List Mgmt. Max Holmes, Mark O’Connor, Ollie Dempsey, Shannon Neale, and Toby Conway have all inked new deals to extend their time at Kardinia Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has shown some good signs , skilful big man with fantastic ruck craft.
Could be special once he builds a tank , like him a lot so far :thumbsu:
Scott mentioned the reason they have such faith in Conway is his physical attributes - he could pretty much match it with seasoned rucks from the get go - and his intelligence / willingness to learn.

That is a strong statement from Neale.

Its PR that his manager would have advised him on..its nice to hear but ultimately doesnt mean a lot in the scheme of things. That said hope he stays a long time.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year we do some different things early in the season to give opportunity to guys like Neale, Conway and Sav. Try Cameron more up field or give Stanley an extended break early in the year. Just small changes to give the young guys a chance.

One thing that just struck me (a week too late?). Missed it as was focussed on the positive news…

But Frank wasn’t signed as one of the young guns? Nor Simpson? Nor Stevens?

I think Stephens already signed up for next year?

Are those 3 other “young guns” all at risk? Maybe the delist and then choose to rookie a couple of them?

Still time I suppose to sign them up before end of year but just struck me that those three (in particular Frank and Stevens) could easily have fit into the same ”young guns” story line… but didnt. Maybe means something? Maybe not

One thing that just struck me (a week too late?). Missed it as was focussed on the positive news…

Are those 3 other “young guns” all at risk? Maybe the delist and then choose to rookie a couple of them?

Still time I suppose to sign them up before end of year but just struck me that those three (in particular Frank and Stevens) could easily have fit into the same ”young guns” story line… but didnt. Maybe means something? Maybe not
When you run the numbers on list spots you find that those three are in danger of being cut.

Because we are very tight for list spots and have to elevate atkins and close guys like frank probably wont be offered contracts til after the trade period (as if we trade in guys and dont have retirements the numbers dictate that guys like frank will either have to go to the rookie list or get delisted altogether). Neale is a different case as apart from his ceiling being so much higher we have to prioritise talls from a list mgt perspective.

In some news to put a big old smile on dazbroncos face
Geelong has locked away promising big man Shannon Neale to a new multi-year deal in the latest contract boost for the Cats.
Neale, 20, has been out injured with an ankle problem but showed exciting signs over summer and late last year as a 203cm goal kicker.
Moneyball can reveal Geelong list boss Andrew Mackie, who signed up young star Sam De Koning and Tyson Stengle early in the year, has tied-up Neale until at least the end of 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be good for the needless worry to end now, we have a very very good record of keeping players from interstate... and the panic far far outweighs the actual chances of someone leaving. TK was an exceptional circumstance given his family issues and shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for it. I can't really remember many others wanting out. Clark who wasn't getting a game anyway the other and then??

For Neale is also good to ease pressure that he has to perform now as well, can sort his rehab and build with the view clearly that Hawk is very near the end and he will get his chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back