Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRISBANE Lions coach Justin Leppitsch is adamant James Aish is a "pretty good" chance to be at the club for 2016.

Despite reports throughout the season suggesting Aish was as good as gone, Leppitsch believes the out-of-contract 19-year-old is still yet to make up his mind.

"We'd like to think James is going to stay," Leppitsch told Channel Nine.

"He's away at the moment in Bali, having a good time and just relaxing. Hopefully the decision's pretty imminent.

"We think it's (a) pretty good (chance he will stay).

"James all year has been undecided, I think it's been played out a lot in the press, I think he's pretty comfortable about staying at the Brisbane Lions."

Ruckman Martin likely to stay a Lion

Leppitsch fired back at reports Aish had made his mind up midway through the season.

"I don't really think he's had a mindset all year, to be perfectly honest," he said.

"I know other people have played out what's in James' head but he's been staunch all year that he wants to wait until the end of the year to make a decision.

"He's thinking about it now, that's the process and nothing's changed from our end."

Leppitsch revealed a number of senior Lions officials were still attempting to talk wantaway midfielder Jack Redden into staying at the club.

"(There's) a lot of people on that mission at the moment. Jack is deciding whether his best football is at the football club or whether it's somewhere else. We're having those conversations all the time with him."

Meanwhile, Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge told Channel Nine that Lions ruckman Matthew Leuenberger, a free agent, was not on the club's radar for 2016.

He also thought Redden was staying and look what happened there.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on any of the other threads but last night was the premier of "the chosen few 2" - afl captains.

Was a brilliant insight into the world of the 18 captains. ( yes rocky did get his fair share of fame)

Interesting points in doco about rocky:
* had a 45-50year old woman stalker. She use to turn up to his door with a six pack of beer. He had to get his house mate to get her to leave. She would then sit out the front drink all 6 beers then leave.!! ( ok own up which one of u guys was it?????)
* he talked about his annoyance of media and all things taken out of context. ( never about the good things)
*his captaincy style being outspoken.
*killa his dog is his refuge away from the stress and constant pressure.
* footage of him and leppa was like a family.
Funny footage with audio - Leppa has his arms around rocky walking out of meeting. Leppa says to rocky " you must be the worst captain in the afl?" - rocky replied with " thats ok! You are the worst coach in the afl?" they both start pissing themselves laughing. ( the gist of it was like they had seen something in the boardroom, media tripe saying something bad about the lions)
*another bit of great footage and audio was of Rocky's speech pre game huddle - Essendon Etihad match.
Talked about how this jumper means a lot to fans down here. Real fire up( the boys did have a great first half from memory)
*funny footage and audio rocky having set shot practice before an away game. Talked about how the Red away top much better than the white- red much more slimming, white not so flattering for him. Haha
All in all pretty good viewing.if anyone has any questions. Happy to answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* had a 45-50year old woman stalker. She use to turn up to his door with a six pack of beer. He had to get his house mate to get her to leave. She would then sit out the front drink all 6 beers then leave.!! ( ok own up which one of u guys was it?????)

Not the first player I've heard this about.

I think a few fans think an approachable player who says hello to them at training means they are suddenly best buddies. Or that the player they have a crush on has reciprocal feelings because the player once signed their hat.

I thought he did well in the sense that the circumstances of the interview (being at the coaches award and in a joint interview with Scott) didn't really lend itself to any protracted or meaningful discussion. Both coaches were giving 10-20 second answers.

Yep acknowledged earlier this is a good point, I over thought the nature of the interview. He did say "take the heat off me' to Scotty and looked rattled instantly when the question was asked, but it was more probley about "I don't want this to turn serious and turn into a rip into Brissy thing' than anything else. I am really keen for him to have a proper chat soon so we can actually hear where he and the club are at. I think I went in expecting that, as he was singled out as appearing when Scott and others wern't, i'd love a half hour with him and GW por something like that, the fans need it ATM but I don't think it's on the cards.

I think a few fans think an approachable player who says hello to them at training means they are suddenly best buddies. Or that the player they have a crush on has reciprocal feelings because the player once signed their hat.
Next step is they start making the player a knitted scarf and suddenly they are playing for West Coast Tairy Greene.

Next step is they start making the player a knitted scarf and suddenly they are playing for West Coast Tairy Greene.
**** off, it was a blanket you bastard! AND HE STILL HASN'T RETURNED IT!!!

BERNIE LOVES ME DAMN YOU!

Not sure if it's been mentioned on any of the other threads but last night was the premier of "the chosen few 2" - afl captains.

Was a brilliant insight into the world of the 18 captains. ( yes rocky did get his fair share of fame)

Interesting points in doco about rocky:
* he talked about his annoyance of media and all things taken out of context. ( never about the good things)
*his captaincy style being outspoken.
*killa his dog is his refuge away from the stress and constant pressure.
* footage of him and leppa was like a family.
Funny footage with audio - Leppa has his arms around rocky walking out of meeting. Leppa says to rocky " you must be the worst captain in the afl?" - rocky replied with " thats ok! You are the worst coach in the afl?" they both start pissing themselves laughing. ( the gist of it was like they had seen something in the boardroom, media tripe saying something bad about the lions)
*another bit of great footage and audio was of Rocky's speech pre game huddle - Essendon Etihad match.
Talked about how this jumper means a lot to fans down here. Real fire up( the boys did have a great first half from memory)
*funny footage and audio rocky having set shot practice before an away game. Talked about how the Red away top much better than the white- red much more slimming, white not so flattering for him. Haha
All in all pretty good viewing.if anyone has any questions. Happy to answer.

This doesn't seem to be available on catch-up. I can't find the full coaches one anywhere either, just a couple of short bits on You Tube. Frustrating. If anyone has any good links please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back