Murray Football League (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 2

But that Mark Brown from numurkah is an absolute w***er. Every contest he went into he tried to start a blue. Is he like that against other teams or just us??

Browny's like that against everyone he plays against. So dont take it personally, he just gets a bit of W.L.F.:)

No certainties yet mate, got a hard 3 weeks ahead with Deni Barooga and Nathalia who are all in the six and will be extremely hard to beat. We have got ourselves in a good position though and it is good to be where we are at with a bunch of locals.

Great attitude hank1 and good to read that sort of stuff, sounds like u guys having a good season and most important of all, enjoying the whole thing, bit like us, we got young locals and we just trying to get them to really enjoy it and success will follow eventually down the track.
Really looking forward to our game this week, with both teams having attitudes like that, it should be a beauty ;) :thumbsu:.

Goodgolly

Marky Brown gives as good as he gets. He is a gun and gets targeted week in week out. The thing is people don't know they are playing with fire and will one day get burnt.
Probably have a look within your own camp and see why he was having a bit of a go. Best bet is tell him of your own personal thoughts about him next time you run into him in town, he would probably love to have a chat.[/quote]
sounds like a hero who probably starts alot of s**t on the field and think that he is a big tuffy of it.

was always going to happen once they got rid of the rif raff heh ringo!!

by the way are you still having a kick?

If not drop the slab off at the emplorium if you can

cheers

See Beasley-now early 50's in the best for Cobram Scoobies and there is still a flicker of life yet so the slab still up for grabs:D

Mark Brown can do some stupid things I think all agree but generally is a hard competitor and anyone who has any sort of guts about them would enjoy playing against. Does hit, does hurt but to most of the old farts around that is just footy and if you can't hack it you must be as soft as butter. If you can hack it give it back to the bastard and I'm sure he enjoys the challenge.:cool:

Mark Brown can do some stupid things I think all agree but generally is a hard competitor and anyone who has any sort of guts about them would enjoy playing against. Does hit, does hurt but to most of the old farts around that is just footy and if you can't hack it you must be as soft as butter. If you can hack it give it back to the bastard and I'm sure he enjoys the challenge.:cool:
I agree with most things you suggest Catfreak but it depends on how someone hits you. Browny is a great player WHEN he decides to play and when it comes to the tough stuff, well coming over the top of a pack where blokes have got their head over the footy isn't my idea of tough!:mad:

Round 13 Starting Date: 21/6/2008
Congupna v Nathalia
Echuca United v Barooga
Tongala
v Deniliquin Rams (we not goin that well yet)
Tocumwal v Finley
Numurkah v Mulwala
Cobram v Rumbalara
I agree with you in all games Homer; some good honest tipping there between Tongala and Deniliquin. I think on the Tigers home deck, Cobram will give Rumbalara a fair run for their money.

Congupna v Nathalia
Echuca United v Barooga
Tongala v Deniliquin Rams (we not goin that well yet)
Tocumwal v Finley
Numurkah v Mulwala
Cobram v Rumbalara

I'll go the same. This might be Finley's best chance. Could the young fellows pull it off or will the bloods bounce back after last week?

Congupna v Nathalia
Echuca United v Barooga
Tongala v Deniliquin Rams (we not goin that well yet)
Tocumwal v Finley
Numurkah v Mulwala
Cobram v Rumbalara

I'm going the same too. :eek:

Round 13 Starting Date
Congupna v Nathalia
Echuca United v Barooga
Tongala v Deniliquin Rams
Tocumwalv Finley should get up for there first for the year, toc will want to bounce back but i think losing to Mul may have done a bit of damage.
Numurkah v Mulwala will be riding the high they will be on from last week
Cobram v Rumbalara

Congupna v Nathalia
Echuca United v Barooga
Tongala v Deniliquin Rams
(In form Tonny this aint a shock to me..they are that good..keep it up boys!!
Tocumwal v Finley
Numurkah v Mulwala
Cobram v Rumbalara - Big ground for us boys to do what we do best RUN!!!

well said Catfreak, he certainly cops more than he dishes out just when he dishes it out he knows how to unlike half the deadbeats who play on him most weeks.
on another note last week rumba clearly way to quick and skillful.
also if Rumba are going to ban selling alcohol might be an idea to stop some of there supporters bringing in there own grog as it is this SMALL few who continually give Rumba a bad image when the majority are well behaved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alright guys who have been your clubs stand out players for the year so far and your up n coming youngsters? put in your bids for league medal so far?

alright guys who have been your clubs stand out players for the year so far and your up n coming youngsters? put in your bids for league medal so far?

Nathalia - Nathan Gemmill, Jason Limbrick Best Players
- Ricky Barnes, Alastair Corry Best Youngsters

Best up and coming for us (rumba) probably Jason Atkinson, with best overall player so far this year either Des morgan or Rupert Betheras (been away a while now but, so probably John Jackson instead)

Here is my take on the best two senior players for each team and the best up and coming player or young gun.

