Senior 15. George Stevens (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 58 in the 2023 National Draft Geelong have selected:

George Stevens

Got him yes!!!

GO Catters

Last edited:

Looking forward to Stephens taking the absolute piss out of our midget midfield next year.
I'm imagining him as the boss with the nail in his head in Happy Gilmore, yelling at Parish "I believe that ball belongs to Mr Dangerfield" as he slowly plods after him

I made an unreasonable number of Manbeast videos this season. Here's a link to a playlist with all 9 of them.

Whatever the afl are threatening to sue you for they should be paying you that threefold. You're an asset to football

I'm imagining him as the boss with the nail in his head in Happy Gilmore, yelling at Parish "I believe that ball belongs to Mr Dangerfield" as he slowly plods after him
Think the slow thing has been completely overblown.

He's no Max Holmes, but he's not slow. I think it was Archie Roberts who he beat, who's considered a half back flanker with speed, so the whole thing feels a bit off.

Might just be the hulking frame that he's got that leads most to assume that he can't run, but he can actually do it well.

He's no Max Holmes, but he's not slow. I think it was Archie Roberts who he beat, who's considered a half back flanker with speed, so the whole thing feels a bit off.

Might just be the hulking frame that he's got that leads most to assume that he can't run, but he can actually do it well.
Never let the truth get into the way of a good narrative.

We should be getting him to hit the cardio though. We shall call this undertaking "Project: Colossus"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never let the truth get into the way of a good narrative.

We should be getting him to hit the cardio though. We shall call this undertaking "Project: Colossus"
Wouldn't be surprised if the extra weight he's carrying is due to the ACL.

Poor bloke wouldn't have had much else to do but lift weights and eat, it's a dog of an injury.

Jake Stringer was similar in his draft year. Broke his leg and put on 15kgs. Got it all sorted out once he got a pre-season under his belt though.

Wouldn't be surprised if the extra weight he's carrying is due to the ACL.

Poor bloke wouldn't have had much else to do but lift weights and eat, it's a dog of an injury.

Jake Stringer was similar in his draft year. Broke his leg and put on 15kgs. Got it all sorted out once he got a pre-season under his belt though.
Yeah sure, but Cooper Stephens was out injured his draft year and his draft photo caused localised flooding at nearby high schools

Stevinator! He will wreck them.

Very happy with this selection @ 58. It's like going to Amazing Mills Markets and finding something that's worth 50x more.

I don’t want to be a wet blanket, but go watch his game v Port Power reserves this year. Ollie Lord burned him on the lead to kick the first two goals of the match. Then Georgiades absolutely towelled him too - both on the lead and turning back to goal. The knock on his leg speed is real.

George was playing half back (earlier in the season) and was consistently in the best players on the ground. Then went to midfield and dominated. then played Vfl and looked fantastic.

Great pick up.

Will be a Cats favourite for years.

And another with great leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back