Conspiracy Theory Martin Bryant and Port Arthur - Conspiracy or Cheddar?

Remove this Banner Ad

No no stats , I totally made it up. But I am comfortable it is a very high ratio.

Maybe read this

At times, the threat is so intense it can cause a 'freeze' response. This could be interpreted as the brain being overwhelmed, or it may have evolved as a way of keeping still to hide from predators.

This is interesting

The fight or flight response (in its original form) is about survival. It's about hope. We activate it when we believe there's a chance we can outrun or outfight our attackers. The freeze response however, gets activated when's there's no hope.

You may indeed be working from this scenario

Lee suggests planning ahead before you are ever confronted by an active shooter. When you're in a public place identify potential exits, barricades or barriers to hide behind.

Lee says the only way you're going to avoid freezing during a potential dangerous situation is to think about it ahead of time.

Sunday afternoon Broad Arrow Café on sleepy Tasmanian soil. Nope I know I am not checking out exits or escape points.

Appreciate the effort to find these articles and information, I've already come across articles and evidence and posted it in this thread that not all people inside the cafe were standing still like sitting ducks.

Appreciate the effort to find these articles and information, I've already come across articles and evidence and posted it in this thread that not all people inside the cafe were standing still like sitting ducks.

so whats your point??? if people where not sitting ducks how does that prove anything

Trying to establish how accurate one can be when wielding an AR15 hip firing at moving targets at opposite ends of the room.

in a confined space with a highly powerful rifle i.e. multi kills with one bullet wouldnt take much practice to get hang of it..... go but a nerf gun and or supersoaker test out for yourself.

if it was a highly trained gunman as some CTers think, its highly doubtful someone like that would shoot from the hip it would go against every aspect of their training.

obviously a false flag, all the "hostages" were crisis actors, wake up sheeple.
Whats the idea behind the agenda for a false flag at the lindt cafe?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Whats the idea behind the agenda for a false flag at the lindt cafe?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Make Australians more paranoid about terrorists or make us wary of eating Swiss chocolate, whatever fits their agenda really.

Trying to establish how accurate one can be when wielding an AR15 hip firing at moving targets at opposite ends of the room.

You do realize the shooting in the cafe took approximately 15-30 seconds?

So close range in a small crowded room + high powered weapon + very short time = high body count

I mean come on, this isn't that hard to join the dots surely? At some point logic has to kick in

You do realize the shooting in the cafe took approximately 15-30 seconds?

So close range in a small crowded room + high powered weapon + very short time = high body count

I mean come on, this isn't that hard to join the dots surely? At some point logic has to kick in

Your logic tells you that it was probably, my logic, is telling that I find it improbable.

an-aerial-view-of-the-broad-arrow-cafe-at-the-port-arthur-historic-picture-id519674722

latest

tourists-visit-the-remains-of-the-broad-arrow-cafe-at-the-historic-picture-id519674718

the-shell-of-the-broad-arrow-cafe-is-seen-at-the-memorial-garden-of-picture-id522719602

As I look at these pictures, once we add obstacles that were inside the cafe at the time, my brain is telling me that a man with an IQ of 66, 'child like' in mind as described by psychiatrists, struggled to read, a man with no military training in handling a weapon, and a man who's only training was some shooting out in the woods, would struggle to be as accurate and deadly with an AR 15 at these ranges while firing at the hip, taking into account, recoil, moving objects (humans), and very limited training.

So yes, once we join the dots, and come to a conclusion, your's says, he did it, mine says, not very plausible.

in a confined space with a highly powerful rifle i.e. multi kills with one bullet wouldnt take much practice to get hang of it..... go but a nerf gun and or supersoaker test out for yourself.

if it was a highly trained gunman as some CTers think, its highly doubtful someone like that would shoot from the hip it would go against every aspect of their training.

I've handled guns before, I've been hunting, admittedly I haven't used an AR, I can tell you first hand that any sort of gun that does not have the proper equipment attached to it has a ridiculous amount of recoil.

Take note of the recoil after tapping only a few times, it moves violently on a upward trajectory.

