Delisted 15. Matthew Hayball (2016-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen him a lot for West Adelaide.

He'll be very good, but is a year or two away. Great left foot kick, takes very big marks. Been a favourite of mine this year.

Will have more detail tomorrow, but Wells is a smart operator and it's far from a smokey IMO.
Put him on my top. Thanks for the info redandblack!

I've seen him a lot for West Adelaide.

He'll be very good, but is a year or two away. Great left foot kick, takes very big marks. Been a favourite of mine this year.

Will have more detail tomorrow, but Wells is a smart operator and it's far from a smokey IMO.

Can you give us a little synopsis of him..... 185cm..quick? Inside /Outside? Duel sided or just left. Strong hands or high leap mark.....etc

Does anyone have any footage on this bloke?
I can't believe he got picked ahead of Glass-McCasker, Reuben Williams, Tahana, Parsons, etc.

Is this Wells selection method?

View attachment 195540

What.. because you know better? Just how much have you seen live of all these players? Why not wait till we see his pick before questioning it?

Hayball was having a ciggy out the back of the Brooklyn Park Pub when he heard his name called out. His first response was, "Who put my name in the draft?"

I'm sure Wells does this to just take the piss out of the AFL. It's his way of saying, "I don't give a toss at the end of the day. We can make anybody a footballer at Geelong!"o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What.. because you know better? Just how much have you seen live of all these players? Why not wait till we see his pick before questioning it?

I don't think anyone has seen this bloke.

I think Wells said I'm tired of sitting here for so long and yelled out a combination of words of:
My, Phew, Ah, Balls (Matthew Hayball) and somehow this bloke is coming to the Cattery.

Do you know an L & B Jones - a couple in late 30"s?
Can't say that I do.
From the picture posted looks like Matthew played for the Roxby Miners up here they have won the past three flags and did it easily

Can't say that I do.
From the picture posted looks like Matthew played for the Roxby Miners up here they have won the past three flags and did it easily
Their son is a good young local footballer/basketballer who has been invited to the West Adelaide Junior development program. He will a have a couple of clues.

Hayball was having a ciggy out the back of the Brooklyn Park Pub when he heard his name called out. His first response was, "Who put my name in the draft?"

I'm sure Wells does this to just take the piss out of the AFL. It's his way of saying, "I don't give a toss at the end of the day. We can make anybody a footballer at Geelong!"o_O
Sincerely hope not

OK. Back from the draft. Matt Hayball played all year in West Adelaide Under 18's. Pretty quiet first half of the season, but had a breakout game and won the MVP for the competition for that week.

He got better and was promoted to Reserves for the last round. I could see huge upside in him.

He's still light and needs time to develop, but Wells would have seen a big X factor about him. He's reasonably quick, but covers the ground well and has a lovely left foot kick. He has really strong hands for such a light player and regularly takes huge marks.

West is the club of Aaron Francis and Riley Bonner. SANFL Premiers this year and we thought Snelling, Haysman and 1 or 2 others might have been drafted, but they weren't.

I'm not that surprised Matt was drafted, but give him time.

Zac Bates is also a West junior

Strangely enough, had a chance to chat with Steven Wells just for a moment tonight. Steven played for West years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back