Matt Rendell situation thread #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlad is offering Rendell a job...

Trigg is sticking to " if you knew the full story, you would understand why we cant have him back".

I was filthy at Trigg before. Now I am ropeable.

How can Vlad and the AFL put their hands up but Trigg can't....?

Because his were we'll and truly tied by THEM! Of course they can now offer rendell a job, makes them look sparkly clean and the afc look inept, when the truth is, they gave the afc NO CHOICE. This disclaimer they've come out with last night is to further tarnish us with their ****ing mess because they knew all this was about to come down. We all know for a fact that vlad said two days before Trigg had a chance to deal with this that whoever it was should be looking for new employment. They were his exact words. And now he says "we didn't tell the afc to sack him" I call bullshit. I love how you are quick to exonerate vlad and misfit and not willing to give Trigg any benefit of the doubt whatsoever. :mad:

This wont be popular ...
In defence of Misfud, he may not have been lying.
In the same sense that Grant Thomas was not lying but was guilty of spreading unsubstantiated information...
If Mifsud was told this by a Melbourne player, for example.
Journalists make a living spreading muck like this; Mifsud should have known better than to spread rumours to journos, even an old mate like Grant Thomas.
So IF he was told this story by a Melbourne player he shows a naive lack of judgement in telling GT - hardly the same as being a malicious liar as many are making him out to be.

This wont be popular ...
In the same sense that Grant Thomas was not lying but was guilty of spreading unsubstantiated information...
Journalists make a living spreading muck like this; Mifsud should have known better than to spread rumours to journos, even an old mate like Grant Thomas.
So IF he was told this story by a Melbourne player he shows a naive lack of judgement in telling GT - hardly the same as being a malicious liar as many are making him out to be.

Liar? Maybe not. But at best he's an imbecile, a w***er, and a cretin.

This wont be popular ...

Who cares if a melb player told Mifsud? There is no way in hell he should of said anything to anyone especially the media without investigating properly. Disgraceful.

No. I said that I don't see any issue with the way it was handled based on the facts I had. There are now new facts which raise more questions than they answer, and put the credibility of the sacking in doubt.

And your thoughts on how Trigg is handling it now??

He is sticking to the " if you knew all the facts you would know why we cant have him back"? But wont disclose the information...

Whilst the AFL are offering him a job?

He is sticking to the " if you knew all the facts you would know why we cant have him back"? But wont disclose the information...

"If we knew all the facts" is this year's "as far as the eye can see" - spin and nonsense.

Who cares if a melb player told Mifsud? There is no way in hell he should of said anything to anyone especially the media without investigating properly. Disgraceful.

So true... Misfud acted on false information and got a warning and did the right thing and offered his resignation...

Meanwhile, our leader Mr Trigg acted on false information but is free to go on.. He refuses to say he made a mistake even though the AFL who have the same information are now offering Rendell a job?

Something is not right... I think Trigg has legal advice saying do not admit you ****ed up at all costs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean Rioli getting stuck into Mifsud now. Says his position is untenable and he is "ashamed to have Jason Misfud as the voice of our mob". Vlad should have just accepted the resignation. Just too messy for words ...

You want to be 100% sure before you hang a man out to dry who has give 35 years service to the AFL. This hasn't just affected Matt, he has a wife and 2 teenage boys....

Trigg should go
You are aware that Trigg spoke to Rendell, who confirmed that the conversation between himself, Mifsud & Fahour was exactly as Mifsud reported it to Trigg?

Trigg had no choice and this latest development doesn't change that. Mifsud has been proven to be a liar in the latest case, but the facts of the Rendell incident are not now, nor have they ever been, in question.
Meanwhile, our leader Mr Trigg acted on false information but is free to go on.. He refuses to say he made a mistake even though the AFL who have the same information are now offering Rendell a job?
What false information? Rendell admitted his guilt.

Trigg acted on the information he had available to him at the time - and the veracity of that information has never been challenged and is not in doubt even following Mifsud's latest act of stupidity.
Something is not right... I think Trigg has legal advice saying do not admit you ****ed up at all costs
Probably because he didn't **** up? Vlad made it abundantly clear that the offender had to lose his job. Trigg had no choice but to comply.

So... if Triggy says, "there's more to it we can't tell you", and he got this information from Mifsud's recollection of the meeting, that would entail that Triggy's been fed incorrect information.

Feel bad for Trigg, did the only thing he could for the club, but now it looks as though he's been fed bulldust.

Feel good for Rendell, as the bloke who ruined him just got an almighty shafting.

Feel great for Thomas, as he's just given the AFL and Vlad an amazing bitchslap... and in the same manner as his mate Matt got it, with the same bloke, loose lips during a "confidential" conversation. Oh the irony.

Mifspud, what a dog of a bloke. So he spoke to a mate and the mate used that for his own ends, wonder how it feels for him. Tendered his resignation, wasn't accepted, stayed on. AFL House, nothing ever changes.

No I'm not, but you don't need to be so dramatic. Trigg swung the axe and a head rolled, a handful of people on a footy forum arguing for Trigg's dismissal/resignation in no way carries the same weight or influence.

No, but there is such a thing as mob mentality. These things have a way of getting out of hand. And I just want FB to understand that what he is doing is no better than what he accuses Trigg of doing.

Don't get me wrong either, what happened to rendell was appalling - look at my sig! I just think his anger is misdirected in this situation.

My thoughts are the same as I posted a few back; after this has occurred there are some unanswered questions regarding Rendell's sacking.

My favourite part of the Vlad quote:

It was an unacceptable conversation notwithstanding the fact it was not supposed to appear in the public domain," said Demetriou of the conversation between Thomas and Mifsud.

"I have explained to Jason that the standards we apply in this organisation apply to all employees, our management team and the AFL Commission. Those conversations must remain confidential"

Is he saying that the Rendell Misfud conversation should also have remained confidential??

REINSTATE RENDELL, SACK MISFUD

You are aware that Trigg spoke to Rendell, who confirmed that the conversation between himself, Mifsud & Fahour was exactly as Mifsud reported it to Trigg?

This bit I'm not sure of. Rendell admitted to be taken out of context but the question that now needs to be answered is; did Misfud beat up the story and his level of offense to save his own ass, and did Trigg buy it and not administer natural justice correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back