As I look at these pictures, once we add obstacles that were inside the cafe at the time, my brain is telling me that a man with an IQ of 66, 'child like' in mind as described by psychiatrists, struggled to read, a man with no military training in handling a weapon, and a man who's only training was some shooting out in the woods, would struggle to be as accurate and deadly with an AR 15 at these ranges while firing at the hip, taking into account, recoil, moving objects (humans), and very limited training.

So yes, once we join the dots, and come to a conclusion, your's says, he did it, mine says, not very plausible.

You don't need a high IQ to fire a gun and shoot accurately, all you need is hand eye co-ordination and the two are not related. In any case this same 'expert marksman' had his accuracy drop dramatically when he left the cafe and tried to hit people who weren't confined by a small room and had the ability to run.

Explain how if he was a highly trained military personnel he could have such different outcomes? No conspiracy theorist is yet to tackle or try to explain this, maybe you can.

And if you want a good account of how assault rifles work, have a look at Malifice 's posts in this thread, as he has extensive experience with them and other weapons having served in the Australian army.

Your logic tells you that it was probably, my logic, is telling that I find it improbable.

Follow the guns. Could he access an AR-15. Where did he get an AR-15? Did he take it out in the woods and practice with it?

Your 2nd picture is telling. Those people are spread out but still within the limit and range of multiple shots.

Also please stop with the '' IQ 66 , childlike , struggled to read.'' Not one of those would stop someone with an automatic weapon from firing it. What should be assessed is his psychopathy , his ability to switch off an emotional barrier - which ironically someone with limited intelligence is able to do easier than someone with more intelligence.

So once we join the dots we have my conclusion and yours. Which is plausible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't need a high IQ to fire a gun and shoot accurately, all you need is hand eye co-ordination and the two are not related. In any case this same 'expert marksman' had his accuracy drop dramatically when he left the cafe and tried to hit people who weren't confined by a small room and had the ability to run.

No you don't need a high IQ, but when you take into account the deadly accuracy achieved that faithful day, using only 1 clip, not missing any targets, one becomes a bit sceptical that your every day person could achieve something that only the highest of military trained personnel could.

Explain how if he was a highly trained military personnel he could have such different outcomes? No conspiracy theorist is yet to tackle or try to explain this, maybe you can.

I'm still going over a lot of documents that are available to us, I've yet to read much as to what happened at the cottage, but when I do I will come back with a more informed opinion, until that time however this excerpt from the wiki page.

The only two police officers stationed on the peninsula (at Nubeena and Dunalley) were attending a fake emergency call at Saltwater River when they received a radio message at 1:32 p.m. to attend Port Arthur and be on the look out for a yellow Volvo. They headed to Port Arthur in different cars and taking different routes. On the way, they were informed to look for a BMW and eventually they were informed of people at the Fox and Hound who had been shot.

One police officer then drove down the road past Seascape and past the disabled car of Linda White. He looked at it for a moment and continued down to the Fox and Hound. After he informed his partner, they proceeded back to Seascape. At about 2:00 p.m., they were back at Seascape and could see the BMW on fire. At some point, they were fired upon, and eventually had to hide in a ditch at the side of the road. Bryant fired at them whenever they tried to escape, and they were not able to move from that position for many hours.

At around 2:10 p.m., Bryant received a call from a woman from the ABC who had been ringing local businesses randomly trying to receive information about what was occurring. Bryant informed her his name was Jamie, and when she asked what was happening he replied "Lots of fun". Bryant then told her that if she phoned him again, he would shoot Glenn Pears.

At about 3:00 p.m., shortly after forcing the police officers to take cover in the ditch, Bryant rang the local police station. The girlfriend of one of the police officers answered the phone. Bryant asked who she was and if she knew where her husband was. He again called himself Jamie. He asked if she knew whether or not her husband was okay, and when she did not answer, Bryant then told her he was okay and that he knew where her husband was.

Around 9:00 p.m. the Tasmania Police, Special Operations Unit had arrived and were eventually able to assist in extracting the policemen from the ditch to safety under cover of darkness, riot shields and bulletproof jackets. They did not provide cover fire for fear of hitting hostages.

