Game Day Marsh Series Game 2 v GWS at Robertson Oval Wagga Wagga March 8th 12.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We were at full strength while GWS missing Davis, Ward, Tarranto and Williams lol. If they all stay on the park they are the team to beat.

A practice match. Seriously, I know you are just trolling and some may buy into it I guess, but most have seen through it. As if in normal season the scores will be that high, let alone once we get to finals. Two teams running around getting fitness up and fine tuning skills. They are a quality team, but even at fullstrength, we can put a heap more pressure on their 'skilled' players and force them to play out game plan.

But I can see you will be trolling this board all season, but carry on...

A practice match. Seriously, I know you are just trolling and some may buy into it I guess, but most have seen through it. As if in normal season the scores will be that high, let alone once we get to finals. Two teams running around getting fitness up and fine tuning skills. They are a quality team, but even at fullstrength, we can put a heap more pressure on their 'skilled' players and force them to play out game plan.

But I can see you will be trolling this board all season, but carry on...
I wasn’t trolling. I was merely highlighting how much talent GWS have. Forget the scoreline and the game in general, I’m talking purely on paper. The side they fielded looked formidable whilst they were missing four seriously good players. We fielded arguably our best side and I just don’t think our team stacks up to theirs ON PAPER. It’s just an observation.

If they can hit their potential, I think they’re the team to beat. There’s a reason why everyone refers to their list as a Ferrari and they just improved their ruck stocks and added two of the best youth prospects from the draft.

I wasn’t trolling. I was merely highlighting how much talent GWS have. Forget the scoreline and the game in general, I’m talking purely on paper. The side they fielded looked formidable whilst they were missing four seriously good players. We fielded arguably our best side and I just don’t think our team stacks up to theirs ON PAPER. It’s just an observation.

If they can hit their potential, I think they’re the team to beat. There’s a reason why everyone refers to their list as a Ferrari and they just improved their ruck stocks and added two of the best youth prospects from the draft.
I’m glad we’ve never lost a paper grand final

If GWS click they are a huge threat. I’m sorry if this upsets you.

not at all. If any team clicks they are a huge threat. But big games mostly finals aren’t won on talent alone. System/plans/luck all make it work. What the Giants don’t have is blokes that will work their campaigners out sacrificing a portion of their game to help the others. Their captain played underdone in the biggest game in hindsight was a selfish move.
many have said we are the worst premiers ever. What we have is the best player in the comp, the best captain, the best backline who are in sync, 2 gun fwds then we are topped up with players who know their role, contribute to the team ethos and are prepared to sacrifice or change to make the team function.
gws has more talent no doubt. They have more talent in their side then any club in history. But yet lost the GF by 15 goals. They have players that put themselves before the team. Games aren’t won on paper.

The games not played on paper , it never has been , they can’t go with us on the mcg , they do however find it easier to stifle our run on tighter grounds

not at all. If any team clicks they are a huge threat. But big games mostly finals aren’t won on talent alone. System/plans/luck all make it work. What the Giants don’t have is blokes that will work their campaigners out sacrificing a portion of their game to help the others. Their captain played underdone in the biggest game in hindsight was a selfish move.
many have said we are the worst premiers ever. What we have is the best player in the comp, the best captain, the best backline who are in sync, 2 gun fwds then we are topped up with players who know their role, contribute to the team ethos and are prepared to sacrifice or change to make the team function.
gws has more talent no doubt. They have more talent in their side then any club in history. But yet lost the GF by 15 goals. They have players that put themselves before the team. Games aren’t won on paper.
I never said games are won on paper and I don’t necessarily disagree with anything you’ve said, but you’re overreacting. All I was doing was pointing out how good their side was on the weekend, despite missing four players that are arguably elite.

