Past Michael Jamison

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 40. Michael Jamison (Rookie)

Played really well on Mrs. Lloyd, gave away one free kick I think, chased well and had good closing speed with his punches. Great recruit!

Did REALLY well for 3 and a half qauters and gave lloyd a few goals from free's when the game was over......... towelled him up

Do we bring Setanta back to play on Rocca this week or is Jammo up to it?

Did a great job on Medhurst in his first game last year.

Give him the job on Rocca. If he is to be our FB he needs to be able to play on the monsters and there is no bigger monstor then Rocca.

All this Jamo is to small stuff is a load of sh#t. He's bigger than Scarlett. You don't need to be 100kg to beat a monster.

O'hAilpin shouldn't be in our 22. Jamo is a much better FB.

Give him the job on Rocca. If he is to be our FB he needs to be able to play on the monsters and there is no bigger monstor then Rocca.

All this Jamo is to small stuff is a load of sh#t. He's bigger than Scarlett. You don't need to be 100kg to beat a monster.

O'hAilpin shouldn't be in our 22. Jamo is a much better FB.
There's a guy that plays for Brisbane.......something Brown........apparently quite the Gorrilla.;)

With Kreuzer showing some form in the ruck, Hampson and Cloke.........and now with Jammo at full back.......is the Irish experiment looking grim?

Did exceptionally well on medhurst and beat him comprehensivley. Medhurst kicked 1 goal from a 50 m free from bret thronton ( thanks for ruining the jammer's perfect 0 game you idiot bret) and gathered up a few kicks for himself

Close to our best on sat night before the shoulder injury, bradshaw barely touched it...i think we can remove the rookie status now

Close to our best on sat night before the shoulder injury, bradshaw barely touched it...i think we can remove the rookie status now
True. Will be interesting for the list come seasons end as he will be elevated, plus min 3 draft picks. Ackland and Saddo in the gun.........but the other two?
Benji? Blackwell?
and if we want a PSD pick then we delist another one...........Wiggins?..........some tough times ahead for some players.

True. Will be interesting for the list come seasons end as he will be elevated, plus min 3 draft picks. Ackland and Saddo in the gun.........but the other two?
Benji? Blackwell?
and if we want a PSD pick then we delist another one...........Wiggins?..........some tough times ahead for some players.

Wiggins will be under the pump along with Saddington and Ackland.

Hartlett will have string some games together and stay injury free

Blackwell will have to put in some performances in the VFL in the coming weeks as he makes his way back from injury.

Russell will need to perform consistently over the course of the season.

Jamison's season under threat

Jamison's season under threat

"I think we'll find out a bit more on Friday exactly where he's at," he said from Visy Park on Tuesday.

"Will he be right the following week? Is he out for the year? I don't know, we're just sort of sitting here and waiting."
Huge blow to our finals chances if we lose Jamison on top of Waite. :thumbsdown:

If Jamison is gone for the year, book him in for shoulder surgery and get him right for next year.

Lol

A kick out of reading

MICHAEL JAMISON CARLTON

Beaten by a Blow: A Shearer's Story by Dennis McIntosh had a big influence on me. It is a brutally honest book that destroys any romantic ideas we might have about the shearer. The central character lives in a world that is often tedious, physically testing and full of sacrifice - something footballers can relate to.

I love playing football and would not swap it for anything, but sometimes the romantic stereotype of being a football player is quite different from the reality. I've started reading a lot more in the last couple of years. It is a great way to relax after training or to help get my mind off football.

I sometimes read to my housemate and Carlton teammate Shaun Grigg. He thoroughly enjoyed Spot Goes to the Beach and last week we almost got through The Hungry Caterpillar in one sitting.

A kick out of reading

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Lol

It's a pretty straight forward operation to shave bone of your hip and walk out of the hospital the same day. :eek: :p

Link

The Blues are confident of having a healthy list at their disposal for Round 1, with Robbie Warnock (ankle) and Michael Jamison (groin) recovering well from minor post-season operations and set to start pre-season next week.

Link

*fingers crossed* :thumbsu:

48455757.jpg

Looking pretty darn fit :thumbsu:

I am Michael Jamison's 2010 Buddy.

Jammo is fighting fit after shoulder surgery at the end of last season. He is training well, and has significantly improved his upper body strength.

First up he will have Daniel Bradshaw, and i expect him to make him Daniel his bitch again, like he has done the last 3 or 4 times.

Great Pre-season from Jammo. Probably his best to date.

Surpisingly played all 4 games, and got through them all without any injury concerns.

1st match Vs Swans he played on a variety of opponents including Currie, Rohan and TDL and looked to go quite. Didnt have a set opponent so it was hard to tell how he went.

2nd Match vs Brisbane he gave Fevola a bit of a pasting, and realy stepped it up. Was never more than a meter away from him and managed to get in alot of spoils that other elite defenders wouldnt.

3rd Match vs West Coast he played on Lynch and Brown. Played ok but did concede a few goals.

4th Match Vs Adelaide he played on Tippet and probably did as well as you can against a bloke like Kurt. In the end keeping him to 3 goals was a solid effort.

One thing that became noticeable over the pre-season was how high he and his fellow defenders were pushing up the field when we had the ball. This allowed Jammo to utilise his elite footskills a bit more and gave him a few more touches of the sherrin, and at times gave his opponnent a bit to think about. If i recall correctly, Jammo had 6 or 7 early touches Vs Fev before Fev touched the pill, and Fev certainly took a bit more notice when we had possession.

Hopefully he can have an injury free season and really continue on his way. If he can play 22 games, certainly he will not be out of AA mix.

First up we play Richmond. Looks like he will get Reiwoldt who has been in some good goalkicking form so will be a good challenge first up.

Well done so far Jammo and have a great year.

Jamison had the big job on Fev last night, and performed well. Fev got some nice delivery in the first half, that no-one could have stopped, and kicked a nice goal (his first for the night), outpositioning Jammo. Michael won a few of the contests on the night, but both players didnt see alot of the pill. I would call it a draw. Well done Jammo.

But lets move on to bigger and better things! Jammo is the captain this week! Congratulations! Not long ago he was playing full back for North Ballarat in the mud and rain every week, and now, only about 4 years later he is captaining the mighty Blues. Hopefully he will lead us to a win.

Not sure who he will get this week with Lloys hanging up the boots, but most likely Mark Williams. I feel comfortable in saying Williams will be in fora very long night.

Congrats Jammo.

Jamison keen on leading team
''It's humbling, to be honest, to know I'll be captaining the Blues when so many great players in the past have,'' he said.

''I think just having the confidence to take it on and to not shy away from leading the group,'' he said.

''I see it not as a burden, but an honour, to have guys look up to you and hopefully follow in your footsteps and listen to what I have to say.''
Jamison keen on leading team

The best spoiler of the footballer Matthew Lloyd has ever played against, especially over the last few seasons.

Those were the words of Lloyd on today's coverage.

Huge wraps from one of the best full forwards of all time.

Jamo is a gun - goes relatively unnoticed by the wider football community but we should never underestimate just how good a player he is and how valuable he is to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back