Portfolio MGDBL Redesign and expansion (Mount gambier district baseball leauge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA dodgers LA Kings Melbourne Aces
this is my next folio which is for my local baseball league which I play in, current teams include
(Mount Gambier sides)
Tigers
Centerals (magpies)
Federals (demons)
South Indians

Millicent Bandits

Narracourte Rangers

I would like to know more about former sides as I heard there used to be a team called Pirates and one called Yankees

also if there was ever a Portland team (as Flinders Park has facilities for one want to know more)

will do new sides for Portland, Hamilton, a team located in the Bordertown area, and Penola (let me know what you think of expansion sides and ideas for them)

this is my next folio which is for my local baseball league which I play in, current teams include
(Mount Gambier sides)
Tigers
Centerals (magpies)
Federals (demons)
South Indians

Millicent Bandits

Narracourte Rangers

I would like to know more about former sides as I heard there used to be a team called Pirates and one called Yankees

also if there was ever a Portland team (as Flinders Park has facilities for one want to know more)

will do new sides for Portland, Hamilton, a team located in the Bordertown area, and Penola (let me know what you think of expansion sides and ideas for them)
Did some looking up for Hamilton. Says they have or had a team Hamilton Warriors. ABN was registered in year 2000 and is still active. Applied for a grant in 2011. But the diamond is now a field hockey pitch and car park has been for years. Not sure what league they were in. Maybe the old Warrnambool and district league. I think I remember their colours were yellow top with white bottoms.

Did some looking up for Hamilton. Says they have or had a team Hamilton Warriors. ABN was registered in year 2000 and is still active. Applied for a grant in 2011. But the diamond is now a field hockey pitch and car park has been for years. Not sure what league they were in. Maybe the old Warrnambool and district league. I think I remember their colours were yellow top with white bottoms.
was thinking of names and colours Portland would be the Pirates yellow black white, Hamilton the lions marron yellow, and blue, then unsure for the other 2

never knew hamilton had a team very nice to know keen to know more on portland seems impossible to find
Yeah I had a look too and couldn't find anything. But I like the expansion of your league to include them. If there was the interest I'd assume a Portland team would be in the mount league and Portland with black yellow and white just feels right.

Yeah I had a look too and couldn't find anything. But I like the expansion of your league to include them. If there was the interest I'd assume a Portland team would be in the Mount League and Portland with black yellow and white just feels right.
as mentioned the sign at Flinders Park says baseball and it looks like they have a diamond and lights so there's something there, plus abrieviation and tribute to the former junior club pirates and the same colors as one of the footy clubs the tigers (ofc tigers name can't be used as there is already a tigers team)

colours or design or any images may incorporated it into the team, still need to come up with identities for the other two sides

N Rangers logo.png

N rangers pri.jpg N Rangers alt.png
for the rangers I changed their logo to be recolor and a small retool of the texas rangers logo, along with this the text on the jersey is more like the text in the logo with their main kit being in navy and their other being in white which are the clubs colours

HERITAGE-GAMEweb20180303.jpg

need the centerals text but can do it help would be greatly apriciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

federals logo.png Federals pri.jpg federals alt.jpg
for Federals, I kept their kit mainly green but I ditched the old logo which looks dated replacing it with the text used in their logo, the red lining is now outlined with white which follows with the name and number, for their alt kit I went with white as i plan for south to use red, with green lineing and then text and numbers red with green outlines

ill trace the text for you after work tonight as long as you do a good job with my bandits!
thank you, will do any suggestions for the bandits?, thinking of changing up the colours, yellow, and silver being considered, thinking of adding silver as a highlight colour, would love to know history on kits and colours for the club

Last edited:
tigers pri.jpg tigers alt.png tiger-alt.png
for tigers, I decided to ditch the black kit in favor of an orange kit, like the federals kit has lining that is outlined but in black and grey, I also changed the text using a hybrid of our previous text (Detroit Tigers) and the t from our hats and current text, for the alt I did a grey inverse as a lot of teams have white so grey would be a nice change, the logo is the new text with a recognised richmond tiger, couldn't find our logo can't get onto Facebook on her our logo consistently is a mess

out of all the current MGDBL league teams, I believe we (Tigers) and South have the stalest/dated kits and to an extent federals since it is the old kit with a logo and colors they don't use their kit is ok but do need a refresh but not as much as south and tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back