Review Marsh Series: Fremantle v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah - with Hill, Fyfe and Walters as a minimum to come in - who are the 7 that come out to make up the 22?

For mine - Dixon, Frederick, Watson, Crowden, Duman, one of Banfield/Blakely and one of Shultz/Matera
Plus Tucker to come in as well. Agree with your potential outs. Could change based on Marsh performances though - hopefully it does (because of players performing above expectations) :)

If Young plays next game as well you'd think he'll be a good chance at round 1 spot as well
In JLo's latest interview it didn't sound like we were going to rush him. It will be early season - not sure rd 1 anymore.

Like that Dixon has been named. Good pre season.
Conca named in the middle.
But gee that defence is seriously depleted. No leadership in that backline. Logue is going to have to be the captain.

Exciting times. Looking forward to seeing what that team can produce.
I wonder if the Minaro can grab himself a spot for round 1. I reckon he'll go as hard as anyone out there.
Can't wait to see if Sturt can produce a bit of mojo too.
Glad Hill is in cotton wool. He doesn't need to prove a thing.
Hill needs to prove nothing at all, you’re right.
Can’t wait to see Sturt with a full pre season. Good to see Darcy is fit. Be great to watch Lobb part time ruck with Tabs full forward

Like that Dixon has been named. Good pre season.
Conca named in the middle.
But gee that defence is seriously depleted. No leadership in that backline. Logue is going to have to be the captain.
I would think that it would most likely be Luke Ryan, James Aish and Ethan Hughes being the leaders in that back line over a 21 yr old Logue.

I can't see why putting Hill, Walters, Fyfe and Tucker into that starting 18 at the expense of (say) Colyer, Schultz, Sturt and Hughes - with those four becoming the interchange - will produce anything resembling a wooden spoon contending round one team. And that's discounting our best backs and Mundy.
There's going to be some embarrassed people on here in a few months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Cam Mac spend some decent time on the wing.
Like to think he has something to offer in that position with his low penetrating and accurate kick on the run.
Might be my imagination but he seems to kick better to a lead than at goals.
Perfect tester game.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would like to see Cam Mac spend some decent time on the wing.
Like to think he has something to offer in that position with his low penetrating and accurate kick on the run.
Might be my imagination but he seems to kick better to a lead than at goals.
Perfect tester game.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s also a goal threat from outside 50, and a good height to get back and help out the defence, definitely has some merit.

I know why Hill isn't playing and I fully support him not playing at all this pre-season.... however, I'd just like them to let me know that he's NOT injured when releasing the team sheet.

Have the club said anywhere that Hill is being rested for this game in particular?

I know why Hill isn't playing and I fully support him not playing at all this pre-season.... however, I'd just like them to let me know that he's NOT injured when releasing the team sheet.

Have the club said anywhere that Hill is being rested for this game in particular?

Here ya go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absolutely fascinated to see how Frederick goes and if he shows enough to be contending for a spot early in the season.

Although it's only Marsh, the choice of Acres to captain is intriguing. I'd love to see him really step up this year, and for his leadership in a young midfield group to propel his own game to the level he's showed glimpses of in the past.

I love the idea of Acres captaining, given St Kilda fans say his biggest problem was consistency, you'd think this should be a massive shot of confidence for him and will show him how highly the club rates and values him.

Reckon he'll have a massive game.

If we somehow get the best of Acres consistently, our midfield will start to get some real depth to it. The best of Acres of the last few years has always been elite, there's just been a lot of long patches of rubbish in between.

I can't see why putting Hill, Walters, Fyfe and Tucker into that starting 18 at the expense of (say) Colyer, Schultz, Sturt and Hughes - with those four becoming the interchange - will produce anything resembling a wooden spoon contending round one team. And that's discounting our best backs and Mundy.
There's going to be some embarrassed people on here in a few months
No embarassment as I'll just start using my new account Square Pug 🐶 I'm due for a change anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back