Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a bad game, it's not a good game. It's just a game.

I cared enough to finish it, haven't cared at all to play it a second time.

This is $32 in Big W
Worth it if i enjoyed the original trilogy?

Absolutely. Despite some flaws Andromeda is still a Mass Effect game through and through.

Plenty of patches have fixed up bugs and graphical downfalls. The pacing of the story is kind of off but there's still plenty of good story beats and interesting characters if you persist.

At a pure dollars to gameplay hours rato that's a massive bargain too.

I've finally gotten around playing this and I got to say I'm enjoying it a lot! It reminds me a lot of the Original Mass Effect with it's RPG elements.
The story has me engaged atm which is just what you want in a game. The game play mechanics are fun and the jet back is a cool addition to the series.
Character building is a little on the Meh side through.
Yeah the Human facial animations ain't the best (seen worse) and the dialogue can be a bit cheesy. But overall the graphics, audio and score are superb.
I was hesitant to play after the mixed feedback the game received but I just couldn't pass on another Mass effect experience.
I brought the game for $35 well worth it! :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Loved ME 2 and 3 but this one lost me after 10 minutes

Brought the game day 1 and honestly had little to no issues. Have had more issues with RDR2 and I'm a week late on that.

Love ME:A. Gets an extremely bad rep. Deserves to be part of the franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still yet to play this. What is the hate for it all about ?

Some people had more glitches than usual? Like, that's 90% of the hate directed at it. What other things don't people like about it? Yet to see some reasonable negative criticism.

I think it was a great entry to the Mass Effect series.

Some people had more glitches than usual? Like, that's 90% of the hate directed at it. What other things don't people like about it? Yet to see some reasonable negative criticism.

I think it was a great entry to the Mass Effect series.

Fair enough. Loved the originals so much i replayed them all the get all the achievements but have never got around to even playing this one!

Still yet to play this. What is the hate for it all about ?

The game had a rather rough development. The project got rebooted a couple times and it initially lacked considerable polish at launch. There are some pretty funny videos of dodgy animations and stuff. Most of which has been fixed since.

Then there is the case of one of the leads on the project named Manveer Heir. I’ll let you google him to see for yourself, but he was responsible for trying to unabashedly crow bar in political ideologies of the social kind and the game suffered because of it. Thankfully BioWare gave him the arse.

My biggest criticism of the game is that it was just utterly forgettable. Little over a year since I played it and I remember nothing about it. Hard to believe with such a rich universe to draw from that they dished up such bland characters/story. Mechanically it was fine, just a solid 7/10 which is not what people expected from a Mass Effect game.

really enjoying it atm, i never played the prev games but at times I have that Final fantasy feel with all the getting to know people and questions. out in the field its almost has a Star Trek feel to it I dont know why so many people knock it.

Because they have all played the original trilogy and base the standard of this against those which doesn't come close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back