outside the Mandurah Post Office in 1980.

Her body was found two years later in burnt out bushland.

Detective Beaman says there are similarities in the Deverall murder with the killings of Kerry Tate and Felicia Wilson, in 1979, and the disappearance of 12-year-old Lisa Mott from Collie in 1980.

"They suspect they know the person," he said.

"We've had a look at the file, and when you look at the file and look at all the newspapers it comes to bear that there was three confirmed homicides and one young girl missing, all around the same time.

"I've spoken to other investigators inquiring into it before and they say it's quite possible they could be linked."

Consistent with what retired military man Phantom62 claimed.

And reckon he would know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back