Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodwin was heading for a crushing GF defeat .....if not for a 20 min purple patch, in the 3rd Qtr by Gawn, Oliver and Petracca

It was all due to players .....B4 that moment, and since ....he's done nothing to suggest he's a supercoach

The Grundy call was a shemozzle
Jackson .. Gawn was on the bench

JPod deserves a lot of respect for effectively ruling himself out of selection when he knew his time was up and the club would benefit by playing younger guys. Definitely the opposite attitude to our home developed players. And I'm definitely not saying James wasn't a good coach (noting you're not suggesting I did), but there's zero evidence he was and given he negotiated a coaching contract at the conclusion of his playing deal, you'd have to assume he had a serious interest in it.
Agree on the coaching proficiency. And if he had the desire strongly needed and was an effective coach, he might still be coaching. We'll never know for sure.

All that said, we had quite a few dysfunctional people within the club in and out of the football department.

Funny about that. I was talking to a guy mid-week. In his job he deals with alot of boards and he said the Crows board is one of the worst to deal with. They still think they are running an elite club and are completely out of touch with the precarious position the club now finds itself. He is one-eyed Crows supporter.
Bullshit.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks definitely doesn’t have the ruthlessness required to win a flag, he’d choose to not win playing Sloane ahead of winning one without without him. He’s the worst kind of coach imaginable. But where the assistants lob is unknown.

I think it's more that he believes that we're better with Sloane and sadly that's even more alarming to me than if he was playing Sloane due to blind loyalty.

Continues: Opinion - Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back