Shield Round 1: WA vs Vic, WACA, 4-7 October

Remove this Banner Ad

with the talent around the state we still pick merlo at 5 in the long form which is mind blowing. plus suth is never going to be a long form all rounder just end it and bat him at 7 or behind the keeper he will avg 20 which is fine imo.

Last edited:
A run out when you're battling for a draw and spend all day blocking everything. Nice way for them repay Mitch Perry after he fought so hard to save it.

I said it six months ago, it's time to merge the Vic and SA teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding team effort by the WA boys. Good spread of wickets over both innings, by the bowlers. Voges must be pinching himself at the depth of this WA squad at his disposal. WA cricket certainly enjoying a rich vein of success.

I said it six months ago, it's time to merge the Vic and SA teams.
Imagine how bad everyone else is given we finished second two years in a row whilst rebuilding.

Yeah, don't think you can call anyone who actually watches Shield cricket casuals tbh
Fair call, but the comment was on how they stopped watching Stopped watching and whined about a game in the first session of day two.
A game that got a result?
Casual cricket fans ruin Shield talk. But yes, I get it’s a primary a AFL website.

Fair call, but the comment was on how they stopped watching Stopped watching and whined about a game in the first session of day two.
A game that got a result?
Casual cricket fans ruin Shield talk. But yes, I get it’s a primary a AFL website.
Yep it was slow going, no one disputes that.
But at the end of the day, a side with pretty much it's first 3 or 4 fast bowlers missing won by an innings.

Every other side in the comp would take that.

Yep it was slow going, no one disputes that.
But at the end of the day, a side with pretty much it's first 3 or 4 fast bowlers missing won by an innings.

Every other side in the comp would take that.
Agree. As a Shield fan, even though it was a slow day 2, I was excited to see day 3 knowing Hardie, Philippe, and Turner were to come to increase the scoring rate.
Which is what transpired, leading to an exciting victory within the 4 days.
Footy fans bagging cricket because they don’t understand can be annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back