Gabbatoir

Club Legend
Dec 23, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
With the amount of thoroughly deserved negativity floating around this place at the moment, I thought I'd put the spotlight on one of the shining lights so far in season 2010 - the Goose.

From where I've been sitting as a supporter, every time he gets out on the field in the Brisbane jumper, I know exactly what I'll get from him: Desperation, accountability and composure. He's fast becoming one of my favourite Lions, and am extremely glad the club decided to throw him a lifeline in the draft.

I would probably be happy if we were losing with 22 Matt Maguire's on the field, as I'd know that every one of them was giving 100%. Though I'm not saying any player goes onto the field without caring, it just seems that Goose is playing with the attitude of someone who nearly had his career cut short, and wants to savour every moment he has on the field. If more of our players could capture this mentality, I'm confident that we will feature prominently in September.

Cheers for a great start to your Lions career Goose, I hope I get to see the number 36 floating around our defensive 50 for a lot of years to come. :thumbsu:

Agreed. He has been our best 'recycled' pick up. I'm glad he got the second chance.

love the goose.....

he might be a bit slow at times, but he gives his all and never gives up...i love his desperation

imagine our defence without him

with strawb out, patfull in ordinary form, and staker giving his all but not being well skilled...goose is a godsend

if only they ALL tried their guts out like he does

Yep, playing footy like a bloke who stared a possible premature end to his career right in the face.

His lack of speed has really not been a huge factor. He moves surprisingly well still, and makes up for the rest of it with good all round footy nous.

An absolute bargain at pick 91.

I reckon goose is awesome, I also want to sing the praises for hawksley, he has been excellent the last 3 weeks and has just gone up another level.

Good to see a thread like this when it is easy to pot other players etc and miss what has been a seriously great pick up for the Lions.

I think every football fan is happy to see the way he is going about it, would be a real show to go top 10 in your B&F this year.

Great to see Goose back to playing some of his best football and congrats to the lions for recruiting him. Without him we would have no defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Goose and he is a ripping bloke off the park as well. One of only a few positives for 2010...and he is Browny's weights partner, which has nothing to do with anything but anyway...

I think most of us liked Goose at the Saints. At the end on the day, it probably came down to whether he could return to past levels, and I think we doubted that.

Really good to see him do so well at the Lions, wish him all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back