News Matt Clarke heads West. Replaced by Chris Toce

Remove this Banner Ad

So is it Clarke or Toce that will have our draft hand this year?

But worried if we give that to Clarke given he's off to a competitor around the same pick. Massive conflict of interest.
Clarke has already moved on and Toce has already started with us

would be an interesting trade negotiation for Liam Baker

Hopefully he sees the light and stays. Wouldn’t begrudge him leaving but he seems to be a very loyal bloke. I know that’s a BS term in footy but the club gave him a chance, he’s VC and he’s going to be paid. Plus the WA clubs are shiteshows it’s not like he’s get much more coin and be in flag contention with them.

Hopefully he sees the light and stays. Wouldn’t begrudge him leaving but he seems to be a very loyal bloke. I know that’s a BS term in footy but the club gave him a chance, he’s VC and he’s going to be paid. Plus the WA clubs are shiteshows it’s not like he’s get much more coin and be in flag contention with them.
All depends on the cash in my opinion

If he is getting $200k a year x 5 years more and gets to go back to WA
I think he goes

All depends on the cash in my opinion

If he is getting $200k a year x 5 years more and gets to go back to WA
I think he goes

Not sure about the maths there. Dusty will be on less money next year. If he plays on. Lynch the only big contract back ended from my estimation.

We will have cap space and need vets like him to help the new generation. Unless a premiership contender comes in to play. I reckon that’s the threat over a WA club

Wc would possibly pay +200 a year , not gonna be much fun there for a while , maybe doesnt care
I have 2 premiership medals in my safe and 27 years old getting $800k a year and having a family where i want to live

Who cares about fun at the eagles just enjoy the ride

I reckon we’d be offering in the 700 range , maybe more , so wc would need to be 900+ , big coin for little bloke
Not like they are flush for talent
They could easily front end that of contract with derailing anything

Looks like we are a few years at least of contention as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke needed to go for me. For me his issue was he didn't pick the obvious player in front of him with the best traits. Also what shouldn't be non negotiable players have to kick the footy well.

If Clarke was heading to the supermarket when yiu were starvin he’d come back with a packet of toothbrush that were half price coz they were best available ,,,,how we have chosen to neglect tall stock at nearly every opportunity is beyond the pale

He couldn’t identify tall talent. Only later in the draft short people.

Hope Toce with an abundance of good draft selections can rectify this and we can have some good talls come into the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back