Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Very articulate caller with a good grasp on the history of the sport. Probably lost in the modern entertainment era hence why 7 only use him for cricket.

His “it is a score… it is a major score” call of Wanganeen’s dagger in the 2004 Prelim was possibly the most underwhelming commentary for the quality of the goal and size of the moment I’ve ever heard.

Definitely seemed more suited to ABC Radio.

‘Why is my feed full of cheap airfares to Thailand and Temu puttblugs?! Sort it out, Zuck!’
i'd be on a watchlist for the very specific and regular searches for how to dispose of keninly without evidence.

"Why are you getting ads for superacid?"

His “it is a score… it is a major score” call of Wanganeen’s dagger in the 2004 Prelim was possibly the most underwhelming commentary for the quality of the goal and size of the moment I’ve ever heard.

Definitely seemed more suited to ABC Radio.

Disagree entirely.

Letting the moment and the vision of a great act on the sporting field speak for itself is a lost art in TV sports commentary.

Later this week the clubs in the English Premier League will discuss a resolution put by Wolverhampton on whether to retain or scrap the use of video technology. Interesting that clubs in the EPL are questioning the value of the VAR system.

In the AFL the use of video review has become farcical as some goal umpires have become scared of making a wrong call. On the other hand some umpires do not use the video review when they should, case in point the R23 Crows/ Adelaide game last season.

In a recent Port game we saw a call for a review for touched when the ball had crossed the line by at least half a metre with the goal umpire standing 3-5 metres from the action. In many of the reviews the vision appears inconclusive and the game is held up while numerous replays and freezes occur.

I reckon AFL games are already stretched by as much as 15-20 minutes because SEVEN feel the need to air a couple of ads after each goal. Adding numerous video reviews to that situation only makes matters worse. Accept the umpires call and get on with it.

Later this week the clubs in the English Premier League will discuss a resolution put by Wolverhampton on whether to retain or scrap the use of video technology. Interesting that clubs in the EPL are questioning the value of the VAR system.

In the AFL the use of video review has become farcical as some goal umpires have become scared of making a wrong call. On the other hand some umpires do not use the video review when they should, case in point the R23 Crows/ Adelaide game last season.

In a recent Port game we saw a call for a review for touched when the ball had crossed the line by at least half a metre with the goal umpire standing 3-5 metres from the action. In many of the reviews the vision appears inconclusive and the game is held up while numerous replays and freezes occur.

I reckon AFL games are already stretched by as much as 15-20 minutes because SEVEN feel the need to air a couple of ads after each goal. Adding numerous video reviews to that situation only makes matters worse. Accept the umpires call and get on with it.

Crypto have to make some money somehow. I haven't got a uuuge screen tv, but when they do a four way split screen for the reviews I can't make out anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the AFL media landscape and if you were a Cows supporter in the media, I don't think there would be anything funner than to praise Hinkley.

It would just make you laugh so hard once the microphone is off.
Was like when we wished Steven Trigg to remain at the crows for ever, along with neil craig.

They should just have it being monitored every single shot in the back ground. The judge will then have the minimum time to decide whether to change the result. Then the play never stops unless required.

Was like when we wished Steven Trigg to remain at the crows for ever, along with neil craig.
Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end.

If Koch was half decent and had some balls, we would probably be laughing at slimeball Olsen and his narcissistic tendencies to ruin the Cows but its hard when you've got Koch and Hinkley outdoing him for over a decade.

So our stats around beating top 4 teams are based around where in the ladder they finished the season aren't they?.... The Suns just beat Geelong by 10 goals.. just saying.
Yeah kinda makes our win look a little less impressive

Gold Coast... ya know the team who has never made finals... just put Geebung to the sword and held a big lead to win by 10+ goals.. something we couldnt do

but hey.. BeSt WiN eVeR

Gold Coast... ya know the team who has never made finals... just put Geebung to the sword and held a big lead to win by 10+ goals.. something we couldnt do

but hey.. BeSt WiN eVeR
Yeah well have a look at Essendon. Kind of makes our absolute embarassement of them look even more impressive.

Yeah well have a look at Essendon. Kind of makes our absolute embarassement of them look even more impressive.

I just don’t get why we have a coach and his staff carrying on like bogan lotto winners after the sort of wins that should be standard for a serious contender worth its salt.

It’s the epitome of the ‘little club, others are much bigger, you need to be at your absolute best and a dollop of luck’ self-fulfilling prophecy that has paralysed the club for far too long.

but hey.. BeSt WiN eVeR

Except that we beat Geelong at Kardinia Park after a 17 year drought. That has to be worth celebrating.

Except that we beat Geelong at Kardinia Park after a 17 year drought. That has to be worth celebrating.
A long way to go to be like Freo... who won their last two games at GMHBA.
Which includes 2022, you know when Geelong was actually the best team in the league.

I just don’t get why we have a coach and his staff carrying on like bogan lotto winners after the sort of wins that should be standard for a serious contender worth its salt.

It’s the epitome of the ‘little club, others are much bigger, you need to be at your absolute best and a dollop of luck’ self-fulfilling prophecy that has paralysed the club for far too long.
Oh I agree the carry on from Ken is a bit embarassing, but I don't agree with the "this makes our win less impressive" crap.
Especially since its missing the context of Geelong's outs as well.

Especially when the reverse is ignored.

Oh I agree the carry on from Ken is a bit embarassing, but I don't agree with the "this makes our win less impressive" crap.
Especially since its missing the context of Geelong's outs as well.

Especially when the reverse is ignored.
I didnt say our win wasnt impressive.. it was...

However our 2nd half was absolute pants and we were lucky to hold on.

For me that took a fair bit of shine off the win. Our second half we played like scared little kids waiting for the big bad wolf to blow our house down, nearly blowing a 49 point lead

Gold Coast broke even for the first quarter and a half but then put the foot down and put them to the sword so yeah for me their win is more impressive than ours

Of course it is. Hinckley is so self indulgent that his silly dancing and other carrying on is an embarrassment. Contrast this with him rushing on the ground after we beat Freo in Perth in the 2014 elimination final and telling Travis to keep a lid on our emotions. What bs. It would have been totally reasonable to be excited and happy after such a win, but no let’s dance and carry on after a home and away victory. The guy has well and truly lost all objectivity.

I didnt say our win wasnt impressive.. it was...

However our 2nd half was absolute pants and we were lucky to hold on.

For me that took a fair bit of shine off the win. Our second half we played like scared little kids waiting for the big bad wolf to blow our house down, nearly blowing a 49 point lead

Gold Coast broke even for the first quarter and a half but then put the foot down and put them to the sword so yeah for me their win is more impressive than ours
Of the 4 quarters played last night both teams won 2 of them. Our win last week was bloody amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back