MRP Trouble For Cyril?

How Many Matches For Cyril?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That bump was brilliant.

Anyone that thinks he should of got suspended for that either don't have a clue or just your typical hawk hater cry babies.

If he got him in the head would be a different story. He got his body low in a split second such is the skill of the man.

He did get him in the head.

Let me get this right people sook because the bump has been taken out of the game.

Then they sook after a player lays a beautiful text book bump and doesn't get suspended.

Is this for real or is just because it was a Hawthorn player got off and the haters aren't coping? just wondering.

I absolutely loved it and want to see more of it.

Let me get this right people sook because the bump has been taken out of the game.

Then they sook after a player lays a beautiful text book bump and doesn't get suspended.

Is this for real or is just because it was a Hawthorn player got off and the haters aren't coping? just wondering.

They sook because the MRP labels it a head-high hit and then grades it careless when it was clearly intentional.

I think the problem is that it was assessed as high. The MRP are seriously all over the place with this. It was either
(A) just a great bump and he should have got nothing (which is what I think); or
(B) he elected to bump and got the head and should get at least 2 weeks (which at least he'd appeal cos it's bullshit he got him high)

Lucky to get off, and no, I'm not chalking it up to some conspiracy or some 'protected species' argument, I just think they got it wrong and have had to twist their silly system around to justify it like they do every time they f*ck something up. They are just as inconsistent as they were under the old system but now they force themselves to look even sillier by arbitrarily manipulating language to deliver the outcome they want.

It was a rugby shoulder charge, and some contact was made to the head. That bump would have been sanctioned to some degree in rugby, and that's all that really needs to be said in a sport where they have all but eliminated the bump. To call that impact 'low' insults the intelligence of every single one of us. If they don't want to suspend players for good bumps any more, I'm fine with that, but do it all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the problem is that it was assessed as high. The MRP are seriously all over the place with this. It was either
(A) just a great bump and he should have got nothing (which is what I think); or
(B) he elected to bump and got the head and should get at least 2 weeks (which at least he'd appeal cos it's bullshit he got him high)
Agree with this. I mean I love the bump and want it to stay, but unfortunately with the new rules it's nearly outlawed. The problem is if others get weeks for head high contact then Cyril should too

This. People should distinguish between defending the bump itself, and defending the conduct of the MRP. Because they are not the same thing.

its a mod stalker
#freekickmaybloomers
Stalker?

There's two threads here relating to Hawthorn players and you're running with "it's corruption" in both.

Does nobody understand the classification rules? Cyril elected to bump. That was intentional but that's fine, you can bump. Cyril got him high. That wasn't intentional - it was careless.
Even Steven May's hit on Stef Martin was classified careless.
But oh no, #freekickhawthorn

Back