An 18-hour standoff ensued during which time the police talked over the phone to Bryant, still calling himself Jamie. He requested a helicopter, saying that he wanted to be flown to a plane and then onto Adelaide, South Australia. He said that if the helicopter arrived, he would release Pears and only keep Noelene Martin. Bryant could see the movements of SOG officers, and continually demanded their retreat each time they began to approach the house. As he appeared to have excellent awareness of the events unfurling around him, despite the pitch black of night, the police believed he had some kind of visual aid device; none was ever found, however. A man was spotted on the roof of an adjacent building at one point, believed to be Bryant. Later in the night, the cordless phone Bryant was using began to run low on batteries. Police tried unsuccessfully to get him to return the phone to the charger, but it went dead and there were no further communications.

The bits I find extremely odd are as highlighted.

He sure prepared very well for the siege to be carrying some sort of NVGs around with him.

And if you want a good account of how assault rifles work, have a look at Malifice 's posts in this thread, as he has extensive experience with them and other weapons having served in the Australian army.

I've read a lot of what Malifice has to say on the topic, I find it extremely hard to believe that he would not have any sort of doubt, or scepticism about the deadly accuracy as to which he was shooting inside that cafe, especially when the facts are that the person was hipfiring and shooting at moving and still targets. I find it hard to believe that even he, with military training could repeat such an effort with such accuracy.

Follow the guns. Could he access an AR-15. Where did he get an AR-15? Did he take it out in the woods and practice with it?

I've already stated that anybody can shoot a gun, however, the efficacy at which the shooter shot at on that faithful day is something that has to be questioned and only a handful of highly trained military personnel could replicate.

Your 2nd picture is telling. Those people are spread out but still within the limit and range of multiple shots.

Yes, but to be hip firing, at moving targets at some distance, with a weapon that has a kickback, to used with such efficacy does not add up.

Also please stop with the '' IQ 66 , childlike , struggled to read.'' Not one of those would stop someone with an automatic weapon from firing it. What should be assessed is his psychopathy , his ability to switch off an emotional barrier - which ironically someone with limited intelligence is able to do easier than someone with more intelligence.

I never said it would affect his ability to fire the weapon, I'm arguing as to which the efficacy and accuracy with said weapon.

So once we join the dots we have my conclusion and yours. Which is plausible?

My dots are leading me to a different path, which is fine, it's simply my opinion and you and many others hold different opinions, which is again fine,

Yes, but to be hip firing, at moving targets at some distance, with a weapon that has a kickback, to used with such efficacy does not add up.

What distance? You make it sound like the Broadarrow was the size of a football stadium.

At most he was shooting at people 1-2, metres away from him initially in the cafe over a 15-30 second span. He then went into the gift shop area where people were trapped because one of the doors were locked and he pretty much executed people at close range, this was over a period of about 120 seconds. This is where he got the high kill rate from, he went from shooting people in a small area in a short period to another room where they couldn't escape from.

When he exited Broadarrow his accuracy dropped significantly, that's no coincidence. If it was a trained military marksman there would be no drop in his kill rate, yet there was (ie the gun man wasn't this super commando he's made out to be).

For comparison go look up Colombine and where they achieved their highest kill rate (the trapped students cowering in the library). But then of course there are conspiracy theorists who believe that was a false flag as well, so go figure.

Last edited:
No you don't need a high IQ, but when you take into account the deadly accuracy achieved that faithful day, using only 1 clip, not missing any targets, one becomes a bit sceptical that your every day person could achieve something that only the highest of military trained personnel could.

You ever fired an AR-15 or a M-16?

Theyre pop guns mate. Recoil is negligble and you have to try to miss at the ranges we're talking about here.

Another hick firing 60 rounds inside of 15 seconds:

Place a few dozen people in front of him and they'd be dead before they got ten steps.

Here is a pro:

He's nailing head shot targets with rapid fire at 25-50 yards. This requires a bit more skill, but given enough rounds and enough confidence, you could get an untrained person pulling this off pretty easy.

