Mark of the Year- Top 3 No Garner, once again we get no love

Remove this Banner Ad

roo blitz

All Australian
Mar 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just saw 3 top marks of the year nominations on AFL website with the winner to be nominated at the brownlow. Top 3 Howe, Grundy and Daniher. The Garner mark he took against the Dockers has been totally forgotten. Clearly better than Grundy and Danihers. Surprise surprise 2 Collingwood nominations and 1 Essendon. Reminds me of the Aaron Edwards screamer a bit like snake Bakers that missed out on winning mark of the year although I think the reason was because it was in a final against Hawthorn when nominations had closed which was a silly decision.

'Once again we get no love'

Majak Daw won it last year.

Nicely put Mark. Negative comments like that remind me of this loud lady i had the pleasure of sitting in front of at our vs Carlton game this year.

For the entire 2 hours she did not once cheer or say something positive. Her entire brain was wired to seek out and exacerbate the faults, even when there wasn't any. In her own little mind the whole world was against our club even though we ended up winning.

I fear it's becoming quite common for people to pay for a ticket and then sit there sooking like a child the entire game rather than just enjoying it. Especially in front of their own kids!

That experience killed my mood for a week.

(...... Garner deserved to be in the top 3 lol, Howe's was the best and Daniher's looked like an unko taking a fall)

Nicely put Mark. Negative comments like that remind me of this loud lady i had the pleasure of sitting in front of at our vs Carlton game this year.

For the entire 2 hours she did not once cheer or say something positive. Her entire brain was wired to seek out and exacerbate the faults, even when there wasn't any. In her own little mind the whole world was against our club even though we ended up winning.

I fear it's becoming quite common for people to pay for a ticket and then sit there sooking like a child the entire game rather than just enjoying it. Especially in front of their own kids!

That experience killed my mood for a week.

(...... Garner deserved to be in the top 3 lol, Howe's was the best and Daniher's looked like an unko taking a fall)

Every club has supporters wired that way. Sitting on level 2 surrounded by fans of both teams has confimed that for me.

Every week I try to come away from our games with positives / looking at the pint as half full.

I think the only game - since i moved to Melbourne 3 years ago - that I've left feeling legitimately negative about was the St Kilda game this year.
From memory it was just a mixture of going in confident we were still much better than them, seeing some truly horrible football from both sides for the majority of the game (such an ugly game to watch skill-wise!) & I was watching it in a corporate box with mostly St Kilda w***ers.
Not even the free beers could lift my spirits.

I do always try to find positives though. Anything promising from the kids is an easy go-to.

Howe not winning mark of the year was one of the more ridiculous things I've witnessed in the AFL ever.

1yprpf.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back