Prediction Most important player this year, then in 2, 3, 4 and 5 years time?

Remove this Banner Ad

:)

2016: Cripps
2017: Cripps
2018: Cripps
2019: Cripps
2020: Cripps

You know the scary (awesome) part?

At the end of that, Cripps will be 25yo and entering his prime as a midfielder...

2016 Jamison - no replacement yet, holds it all together.
2017 Kreuzer - Jamo retires, Murphy receding - MK most valuable onballer.
2018 Docherty - Jumps out of Simpson and Tuohy's shadow to play a Luke Hodge
2019 Buckley - Gibbs retiring, steps up to full time midfield role
2020 Weitering - Best CHB in the game by now

2016: Uh, I'm not sure, so don't ask

2017: Quit putting me on the spot!

2018: You're beginning to get on my nerves

2019: FFS, enough is enough, you're ******* killing me!

2020: Liam Jones

2016 Jamison - no replacement yet, holds it all together.
2017 Kreuzer - Jamo retires, Murphy receding - MK most valuable onballer.
2018 Docherty - Jumps out of Simpson and Tuohy's shadow to play a Luke Hodge
2019 Buckley - Gibbs retiring, steps up to full time midfield role
2020 Weitering - Best CHB in the game by now

Jamison hasn't been most important for 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the thing with Cripps and you just can't teach it.
He just has an innate ability to 'feel' his surrounds.
No better example than his handball to Kreuzer for a goal against Melbourne.

Could add the handball to Murphy against Collingwood after a centre square bounce.
He just has that Greg Williams sense.

Could add the handball to Murphy against Collingwood after a centre square bounce.
He just has that Greg Williams sense.

They're the top three for now but to handball to the exact right spot in front of a sprinting Kreuzer with pressure all around him, was rather special.
Not as spectacular as the others but maybe the degree of difficulty was right up there.

They're the top three for now but to handball to the exact right spot in front of a sprinting Kreuzer with pressure all around him, was rather special.
Not as spectacular as the others but maybe the degree of difficulty was right up there.

Won't get any argument from me. That handball to Kreuzer was amazing. The noise at the MCG when it sailed through was thrilling.

It's possible but too hard a task to keep up over the course of five consecutive years.....tagging, injury, babies, who knows.....gets in the way.

Not to burst your bubble but doesn't this kind of point out the weakness of this thread existing? Forecasting 5 years into the future when there are so many variables really is pretty pointless :p

Not to burst your bubble but doesn't this kind of point out the weakness of this thread existing? Forecasting 5 years into the future when there are so many variables really is pretty pointless :p

I did say it was silly.............see O.P. :)

I do feel though that our best player (whoever that may be) will come from players we currently have at the club.
Can't see us reaching for a Dangerfield, nor any of the subsequent years draftees being good enough to become the most important player so early.

That's the thing with Cripps and you just can't teach it.
He just has an innate ability to 'feel' his surrounds.
No better example than his handball to Kreuzer for a goal against Melbourne.
The Melbourne players were in the same minds... do we go to Cripps and try and stop his forward movement and hopefully stop the Carlton drive... Or do we cover Kreuzer because we know that's where the handball will end up if we go to Cripps.

So they flat footed themselves and let Cripps come to them and he still got the handball out to a moving Kreuzer who accelerated into the 50 and nailed the goal.

It's possible but too hard a task to keep up over the course of five consecutive years.....tagging, injury, babies, who knows.....gets in the way.

More and more I feel that Curnow will be the player that jumps out of the box for us.
Weitering may only become the most important player if he does become a forward for us, but even then Charlie looks quite likely to me.
Loving your comments Harks.
Based on your viewings of Curnow what does he play like, and where will he end up.
Ive heard Nick Riewoldt long distance big marking CHF type. Is this correct?

Loving your comments Harks.
Based on your viewings of Curnow what does he play like, and where will he end up.
Ive heard Nick Riewoldt long distance big marking CHF type. Is this correct?

Maybe he can just become Charlie :)

We're just spit-balling here but Curnow does have some very good traits that should hold him in good stead when he has finished his development and become a much larger and stronger man.
He still has some work to do on his kicking to position but his goal-kicking from 55 out is pretty impressive.

What I like about him and even for his silly incident, he's clearly a very confident young man and he's not shy of mixing it with the big boys already.
Next few weeks will be telling but he may just end up a first round starter for us. He has the fitness base for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back