You're acting like what he did requires some kind of freakish skill. You're wrong and you dont understand these weapons.

You dont need any special marksmanship skill to accurately employ rapid fire of a semi automatic rifle at these ranges. The recoil is negligble for any grown man of even below average strength. Basic weapon handling is all you need at these kinds of ranges.

All you need to do what Bryant did is basic weapon handling (know how to competently operate the weapon), a total lack of empathy and a s**t load of anger. And he had both of these qualities in spades. Marksmanship or a steady hand doesnt enter into it at these ranges.

You just need to be prepared to kill. And kill. And kill. And kill. And kill, kill kill. Without thinking. s**t; being a dullard probably helped him.

Most of those people would be dead before they knew what the heck was going on. The others were pensioners who basically sat there cowering, pleading for their lives or simply froze. The few who did get up and run out of the cafe generally made it out.

I've read a lot of what Malifice has to say on the topic, I find it extremely hard to believe that he would not have any sort of doubt, or scepticism about the deadly accuracy as to which he was shooting inside that cafe, especially when the facts are that the person was hipfiring and shooting at moving and still targets. I find it hard to believe that even he, with military training could repeat such an effort with such accuracy.

Mate if you want, we can meet up and you can film me emptying 30 rounds from a semi auto paintball gun into you at ranges of a few meters, all within 10 seconds.

And that's with a wildly innacurate paintball gun and not an AR15, and with you expecting it, and with you standing up.

Last edited:
An SLR was used too IIRC? Was there a breakdown of how many people were killed by each gun?

He left the SLR in his car. Too big to fit in the duffel bag probably (unlike the Colt AR carbine). They're very long guns (I've fired them a few times).

He switched weapons after the cafe and bookshop killings. He went outside and shot at a few groups near the bus parking area, then went back to his car, got out the FN, and returned to the buses. He attempted a few long range shots with the FN. His longest range shot with the Colt was 50 meters (he missed), and most of the people he killed with the Colt were at ranges of under a meter.

He was nowhere near as accurate once he switched rifles - he still only managed to hit mainly cowering targets at point blank range.

He had killed 22 with the carbine by the time he switched rifles, and had wounded 16 others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)#Broad_Arrow_Caf.C3.A9_murders

AR-15 was used inside Broadarrow, he switched to the SLR when he was outside.

He also reloaded whilst inside Broadarrow, something the conspiracy theorists get wrong constantly.
I've fired both the AR-15 and the SLR. The AR-15 is a plastic assault rifle that any moron can use at close range - that's it's purpose.
The SLR on the other hand is a serious weapon that launches a solid slug a good distance but that can still kill at long range- but it has a decent kick to it.

Have asked this a few times and no one has answered, IF it was a highly trained assassin that did the shooting, why was he "firing from the hip" it would go against every aspect of his training, even if it was shooting fish in a barrel. And where is the evidence that he was firing from the hip, bedside eye witness because we've esablished that's 50:50 at best...

Also if it wasn't MB who was it, was he set up to be the patsy from the start, or just blind luck convenience for the conspirators to use as the fall guy.

You ever fired an AR-15 or a M-16?

Theyre pop guns mate. Recoil is negligble and you have to try to miss at the ranges we're talking about here.

Another hick firing 60 rounds inside of 15 seconds:

Place a few dozen people in front of him and they'd be dead before they got ten steps.

Here is a pro:

He's nailing head shot targets with rapid fire at 25-50 yards. This requires a bit more skill, but given enough rounds and enough confidence, you could get an untrained person pulling this off pretty easy.

And here is where the problem is, MB was supposedly hipfiring inside the cafe, not ADS, massive difference, and one little piece of information that you quite happily ignore.

You're acting like what he did requires some kind of freakish skill. You're wrong and you dont understand these weapons.

I do understand those weapons, but even you can admit that there is a massive difference when hip firing and ADS

You dont need any special marksmanship skill to accurately employ rapid fire of a semi automatic rifle at these ranges. The recoil is negligble for any grown man of even below average strength. Basic weapon handling is all you need at these kinds of ranges.

