Matador BBQs One-Day Cup 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

true about tassie born players,
Mr Bailey and jimmy Faulkner missing from the team
Hilfy and luke Butterworth retired
I went to AGM monday nite, tassie cricket is in a transition period with, new younger local players are not quite there
with a population of 500,000 the little island with a big heart still punches above its weight !!!!!!!!:drunk:

No problems - I actually was wondering about the breakdown. Couldn't remember where a couple of people had come from. Thanks!

Commonwealth Bank Bushrangers Matador BBQs One-Day squad
Peter Handscomb (C)
Fawad Ahmed
Aaron Ayre
Michael Beer
Dan Christian
Jackson Coleman
Matt Doric
Marcus Harris
Ian Holland
Jon Holland
Glenn Maxwell
Rob Quiney
Marcus Stoinis
Cameron White

Commonwealth Bank Bushrangers Matador BBQs One-Day squad
Peter Handscomb (C)
Fawad Ahmed
Aaron Ayre
Michael Beer
Dan Christian
Jackson Coleman
Matt Doric
Marcus Harris
Ian Holland
Jon Holland
Glenn Maxwell
Rob Quiney
Marcus Stoinis
Cameron White

Vics have gone light in the pace bowling department. Relying a fair bit on their younger players in Doric and Coleman.

Tassie squad:

Tim Paine (c)
Xavier Doherty (vc)
Ben Dunk
Dominic Michael
Alex Doolan
Jake Doran
Ben McDermott
Beau Webster
Simon Milenko
Hamish Kingston
Cameron Stevenson
Jackson Bird
Andrew Fekete
Cameron Boyce

How many players from Tas in there? Paine, Doherty, Doolan, Webster, Kingston - that it?

You would think Tassie would line up something like

Webster
Paine
Dunk
Doolan
Doran
McDermott
Milenko
Doherty/Boyce/Stevenson
Fekete
Kingston
Bird

Pretty ordinary line up with not much depth, I would've left out Doherty and given Boyce a chance to assert himself in the team. Interested that a lot of the new additions like Perrin and Murfet didn't get a gig. AND DOM MICHAEL IS STILL THERE :mad::mad:

Half the players in each squads are all grade cricketers at best.

Can make it more interesting though I reckon. NSW and Queensland look to be the strongest squads. Can't believe Michael Beer is getting a gig, seems as though Muirhead will never get back in the frame.

Can make it more interesting though I reckon. NSW and Queensland look to be the strongest squads. Can't believe Michael Beer is getting a gig, seems as though Muirhead will never get back in the frame.

Are you actually serious? Have you watched any short form domestic cricket of late? Or stuck in some blinkered mindset from a panicked test selection over half a decade ago?

Are you actually serious? Have you watched any short form domestic cricket of late? Or stuck in some blinkered mindset from a panicked test selection over half a decade ago?

Wrong wording on my behalf. Yes he is very reliable and has a good short form record, I am just surprised that Victoria selected him in a 15 man squad when they also have Holland, Ahmed and Maxwell.

Wrong wording on my behalf. Yes he is very reliable and has a good short form record, I am just surprised that Victoria selected him in a 15 man squad when they also have Holland, Ahmed and Maxwell.

When you're missing Pattinson, Siddle, Hastings, Tremain and Boland; I'm not sure they had a choice.

Suppose they could've gone with Tom O'Donnell.

Yeah that's a fairer assessment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket Australia XI: William Bosisto (c, WA), Matthew Short (vc, Vic), James Bazley (Qld), Jake Carder (WA), Ryan Gibson (NSW), David Grant (SA), Sam Grimwade (Vic), Sam Harper (Vic), Liam Hatcher (NSW), Josh Inglis (WA), Ryan Lees (Tas), Arjun Nair (NSW), Thomas O'Donnell (Vic), Jhye Richardson (WA). Coach: Brad Hodge.

the vegan cup
i cannot find the media for it
can someone nice find and post link to the games that will be telecast
i think tassie only gets 2 games (excludes finals)
( i was told that CA pays up to a million for them to be broadcast)

Might head down to the first WA game at the WACA, given it's not televised.

Free to get into these? Couldn't see anything to do with pricing online.

Would have been good to not have any international games to allow for stronger squads.

The AFL season lasting longer leads to delays in the pitch for the MCG so its not ready for cricket in october. '

And your other home ground in Alice Springs is s**t
Won a shield there I think, and won a shield in Hobart. Great ground the Springs. Just proves the mighty Big VVVVVVVVVV can win anywhere we want. We'll play on that 1970's WACA ground and win, or Nth Sydney, or Drummoyne. Alan Border field. Go you Vics.

Won a shield there I think, and won a shield in Hobart. Great ground the Springs. Just proves the mighty Big VVVVVVVVVV can win anywhere we want. We'll play on that 1970's WACA ground and win, or Nth Sydney, or Drummoyne. Alan Border field. Go you Vics.

When your players play their whole careers outside their homestate after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back