Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If I were judging them on their RPG elements then I have one in front of two, but in every other regard I have two in front of one. Three always comes in just behind. However I consider the trilogy as a whole now as these days you don’t play any of them without playing all of them. That’s where Andromeda falls short. It’s no where near the epic space opera that was the trilogy. Andromeda doesn’t come close to matching the lore and the characters that were developed. However as an actual video game I maintain that Andromeda isn’t bad, it’s just not as good. Unfortunately Andromeda carries the Mass Effect title and that’s how it has to be judged.

If I were judging them on their RPG elements then I have one in front of two, but in every other regard I have two in front of one. Three always comes in just behind. However I consider the trilogy as a whole now as these days you don’t play any of them without playing all of them. That’s where Andromeda falls short. It’s no where near the epic space opera that was the trilogy. Andromeda doesn’t come close to matching the lore and the characters that were developed. However as an actual video game I maintain that Andromeda isn’t bad, it’s just not as good. Unfortunately Andromeda carries the Mass Effect title and that’s how it has to be judged.
I never played the first 3. So Andromeda was my first foray into Mass Effect. To me MEA was the type of game that I was hoping No Mans Sky would be like.

Jesus ****.

In what world is this a 5/10?

At the very least, it's a 7. Good game play, graphics, music, length, replayability...

Sent from mTalk

I detest the writing in this game. It did nothing to hold my interest, they randomly crammed in humour for little reason at every turn which more often than not was cringey, and I found all of the characters bland and lacking depth which is a problem in an RPG.

I played the game to like 96% completion solely because I am a completionist and I wouldn't be able to tell you very much about the plot at all from memory. Incredibly forgettable, which is the definition of a 5/10 for me.

I'm not one who is a fan of the negative circlejerk either, I just didn't like the game so can't really defend it.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
That's all true, but with video games, I think good mechanics is more prominent than the plot and writing. It's a game. You play it first, listen to it second. Some of the window dressing elements were very good too, ie the music.

I can basically recall the plot. It's Total Recall with Stargate Atlantis.

Sent from mTalk

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I'm sorry but it's nowhere near ME 2 or 3

**** me.

7/10 game every day of the week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is that on the classic 7 to 10 scale? Or using an actual 1 to 10 scale?

Just started this as my first ME game, seems pretty good. A bit of Outer Worlds about it

Not a bad jumping in point, TBH. You won't have memories of the original trilogy to cloud your judgement of the game.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
It's a fine game with some real good parts and dialogue, but it just lacks the epic scale and characters of the trilogy.

Better rootin' but.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Keen to see if they can tie Andromeda back into the new ME, even if just through some of the NPCs and side quests.

Should be possible if there is a big enough time jump from ME3 yeah?

Asari live a thousand years so Liara can still be a prominent character.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Keen to see if they can tie Andromeda back into the new ME, even if just through some of the NPCs and side quests.

Should be possible if there is a big enough time jump from ME3 yeah?

Asari live a thousand years so Liara can still be a prominent character.

600 years to Andromeda and assuming 600 years back. That would be a massive reach lol

It depends what ending from the trilogy they decide is cannon. Personally, I always go synthesis and if they choose that as the cannon ending, then they could in theory make it so all species live longer by a fair margin. Becoming part synthetic and having 600+ years of scientific and medical advancement could easily see Asari living past the 1000 year mark.

The ship in andromeda left between ME1 and 2 didn’t it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep. They knew about the attack on the Citadel by Sovereign but not anything after that. The only one/s who knew more were Ryder and Ryder Senior through the messages sent by Liara.

Back