Memorial Delonte West-Gloria James South Beach Cup 2018/2019 (Year 8)

Future of the Injury Reserve

• Add the IR slot and continue with the LTIR rules?

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Add the IR slot and allow the managers to use it as they wish?

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No changes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Westminster Templars
PG Rubio, Wright, Gilgeous-Alexander
SG Brogdan, Bogdanovic, Hood
SF Antetokounmpo, Prince, LeVert, Osman
PF Allen, Nance, Winslow
C Valanciunas, Dedmon

Sorry lads! I’m on a footy trip and this is the first time I have been sober in 48 hours.

At this stage the trade would have been vetoed as we can not trade future picks as yet an obviously next years draft was a future pick at the time they were discussing the trade.

The Beal trade last year I must have missed that one an I apologise for that.

Anyway as was stated by someone a few posts earlier I think we have a great bunch of active and very competent managers so I’ll propose introducing trading future picks (although I am against it) for the upcoming draft and the draft following.

And finally ......... GO PIES!!!!

So what is the outcome on the IR spot? Is it a user managed spot and we can stash player in it?
Yeah, the poll is pretty clear cut.
If Yahoo designates a player as ‘inj’ they can be placed in the IR spot, but we’ll have to wait until Billy sets up the league... then it’s waivers and roster management as you see fit.

One quirk of the yahoo platform however... I don’t think you can pickup a FA and place directly into the IR. You have to place a current inj rostered player there first and then add the inj FA player to the empty roster spot.

Last edited:
PG: D.Mitchell, E.Okobo
SG: K.Middleton, W.Barton
SF: G.Hayward, M.Bridges
PF: L.Markkanen, J.Collins, D.Sabonis
C: R.Gobert, C. Capella, J.Poeltl, J.Bell, Carter

A LOT top heavy at present. Plenty of work to do still.

PG: J. Wall, L. Doncic, K. Dunn, M. Fultz
SG: D. Booker, J. Murray, M. Monk
SF: E. Fournier, J. Jackson, R. H-Jefferson
PF: J. Parker, H. Giles
C: N. Jokic, D. Ayton, B. Adebayo

Still more potential than substance, but hopefully it turns the other way this year.

PG: B. Simmons, K. Irving, E. Payton, T. Rozier
SG: K. Thompson, D. DeRozan, J. Reddick, Z. LaVine
SF: H. Barnes, A. Gordon
PF: B. Griffin, J. Grant
C: J. Embiid, E. Kanter, A. Len

Guys, with the introduction of the Yahoo controlled IL (IR) spot, I thought it would be useful to post the rules for eligibility. Taken from the yahoo site...

Uses the IL roster position:
  • Eligible designations - Injured (INJ) or Out For Season (OFS).
  • Ineligible designations - Out (O) or Game Time Decision (GTD).
These statuses are determined by our data provider and are defined as:
  • O - Projected to miss less than 7 days.
  • INJ - Projected to miss 7+ days due to injury.
  • OFS - Projected to miss the rest of the NBA season.
  • GTD - May or may not play, determined prior to the game's tip-off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lads the league has been set up and has begun!

I am sure not all teams will be correct due to the amount of trading and so forth.

Moo you drafted JaVale McGee but for some reason you already had 15 players so he couldn't be added.

I dropped Alex LEN from a team because they had too many and now I've forgotten who's team that was.

TWO squads have only 14 players. I am not sure why...

I am going to set waivers at 4 days to begin, so we can sort out the rosters and get them right. Once the 4 days has past we'll will return to the normal.

If you can't squad, click over to the next day and your players should appear.

Last edited:
Also I know there are a number of managers who want to introduce the trading of draft picks in future drafts, not just the upcoming draft as it has always been.

As I said I am against it but if a number of managers want it I'm happy for it to be introduced if there is a manager amongst the league who wants to manage such a system. I think it would need to be managed by creating a table or spreadsheet that is accessible to all managers. I'm not capable of this an I am not interested in doing so.

So before we make that decision to introduce the trading of future picks, there's needs to be a manager who is prepared to and capable of managing it. Without that, I think we stick to the existing rules in relation to only trading the upcoming draft's picks.

For some reason I only have 14 players and Sexton hasn’t been added to my team.

How are we moving players to the IR? Haven’t used the feature in yahoo before.

For some reason I only have 14 players and Sexton hasn’t been added to my team.

How are we moving players to the IR? Haven’t used the feature in yahoo before.

Sexton should be fixed now.

In relation to the IR if a player is injured Yahoo will allow you to place him in the injury reserve slot.

Having thought about it .....I'm not keen
Also I know there are a number of managers who want to introduce the trading of draft picks in future drafts, not just the upcoming draft as it has always been.

As I said I am against it but if a number of managers want it I'm happy for it to be introduced if there is a manager amongst the league who wants to manage such a system. I think it would need to be managed by creating a table or spreadsheet that is accessible to all managers. I'm not capable of this an I am not interested in doing so.

So before we make that decision to introduce the trading of future picks, there's needs to be a manager who is prepared to and capable of managing it. Without that, I think we stick to the existing rules in relation to only trading the upcoming draft's picks.

I actually think I'm against it too.

If we have a Manager that cashes out too many picks then leaves, it'll be hard to be a new manager and have no picks to rebuild on.

Having thought about it .....I'm not keen

I actually think I'm against it too.

If we have a Manager that cashes out too many picks then leaves, it'll be hard to be a new manager and have no picks to rebuild on.
I think that one additional future draft will be manageable and if we apply the stepien rule to those 2 future drafts there is protection. So for us now it would be 2 picks in 2019 & 2020 that are tradeable, but those Managers that didn't have a 1st pick this year need to have a 1st pick in 2019.

Back