Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2011-12

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Welcome back to the Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup for 2011-12.

...or just the "South Beach Cup" for short

Given the latest reports, I'm going with the idea that there is going to be a season.

Dynasty League
12 team
Standard 9 Cats
PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, UTL, UTL + 4 Reserves
No Injured Reserve and no extra slot for Euro players (i.e. if you drafted Rubio then he takes up a spot on your roster regardless if he plays NBA or not).
First draft will be a snaking draft determined by a random number generator.
Seperate rookie draft every year (excluding the first year where anyone can be drafted). Two round rookie draft per year.
Non-snaking and draft order determined by reverse ladder position (i.e. you finish last you get first pick in the draft). If you haven't been active though you get last pick in the first round.
Guys not on team rosters can also be selected in the rookie draft also.
You are allowed to trade draft picks one year ahead (i.e. if we are in the 2010-2011 season you can trade a future 2011-2012 pick but no future picks past that year until the next season)

Tanking and Absentia
If for whatever reason a manager does not set his team for an extended pariod of time as assessed by the commissioner a player may have their first round pick for the following year downgraded to the last pick in the frst round as punishment. If inactivity is ongoing, a manager may lose his team. This may be due to lack of activity or due to "tanking". Tanking is purposely not setting your team (or your best players) to lose each week.

Confirmed managers...

blidda
Deledio2Tambling
Billy the Kid
Gridlock'd
krisholio14
Bugsy Mogues
raffrox
DutchRudder
Bagda
Tony
Andy
Cam (Mutant Womble)

2011 Rookie Draft

Round 1

1. Hand Down Man Down! - Kyrie Irving
  2. Square 1 - Derrick Williams
  3. FUBAR INC. - Kemba Walker
  4. Wreckx-n-Effect - Enes Kanter
  5. Kramerica - Jonas Valanciunas
  6. Hinrich Manoeuvre -
  7. Kourtney Kardashian
  8. Westminster Templars
  9. The Birdmen
  10. The BMF's
  11. The Kidd's Crew
  12. Carnegie Crustaceans

Round 2

1. Hand Down Man Down!
  2. Square 1
  3. FUBAR INC.
  4. Wreckx-n-Effect
  5. Kramerica
  6. Hinrich Manoeuvre
  7. Kourtney Kardashian
  8. Westminster Templars
  9. The Birdmen
  10. The BMF's
  11. The Kidd's Crew
  12. Carnegie Crustaceans

It goes without saying that i am in! The season better start on time or i'm going to be :mad:

I'll get my bro and his mate to sign up asap and join the banter.

Raff,
If you are struggling I will fill in.
I can't get on the bucks site where I normally play

Hi my name is Andy and looks like ill be taking over the lakers24 team.

Im from melbourne and im a lakers fan.

Just wanted to introduce myself and find out how i take ownership of the team tranferred to my name etc.

Thanks guys.

Just wanted to introduce myself and find out how i take ownership of the team tranferred to my name etc.

Thanks guys.

Welcome aboard Andy, good to see you've signed up, what's me bro waiting for ;)

Nah it's all good, i told him no hurry.

Raffrox the commish will give you instructions how to take over in due course but due to the season not starting on time not sure how soon that will be.

Again welcome aboard :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Thanks guys.

Yeah, Welcome:).
What we want from you:
  • Plenty of crapping on about your team as if they are a real franchise.
  • A commitment right to the end of the 2021 season when I will surely be too old for this stuff?
  • An undertaking to book the Laker Girls for the end of season shindig on St Kilda Beach. I'd come down for that for sure!
Enjoy. Bugsy.

Gascan, not a bad team to take over also, KD and D Rose, just a little bit to build around!!!

My bro had the choice between Lakers24 and Rogan, tough choice but i would probably have gone with Rogan also. Likewise 2 elite players K Love and S Curry and probably more depth but it will be interesting to see how both teams go when fully managed. I don't think too much splits them on paper.

Gascan can you see your squad, i know you saw it when my bro was choosing but i can post the final squad if you want to take another look...

OK, it seems it's the day for introductions.
My name is Tony and I am the older, wiser, smarter & funnier of the Richo brothers!!!
I am also the superior brother when it comes to Fantasy basketball as evidenced by me smashing Billy last year in the Grand Final of another league.
Anyway, thanks for giving me the opportunity to join your league.......pumped to take control of my team - let's just hope we actually get a chance to do so!!!
And don't worry Bugsy, crapping on about your team won't be a problem for Andy - he's always crapping on about something!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard bro although you do speak a lot of shite as evidenced by your first post!!!:p

Unfortunately i do have to admit you did smash me in a league final last year, although it was very very similiar to the Pies Cats this year and the Cats and Hawks in 08, the best team does not always win!

Also with your addition atleast Deled's now has another long suffering Tiger supporter in this league :D:D:D

Welcome aboard Andy and Tony. Good to see that you'll go down fighting when you are all fighting for second place. :cool:

Over the next day or two I'll get the league info together so sign ups can begin.

Cheers fella's.

I had a look at my team when Tony was deciding which team to pick.cant wait to see what everyone else has got.

Very happy with rose and durant not sure about some of the other players!

So Commish,

I have the drafting bug:). How and when is this one going to run?
Do our rosters increase by 2 or do we nominate 2 players to drop prior to, or after, the draft?
We can trade picks right? Players for picks or just picks for picks?
What happens with rookies that wont be playing i.e. Internationals that will be heading over in 2012-13?
Is the draft order just reverse standings or did someone earn a demotion?

I'm a mess without my little NBA. News today is not good.:(.

So Commish,

I have the drafting bug:). How and when is this one going to run?
Do our rosters increase by 2 or do we nominate 2 players to drop prior to, or after, the draft?
We can trade picks right? Players for picks or just picks for picks?
What happens with rookies that wont be playing i.e. Internationals that will be heading over in 2012-13?
Is the draft order just reverse standings or did someone earn a demotion?

I'm a mess without my little NBA. News today is not good.:(.

Rosters stay the same size so depending on your pick you might try to trade it, do 2 for 1's, combine picks and players to move up in the draft etc.

So any combination of picks and, or players can be traded.

As long as a player was taken in the draft, you can draft them too but they take up a roster spot. i.e. Jonas V for the Raptors can be drafted but you'd have to effectively play one short for the season as he's not coming to the NBA until next season.

I'll have a look at the standings and generally I don't like to punish new owners for the actions of the old managers so the draft order will be the reverse order (maybe with a few minor tweaks).

More to come by the end of the weekend. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back