Rookie 43. Emerson Jeka (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 7 in the 2023 Rookie Draft Geelong have selected Emerson Jeka.

Was listed on the Hawks squad a few years ago and and was delisted. Not sure when he's been since but hes on the Cats Rookie list now.

Welcome Emerson!

GO Catters

Was listed on the Hawks squad a few years ago and and was delisted. Not sure when he's been since but hes on the Cats Rookie list now.

Welcome Emerson!

GO Catters

Looks like he has a pretty good debut VFL season up forward then was moved to the backline for 2022 and 2023.

Welcome Emerson!

GO Catters
He was only delisted this year. Taken in the 2019 rookie draft. Played a few games in 2021 and 2022. Didn't play a game this year and delisted. No idea about him but there's the mature aged key defender we probably needed for depth.

Signed for Essendon's VFL side last week so that didn't last long.

The kid has all the tools to make it because he can take a grab and is a ripper of a kick.
His ultimate delisting by the Hawks was because he just lacks intent at the contest and his will to compete was sup par and no matter how much we prodded him, we just could not get it out of him.

Jeka was drafted as a forward and in his underage year was touted as a possible top 10 pick.
Went to the hawks and played the first year in the forward line then trying his luck in the backline
I have followed his career closely as I played footy with his dad when I was a youngster starting off my senior years.
An absolute ripping family, you won’t find many better

Family right into fitness, with boxing a priority with the fitness side of it.

Goodluck young man, wrapt to have a chance to cheer for you

Last edited:
The kid has all the tools to make it because he can take a grab and is a ripper of a kick.
His ultimate delisting by the Hawks was because he just lacks intent at the contest and his will to compete was sup par and no matter how much we prodded him, we just could not get it out of him.

Cheers for the info mate :)

Perhaps this is the kick in the ass he needs - being delisted and then picked up by your arch rival, haha.

Hopefully we can pry the goodness out of him after you fleeced us of Cooper Stevens.

GO Catters

I think he is more a natural forward. Interesting we did not look at Rudd? Size?
Definitely a back. CHB probably the best position for him. Good size, good intercept mark and a deadly kick on him. Had a lot of hamstring injuries that held him back. I’m sure Chris will get the best out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very poor selection.

I did a cooking class in school and one of the first things I learnt was potatoes need to be baked at the right temperature and for the right amount of times ... if not, a Jeka happens.

I'm gobsmacked.

Sounds like he needs a good Joel Selwood glare

Very poor selection.

I did a cooking class in school and one of the first things I learnt was potatoes need to be baked at the right temperature and for the right amount of times ... if not, a Jeka happens.

I'm gobsmacked.
Won't lie I'm a bit shocked at this one

Won't lie I'm a bit shocked at this one

Im more shocked we didnt leave the spot open in case we get a ruck injury over pre season.

But that said its only 12 months at the end of a weak draft-can live with it.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane kind of player? Not sure we're even allowed to use that phrase anymore, but you catch my drift.

Seems like a nice kid though, and as you say looks like he's got everything you could want in a player. Hopefully we can get the best out of him.

Im more shocked we didnt leave the spot open in case we get a ruck injury over pre season.

But that said its only 12 months at the end of a weak draft-can live with it.
You've got a strange obsession with the ruck role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back