I posted a video earlier, of a grown man, shooting an AR 15 by the hip, I suggest you take a look at the recoil differences and then come back and say that the recoil is negligible.

All you need to do what Bryant did is basic weapon handling (know how to competently operate the weapon), a total lack of empathy and a s**t load of anger. And he had both of these qualities in spades. Marksmanship or a steady hand doesnt enter into it at these ranges.

You just need to be prepared to kill. And kill. And kill. And kill. And kill, kill kill. Without thinking. s**t; being a dullard probably helped him.

Most of those people would be dead before they knew what the heck was going on. The others were pensioners who basically sat there cowering, pleading for their lives or simply frooze. The few who did get up and run out of the cafe generally made it out.

Mate if you want, we can meet up and you can film me emptying 30 rounds from a semi auto paintball gun into you at ranges of a few meters, all within 10 seconds.

And that's with a wildly innacurate paintball gun and not an AR15, and with you expecting it, and with you standing up.

Interesting idea, maybe someone could try to re create what happened using a paintball gun with still and moving targets (not everyone was under a table or frozen), would love to see your accuracy also hip firing a weapon as opposed to ADS having the butt of the gun tucked into your shoulder to counter the recoil.

And here is where the problem is, MB was supposedly hipfiring inside the cafe, not ADS, massive difference, and one little piece of information that you quite happily ignore.

Firstly there is zero evidence that he fired all shots from the hip. No-one was watching him, and shock can do funny things to do to a persons recall for the many witnesses that did see what happened. The evidence is that he certainly fired some shots from the hip (ballistics and the angle and trajectory of the round).

Secondly the shots he did fire from the hip were at surprised and stationary targets targets either seated or cowering, at point blank range, tightly packed together in a small cafe, and initially most of the victims had backs to him.

In order:
  • Bryant took aim from his hip and pointed his rifle at Moh Yee (William) Ng and Sou Leng Chung, who were at a table beside Bryant. He shot them at close range, killing both instantly. (surprised and unaware targets adjacent to him at close range)
  • Bryant then fired a shot at Mick Sargent, grazing his scalp and knocking him to the floor. (surprised target, point blank range, missed)
  • He fired a fourth shot that killed Sargent's girlfriend, 21-year-old Kate Elizabeth Scott, by hitting her in the back of the head. (Point blank range, surprised target, back of the head)
  • 28-year-old Jason Winter, had been helping the busy café staff. As Bryant turned towards Winter's wife Joanne and their 15-month-old son Mitchell, Winter threw a serving tray at Bryant in an attempt to distract him. Joanne Winter's father pushed his daughter and grandson to the floor and under the table. (Not shot at, likely due to being moving targets)
  • 44-year-old Anthony Nightingale stood up after the sound of the first shots, but had no time to move. Nightingale yelled "No, not here!" as Bryant pointed the weapon at him. As Nightingale leaned forward, he was fatally shot through the neck and spine. (point blank range, cowering target, round missed his head only because he managed to stand up, hitting spine/neck instead)
  • The next table had held a group of ten friends, but some had just left the table to return their meal trays and visit the gift shop. Bryant fired one shot that killed Kevin Vincent Sharp, 68. The second hit Walter Bennett, passed through his body and struck Raymond John Sharp, 67, Kevin Sharp's brother, killing both. The three had their backs towards Bryant, and were unaware what was happening. They at first believed someone was letting off firecrackers. One of them made the comment "That's not funny" after hearing the first few shots, not realising that they were real. The shots were all close range, with the gun at, or just inches away from, the back of their heads. Gerald Broome, Gaye Fidler and her husband John, were all struck by bullet fragments, but survived. (Seated pensioners, in shock, at point blank range, with backs to him and guns pressed against their heads or close enough. Seated across from each other so that 2 shots killed three people).
  • Bryant then turned towards Tony and Sarah Kistan and Andrew Mills. Both men stood up at the noise of the initial shots, but had no time to move away. Andrew Mills was shot in the head. Tony Kistan was also shot from about two metres away, also in the head, but had managed to push his wife away prior to being shot. Sarah Kistan was apparently not seen by Bryant, as she was under the table by that time. (Two kills from two shots from a range of 2 meters - its likely that Bryant has raised the weapon into his shoulder at this point as people are realising what is going on and are standing up)
  • Thelma Walker and Pamela Law were injured by fragments before being dragged to the ground by their friend, Peter Crosswell, as the three sheltered underneath the table. Also injured by fragments from these shots was Patricia Barker.
  • It was only then that the majority of the people in the café began to realise what was happening and that the shots were not from a reenactment. At this point, there was great confusion, with many people not knowing what to do, as Bryant was near the main exit.
  • Bryant moved just a few metres and began shooting at the table where Graham Colyer, Carolyn Loughton and her daughter Sarah were seated. Colyer was injured in the jaw, nearly choking to death on his own blood. Sarah Loughton ran towards her mother, who had been moving between tables. Carolyn Loughton threw herself on top of her daughter. Bryant shot Carolyn Loughton in the back; her eardrum was ruptured by the muzzle blast from the gun going off beside her ear. She survived her injuries, but learned after she came out of surgery that, despite her efforts, Sarah had been fatally shot in the head. (All three victims were seated, Carolyn was shot in the back from a range so close that her eardrum ruptured from the muzzle blast as she shielded her daughter).
  • Bryant pivoted around and shot Mervyn Howard who was seated. The bullet passed through him, through a window of the café, and hit a table on the outside balcony. Bryant quickly followed up with a shot to the neck of Mervyn Howard's wife, Mary. Bryant then leaned over a vacant baby stroller and pointed the gun at her head and shot her a second time. Both of the Howards' injuries were fatal. Several people outside then realised there was real danger and began to run away.(Point blank rage, seated targets, took time to aim at an already wounded victim to ensure a follow up headshot)
  • Bryant was near the exit, preventing others from attempting to run past him and escape. Bryant moved across the cafe towards the gift shop area. There was an exit door through the display area to the outside balcony, but it was locked and could only be opened with a key. As Bryant moved, Robert Elliott stood up. He was shot in the arm and head, left slumping against the fireplace but alive.
All of these events, from the first bullet that killed Ng, took approximately 15–30 seconds, during which twelve people were killed.

