FTA-TV MKR 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

That darren guy marked the dessert super critically, that was a 9 out of 10 at least. The only thing wrong with it was not enough ice cream and too much chocolate, seriously?. Sounds like he is going to be as harsh as colin. That pasta was a 5 or a 6 out of 10 also you dont take that many marks off from lack of seasoning and they made the pasta themselves.

The Fifth Quarter
Hl9MI8V.jpg

2.5/5 Rico's

Entree: under seasoned, pasta soft
Main: Flavors not popping, but fish cooked well
Dessert: Good dessert just a bit unbalanced. They tempered that chocolate well.

I think the guys did better than they portrayed with the problems just being minor rather than disastrous.

Nah that was Richmond

Adding another wrinkle to this old discussion.

Came across this in my "The Weekly Review" local glossy mag:

https://designcourt.com.au/?SID=b44908f6fa10552aefd2500d53c5fa47

No way she is travelling from Richmond to Brunswick everyday, unless she is getting her fixie on PT into the city then cramming it on a train/tram to Brunswick. Whilst I bet she has a fixie I do not think she would be doing that journey, nor riding it.

So if they were cooking in a apartment in Richmond I daresay this an MKR approved relocation.

Seems like a fairly likeable group this one (other than the resting bitchface older women). I warmed to this group a lot quicker than the last one.

Lama is beautiful! I have a new MKR crush.... which probably means she'll be the first to go.

70 or so. Which normally is middle of the road but going off the other two tables it makes them one of the higher scorers lol.

Bang on 70. The other competitors gave them 31 combined and Colin & Darren gave them 39.

Darren in particular was quite a harsh marker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already knew this:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...k/news-story/61c937bdc94f4fd2594419a2ecbd000d

MY Kitchen Rules’ new judge Darren Robertson has delivered a shocking verdict on the show’s contestants, arguing most are in it for the fame and only a few can really cook.

The Byron Bay-based restaurateur, who joins the Channel 7 series alongside Colin Fassnidge tonight, has revealed the food served at the Group 3 instant restaurants varied wildly in quality.

“Some of the food was rubbish and some of it was great,” Robertson, who is engaged to former Channel 10 meteorologist Magdalena Roze, said.

“There are two or three really good cooks and you get to know who they are very quickly through conversation around the table.

“Some of them have a genuine passion and knowledge about food but that is not across the board. Some of them are clearly there for another reason.”

That reason, he argued, was their 15-minutes of fame.

“The attraction of being on a prime time show and all the fame (that comes with it) is tangible now,” Robertson said.

“Unfortunately there is a bit of infatuation with the notion of celebrity and all that business. Good luck to them.”

Seems like a fairly likeable group this one (other than the resting bitchface older women). I warmed to this group a lot quicker than the last one.

Lama is beautiful! I have a new MKR crush.... which probably means she'll be the first to go.

Agree - think she'd be a bit of a veteran as well

#idnutinher

Also lel at the MSG controversy - classic older generation getting up in arms about it when all it does is make food taste absolutely delicious.

iluvparis MSG is horrible, it gives people horrible headaches, makes their heart race and other symptoms. Most people can't handle the stuff. I know I wouldn't be eating a great deal of the meal if I knew it had MSG in it. Also, with MSG in the food, symptoms come on pretty much straight away.

Nothing wrong with MSG in small domestic dosages. Another great beat-up by MKR producers for ratings

MSG is the salt extracted from glutamic acid which you can't find alone in nature but some foods we eat contain a similar form called "Free Glutamic Acid"

"Free glutamate content of foods (mg per 100g)

roquefort cheese 1280
parmesan cheese 1200
soy sauce 1090
walnuts 658
fresh tomato juice 260
grape juice 258
peas 200
mushrooms 180
broccoli 176
tomatoes 140
mushrooms 140
oysters 137
corn 130
potatoes 102
chicken 44
mackerel 36
beef 33
eggs 23
human milk 22 "

Get over it MKR

Last edited:
Not to mention that a quick google of MSG in food brings up this BBC article that references multiple studies that seem to conclude that the whole MSG complex/Chinese Restaurant Syndrome doesn't stack up to science (in that MSG might not be the cause, and isn't as prevalent as some would believe if it is the cause) when MSG is compared to placebo in a double blind trial of people who self report that they have the syndrome

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151106-is-msg-as-bad-as-its-made-out-to-be
In one study, 71 healthy individuals were treated with increasing doses of MSG or placebo in capsule form. Researchers found the so-called Chinese Restaurant Syndrome symptoms occurred at roughly the same rate, regardless of whether subjects were given the MSG or the placebo, and even after the participants were swapped over to the alternative option.
A study in 2000 tried to explore this further with 130 people who described themselves as being reactive to MSG. These otherwise healthy people were first given a dose of MSG without food, or given a placebo. If anyone scored above a certain level on a list of 10 symptoms, they were tested again with the same dose (or placebo) to see if their response was consistent. They were also tested with higher doses to see if this increased their symptoms. After another round of retests, only two of the original 130 had shown consistent reactions to MSG and not the placebo. But then, when they were tested again with MSG in food, their reactions differed – which cast doubt on the validity of self-described MSG sensitivity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back