Midfield is still more of a problem than the forward line...

Remove this Banner Ad

Haines was/is a pretty talented player, just didn't have a body that could stand up to the rigours of AFL footy.

Mitchie is a real shame. Kid was showing great potential in his last few games averaging 15 possies in the first half before foot problems forced him off each time. Great ball user also.

Crichton doesn´t have the tank and never will.

Actually, the one kid who does offer some hope to me is one Clancee Pearce. Kid knows how to get the ball, has some grunt and aggro. I really hope he can continue to improve. That game a few weeks ago where he had 29 or so poss, over half contested, four or five clearances, 7 tackles or so all at 97% DE was fantastic.

I was hoping that Deboer would one day rise up to become a midfielder also as he was always one as a teen.

Long way to go. Lets hope Coniglio wants to come home.

Actually, the one kid who does offer some hope to me is one Clancee Pearce. Kid knows how to get the ball, has some grunt and aggro. I really hope he can continue to improve. That game a few weeks ago where he had 29 or so poss, over half contested, four or five clearances, 7 tackles or so all at 97% DE was fantastic.

I was hoping that Deboer would one day rise up to become a midfielder also as he was always one as a teen.

Good points.

I reckon DeBoer needs to be thrown in the middle, he played through there over the last 2 seasons and has good hands, doesn't shirk the hard stuff either.

Imagine if we hadn't picked up Clancee again? We'd probably be 2-6.

We should of taken Swallow the year before in '04.

He was playing well for East's as an underager, he had a small size then but had the work rate and came from a very good family.

Instead with our three late picks, we pick up Copping and Stribling and Haines.

I think the Burgatron even had us pick him in his mock draft.

I always think about the Swallow 'miss'. He's everything our midfield needs in a nutshell and an East Freo lad to boot. I don't dislike Ibbo, but I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Swallow (not saying that trade would ever be on the table).

We can plump the best forwards in the league in our forward line and still kick three goals in three quarters.

Delivery is shocking.

Midfield can´t get the ball.

No run.

Soft as butter in the clinches.

Pav our best midfielder today.

Hill, Mzungu, Mundy, Pearce, Crowley (35 possessions) combined only just have more possessions than Rosa (30). How the hell can you win a game when those 5 get just over 30 possessions in 3 quarters of football!!!

Midfield has been appalling. No ball winners and too many dud kicks. How the **** are we supposed to win a game with JVB and Crichton? Especially with Barlow, Mundy and Hill playing average, we pretty much don't even have a midfield out there.

Why would you include Crowley in there? The guy is a tagger...

Mzungu works better with space and an ability to run. The confines of the midfield doesn't flatter him at all. Chuck him on a flank or a half back or half forward line.

Mundy wasn't too bad, Pearce didn't try, Hill was terrible and squibbed so many contests.

A tagger is still a midfielder:eek:

Rosa is an unrestricted free agent, is he signed up at the eagles?:eek:

Honestly think we need to use free agency to get some of the oppositions second-tier mids, would be better than what we have now:eek:

mzungu just makes too many bad, horrible, shocking decisions. **** sometimes he literally kicks the ball straight to the opposition. I think he needs to get his eyes checked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mzungu works better with space and an ability to run. The confines of the midfield doesn't flatter him at all. Chuck him on a flank or a half back or half forward line.

Mundy wasn't too bad, Pearce didn't try, Hill was terrible and squibbed so many contests.

Last few weeks Crowley has been getting 20+ possessions.

Did see Mzungu on HB line, fumbled it and turned it over several times.

Morabito, Fyfe out.
Palmer gone.
Mundy and Barlow are half the players

*shrug*
It was pretty apparent in 2010 we lack for ball winning midfield depth after Barlow went down. Couple that with lack of talls, and it's puzzling we went and got another bloody Ibbotson.

Kerr hardly touched the ball today but there were some bit of play where his ferocious attack on the ball caused carnage in the middle and skittled what ever we were doing. There's not much of that in many of the weakling children we've drafted.

We're coming from a long way back now. We're not the side we were in 2010 and we won't be anywhere near that for a long while. There are some apt comparisons to Melbourne you can make here.

Good points.

I reckon DeBoer needs to be thrown in the middle, he played through there over the last 2 seasons and has good hands, doesn't shirk the hard stuff either.
Imagine if we hadn't picked up Clancee again? We'd probably be 2-6.

I think that's worth a try too. It's not like he's doing much as a forward, and we can't just carry another player who's not really contributing.

Probably need to see what we can get for Barlow.

The most apparent things at ground level was our inability to get first hands from the ruck knock and a reactive mindset.

West Coast hunted the ball then spread with purpose.

Torched us.

Probably need to see what we can get for Barlow.

The most apparent things at ground level was our inability to get first hands from the ruck knock and a reactive mindset.

West Coast hunted the ball then spread with purpose.

Torched us.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wtf-is-this-s**t.jpg

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/wtf-is-this-s**t.jpg

Hasnt been the same player since the leg.

Poor kick, slow and for whatever reason has lost his clean hands.

Could spend another 2 years waiting for him to fire or be proactive and get a pick for him.

Hasnt been the same player since the leg.

Poor kick, slow and for whatever reason has lost his clean hands.

Could spend another 2 years waiting for him to fire or be proactive and get a pick for him.

Nah. But we could **** off the soft as butter outside s**t that we have. Duffield etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back