Marsh Cup Final 2022/23- WA v SA 12:05PM (AWST) @ WACA Ground

Who will win the Final of the Marsh Cup 2022/23?

• Western Australia

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • South Australia

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

where's Kane richardson?
Surely he would have been handy today

He's a Qlder these days. The bowling attack we put out today was actually not too bad but we were just outclassed by a quality side (and dropped some absolute sodas).
didn't realise he left. He's a star but interesting SA lose another quality player a few years after they lost Zampa. Game would have been a lot close had SA had Carey/Head but as mentioned above WA lacking a few more too.

Random question. But this thread seems to be running hot - how much do state contracted players earn per year? Eg. someone like a Cameron Gannon
The minimum retainer for a domestic Mens contract was about $75k last season. You get match payments on top of that. The average retainer for a domestic player playing for their state and in the BBL was $198k last season.

From these

He's a Qlder these days. The bowling attack we put out today was actually not too bad but we were just outclassed by a quality side (and dropped some absolute sodas).
Hunt dropped a sitter off inglis and that was the turning point of the game

Feel sorry for Hunt has had a average year with the blade...has not kicked on like I thought he would.

Hunt dropped a sitter off inglis and that was the turning point of the game

Feel sorry for Hunt has had a average year with the blade...has not kicked on like I thought he would.

He hasn’t kicked on but it’s not a cause for concern, that’s Cricket really, can never get too far ahead of yourself. Can’t imagine it’s easy as a player being talked up for test selection the minute after you make a couple of scores. Still think he’s a quality player.

He hasn’t kicked on but it’s not a cause for concern, that’s Cricket really, can never get too far ahead of yourself. Can’t imagine it’s easy as a player being talked up for test selection the minute after you make a couple of scores. Still think he’s a quality player.
Going up from Grade is a huge step, players can start off well, then bowlers figure out their game a bit.
The challenge is to adjust, improve your game and use the experience.

It was only numpties talking up Hunt at this stage, same with Street.

Going up from Grade is a huge step, players can start off well, then bowlers figure out their game a bit.
The challenge is to adjust, improve your game and use the experience.

It was only numpties talking up Hunt at this stage, same with Street.
He's either gun or a spud m8. You must pick which he is and stick to it.

I’ve noticed this alot with the WA lads. Reckon a lot of the ones playing for Aus or have been in the side have always had a break out year and then have an average year to follow it up. Hardie had an excellent BBl but his season in other forms of cricket have been average this year

It was a pleasure to watch WA on Wednesday. Bloody brilliant. Fear not South Australian fans, it wasn't that long ago when we (WA) couldn't beat an egg or challenge a title, so I'm sure Dizzy is presiding over stregnthening of your cricket program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a pleasure to watch WA on Wednesday. Bloody brilliant. Fear not South Australian fans, it wasn't that long ago when we (WA) couldn't beat an egg or challenge a title, so I'm sure Dizzy is presiding over stregnthening of your cricket program.
SA have some decent cricket fans in this section.
I don’t mind reading some of the stuff they say.

Back