Notice how Bryant only obtains headshots against seated or cowering targets with all of the shots taken at ranges between point blank/ touching to no more than 2 meters? He gets 'lucky' and kills two people with one shot (the two were seated opposite each other, and seated).

Bryant managed to kill 12 people in 15-30 seconds in a crowded and cramped cafe. All of the people killed were initially seated, and all of them were cowering or totally unaware of what was going on, and many had their backs to him.

I do understand those weapons, but even you can admit that there is a massive difference when hip firing and ADS

Not at these ranges there isnt mate. We're talking between point blank to 2 meter ranges here, hipfiring and hitting seated targets in the back of the head.

If I walked up behind you seated at your desk out there, with a rifle extended from my hip, where is the barrel going to naturally point?

I posted a video earlier, of a grown man, shooting an AR 15 by the hip, I suggest you take a look at the recoil differences and then come back and say that the recoil is negligible.

Its negligible. Its a .223/5.56mm round mate. Ive fired enough 5.56mm rounds in my time to know what the recoil is like. M4 Carbines (pretty much identical to the AR15 carbine Bryant used), Steyrs and Minimi machine guns.

It doesnt take training to do what Bryant did. Just anger and a total lack of empathy.

Interesting idea, maybe someone could try to re create what happened using a paintball gun with still and moving targets (not everyone was under a table or frozen), would love to see your accuracy also hip firing a weapon as opposed to ADS having the butt of the gun tucked into your shoulder to counter the recoil.

The only victims that 'moved' during the cafe shootings were three dudes that stood up (with one of them only standing in order to beg him to stop), and another girl who raced to her mother (who then shielded her with her own body, allowing Bryant to shoot both at point blank range).

Most of the victims were seated, with backs to him and totally in shock (or denial) about what was happening. He shot most of them at point blank range with the muzzle not more than 2 meters away, and in many cases within a few inches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back