Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably one other thing that the mcg needs for it’s next redevelopment is better studio facilities in the media centre for both fox and 7 considering they have to currently take up disabled seating…

Probably one other thing that the mcg needs for it’s next redevelopment is better studio facilities in the media centre for both fox and 7 considering they have to currently take up disabled seating…

That is disgraceful from all parties - Fox/7 for wanting to use the space and the MCG for allowing it.

I mean - Intentionally going to both of those spots for a photo opp to take a shot at the networks?

That's just going full Karen.

This is very much a 1st world problem, but did anyone try the chicken strips in the MCC last night? They're battered not crumbed and they were genuinely some of the worst food I've ever eaten, like eating a piece of crispy leather.

For reference

The hierarchy is all over the place. In no way should the stat font be bigger than the score font.

Vertical scores read weirdly. They should be consistent with the other scoreboards and be designed to be communicate information as quickly as possible. The set out of information does not allow for a quick glance at the score at all.

As much as I agree that disabled spots shouldn't be used by the networks, these guys made it sound like they were allocated seats in these areas when they weren't. Not sure I like that.

New Shane Warne stand should get a new radio/media centre, and then convert the current radio/media area into a 2nd television studio (with the current being expanded too).

Then they need to find an area for outside studio space.

The hierarchy is all over the place. In no way should the stat font be bigger than the score font.

Vertical scores read weirdly. They should be consistent with the other scoreboards and be designed to be communicate information as quickly as possible. The set out of information does not allow for a quick glance at the score at all.
Scroll down and the full scores are about 40 metres lower that video screen. That is the scoreboard to me...It is where I look to see scores most times I there.

Latest discussion is of a new Warne Stand with construction starting either after the 2027 GF, or RWC Final (should MCG host). Suggestions it might be done in one go, with the 2028 GF going interstate. Reckon one season with the G at 52k is better than two or three at 70k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the 2028 Cricket WC final? not sure if that's start or end of the year

What about the 2028 Cricket WC final? not sure if that's start or end of the year
Ok. Whoever wrote that article in The Age missed that. It is the T20 WC.
Any rebuild will be in between Ashes series (2025/29/33). Knock down after 2030 GF, GF in Sydney 2031, then back for 2032 GF, which could actually be a week or two later due to the Brisbane Olympics.

Latest discussion is of a new Warne Stand with construction starting either after the 2027 GF, or RWC Final (should MCG host). Suggestions it might be done in one go, with the 2028 GF going interstate. Reckon one season with the G at 52k is better than two or three at 70k.
I agree 1 season at half capacity is way better than 3 seasons at 70k. It will also force them to move the GF interstate rather than have what we did in the early 2000s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back