Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

Never played a Mass Effect before, but 10 hours in I am loving this game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When you're done with it see if you can go back through the original trilogy. ME1 feels a little dated now but 2 and 3 hold up and entirely worth it.

As for myself and Andromeda, kind of bummed I didn't get on at launch just for the multiplayer. Struggling to find gold games and when I do they're really laggy. So unfortunately I'm going to have to plan for an insanity run some time in the future as it's going to be the only trophy I'm missing. Currently on final mission and kind of relieved as this game has burned me out.

Yeah play through 1-3 if you get the chance.

If you are able/willing to get DLC:

Mass Effect 2: 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' is essential imo, 'Kasumi - Stolen Memory', 'Zaeed - The Price of Revenge' and 'Arrival' is recommended for extra story beats.

Mass Effect 3: 'Leviathan' and 'From Ashes' are essential (I think it's a joke that they're not part of the base game). 'Citadel' is really fun but shouldn't be played until after you beat the trilogy.

Current playing Dragon Age Origins for the first time and finding that not dated at all, so ME1 could hold up ok?

Sent from mTalk

Current playing Dragon Age Origins for the first time and finding that not dated at all, so ME1 could hold up ok?

Sent from mTalk

Mass Effect 1 was considered dated when it was released, back in 2007.

The problem with Mass Effect 1 is that it's more an RPG than a shooter, but the combat makes it seem like it's a straight third-person shooter.

Mass Effect 2 fixes this by making the combat far more fluid and making levels more direct.

Now as someone that normally hates moves like this, it definitely suited Mass Effect, I still love 1 but even I admit the combat at times is just very frustrating.

*I played through Mass Effect 1 very recently, it holds up very well apart from the combat which still isn't awful if you approach it from a more RPG like mindset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass Effect 2: 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' is essential imo, 'Kasumi - Stolen Memory', 'Zaeed - The Price of Revenge' and 'Arrival' is recommended for extra story beats.

Mass Effect 3: 'Leviathan' and 'From Ashes' are essential (I think it's a joke that they're not part of the base game). 'Citadel' is really fun but shouldn't be played until after you beat the trilogy.

Really liked 'Overlord' DLC in ME2 as well.

And bring your tissues.

Wow. About 12 odd hours in and this game just keeps getting better. There are so many places to explore.

This is the game i expected no man's sky to be like.

Can't believe it has taken me so long to get into the series

Wow. About 12 odd hours in and this game just keeps getting better. There are so many places to explore.

This is the game i expected no man's sky to be like.

Can't believe it has taken me so long to get into the series

Refreshing take

Also I forgot 'Extended Cut' is essential too, but that's free.

I conceded that I would need a second play through on insanity for platinum given the multiplayer isn't that populated anymore. Then tonight I was levelling up my krogan engineer (after resetting my previous level 20 thinking it would 'prestige') playing silver and bronze until I hit ready on a game in progress without realising it was on gold. Luck would have it that it was a group of geared Aussies on mics grinding credits for the limited time chest that had no issues carrying my scrub character through. 5/5 extractions, platinum obtained so now I can finally shelve this game. Very handy considering the games just around the corner and that trophy was bugging me.

This is $32 in Big W
Worth it if i enjoyed the original trilogy?

Yes. I enjoyed it for the most part and thought some of the criticism went a bit over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back