And they can certainly learn from their mistakes. They’ll never carry underdone players into big games again and as a team they will no doubt mature. They’ll get sick falling short and guys will start sacrificing their games for the greater good. Isn’t that exactly what we did? Why can’t they do it? I hope they don’t, because they still largely play as individuals and avoid the grind, but if they decide to pull their finger out they’ll worry me.

remember around 2016 so many people were panicking thinking GWS would win the next 10 flags lel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

remember around 2016 so many people were panicking thinking GWS would win the next 10 flags lel
I warned back then that FA would begin to bite when popular opinion was they had best list of all time , they have had to consistently shed players to keep their desired list together . They’re definitely a threat , still suspect at the mcg except when playing coll

GWS will be a force I reckon. Their finals series really impressed me. They were absolutely cooked by GF day - actually probably 3QT of the prelim - and ran into us who were white hot.

People questioned whether they could thrive when it got tough and contested in finals, and they ground out two consecutive tough interstate wins. A better run with injury and they can easily finish top 2 and set themselves for another September assault. They don’t seem as mentally fragile as the Crows, I don’t think they will be broken by the loss.

GWS will be a force I reckon. Their finals series really impressed me. They were absolutely cooked by GF day - actually probably 3QT of the prelim - and ran into us who were white hot.

People questioned whether they could thrive when it got tough and contested in finals, and they ground out two consecutive tough interstate wins. A better run with injury and they can easily finish top 2 and set themselves for another September assault. They don’t seem as mentally fragile as the Crows, I don’t think they will be broken by the loss.

spent the whole finals series copying norf's faux tough guy s**t. was pretty lame. they're lucky pies are s**t

I cant find the post where you claimed we were at full strength lel and GWS were missing a host of stars. Here is a few fun facts, we were not at full strength, we also had our guns play a max of low 70's game time. GWS on the other hand had all there gun players play nearly the full game. So if you seriously think come the real stuff we will play the same way, well it must be true that you have not seen us play since after the GF last year.

Thanks for the chuckle though lol

I cant find the post where you claimed we were at full strength lel and GWS were missing a host of stars. Here is a few fun facts, we were not at full strength, we also had our guns play a max of low 70's game time. GWS on the other hand had all there gun players play nearly the full game. So if you seriously think come the real stuff we will play the same way, well it must be true that you have not seen us play since after the GF last year.

Thanks for the chuckle though lol
I don’t recall saying that?

Cue the overreacting nuffys

Fair call. They have had a lot of injuries over the last few years, as have most teams. It would be good to see them at full strength though vs us also at full strength. Definitely would be a bunch of AAs running around with a high quality game. Will see hiw they go in Sept. I agree they will more than likely be top 4, and we will see again if they have learnt how to handle our finals pressure (hopefully at the G).

High quality practice game. You could tell GWS needed and wanted to win this due to wagga being there academy zone, that is shown in all there important players particularly in the midfield played a heck of a lot more minutes then our starting midfielders. Loved the fact we gave a lot of game time to our back 6 and our 2 key forwards, they looked rusty early but got better as the game went on.

I like Dow, he shows something, just needs to get games in the VFL but looks a player to me.

Cameron is a sniping dog, there is no ifs or buts. To many times as he accidentally hit a prone player and I personally have had enough of it. Watch the replay, you can see him look down at lambert, see where is head was and then in went the knee, it was not just one motion, it had intent.

It's a practice game so i dont care about the umpires but my god, they 100% got told by the afl to look after the home side, some of the blatant s**t that went on, not rewarded or paid was mind boggling.

After watching the blues, we should put them away, we are seriously in the zone as a side. When we want to kick into gear we do. Obviously we did not play our defensive game all game, i wonder if that was intentional because when we did, we looked so strong.

GWS will also be a contender this year.
I have a theory we wanted to give them nothing they can go away & study on in both games so mission accomplished there. We also matched them in a very strong area of thiers & a weak area of ours - contested ball. Bring on Rd 1 #gotiges!

I don’t get the slow’s on Broad. He’s a two time Premiership player, and not many opponents have danced on his head.
Because he doesn't get enough supercoach points I think.

It's a sad indictment on the footy public that people believe more possessions = better player.

I'd take 15 Dusty touches over 40 Mitchell / Neale touches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back