Barooga:
Best: Sean Harrap, Tyron Hill
Young gun: Sam Ryan

Cobram:
Best: Jason Kerr, Shaun Downie
Young gun: Brandon Peart

Congupna:
Best: Shannon Emmett, Eamon Reeves
Young gun: Liam Reeves

Deniliquin Rams:
Best: Aaron Thorpe, Leigh Marshall
Young gun: Kamen Ogilvie

Echuca United:
Best: Nick Jackson, Duane Hueston
Young gun: Bevan Charlton-White

Finley:
Best: Matt Sacco, Paul Massingham
Young gun: Ricky Brasher

Moama:
Best: Cameron McCabe, Djaren Whyman
Young gun: Daniel Thorp

Mulwala:
Best: Ty Primmer, Tim Doyle
Young gun: Dylan Flanagan

Nathalia:
Best: Jason Limbrick, Nathan Gemmill
Young gun: Alistair Corry

Numurkah:
Best: Mark Brown, Tyler Sprunt
Young gun: Matt Pendlebury

Rumbalara:
Best: John Jackson, Des Morgan
Young gun: Jason Atkinson

Tocumwal:
Best: Lee Warnett, Jarrod Kelly
Young gun: Ashleigh Sibraa

Tongala:
Best: Michael Roberts, Mark Reid
Young gun: Jordan Souter

yes totaly agree with barnsy71
matty can turn the game on it's head...
great futur for young Mathew

well said Catfreak, he certainly cops more than he dishes out just when he dishes it out he knows how to unlike half the deadbeats who play on him most weeks.
on another note last week rumba clearly way to quick and skillful.
also if Rumba are going to ban selling alcohol might be an idea to stop some of there supporters bringing in there own grog as it is this SMALL few who continually give Rumba a bad image when the majority are well behaved.

well, we ain't banning the sale of alcohol! our licence ran out and we are waiting for the new one to come in. i think that ALL CLUBS have there supporters who bring in alcohol and cause grief/headaches. i think that we are under the spot light more than others because we are a small minority and people/public, will focus on us more than other clubs in region, who have a drinking culture or who rely on bar sales to stay afloat.

i played at a club in the old diamond valley that in one weekend made $15,00 grand over the bar. i know that at rumba, we would be lucky to make $5,000 over a year.

Hey bystanding backman what about Matt Davies I think you might be suprised how well he will do.
Barnzi71 we were only allowed one or two if there had of been three then matty would have been next, Matt Davies is an absolute gun no matter how hard he gets hit he just bounces back up and keeps on running, can kick goals and racks up numerous possessions each week. He's like the human form of the energiser bunny.

Here is my take on the best two senior players for each team and the best up and coming player or young gun.

Barooga:
Best: Sean Harrap, Tyron Hill
Young gun: Sam Ryan

Cobram:
Best: Jason Kerr, Shaun Downie
Young gun: Brandon Peart

Congupna:
Best: Shannon Emmett, Eamon Reeves
Young gun: Liam Reeves

Deniliquin Rams:
Best: Aaron Thorpe, Leigh Marshall
Young gun: Kamen Ogilvie

Echuca United:
Best: Nick Jackson, Duane Hueston
Young gun: Bevan Charlton-White

Finley:
Best: Matt Sacco, Paul Massingham
Young gun: Ricky Brasher

Moama:
Best: Cameron McCabe, Djaren Whyman
Young gun: Daniel Thorp

Mulwala:
Best: Ty Primmer, Tim Doyle
Young gun: Dylan Flanagan

Nathalia:
Best: Jason Limbrick, Nathan Gemmill
Young gun: Alistair Corry

Numurkah:
Best: Mark Brown, Tyler Sprunt
Young gun: Matt Pendlebury

Rumbalara:
Best: John Jackson, Des Morgan
Young gun: Jason Atkinson

Tocumwal:
Best: Lee Warnett, Jarrod Kelly
Young gun: Ashleigh Sibraa

Tongala:
Best: Michael Roberts, Mark Reid
Young gun: Jordan Souter
can kards1 confirm whether some of the high priced moama recruits have been asked to take a haircut to fit in one of the above mentioned recruits brother & possibily one more before june 30??

can kards1 confirm whether some of the high priced moama recruits have been asked to take a haircut to fit in one of the above mentioned recruits brother & possibily one more before june 30??

I heard that maybe Lob has a brother returning for tropical far nth qld . not sure how a hair cut will help with salary cap , and I was talking to fomer moama junior Doc Eddy the other day and he was keen to return to the magies . Could that be the two metioned players?

Tonny v Rams

Just thought i might air my views here.

What a bloody great game of country footy this was, it had everything we want from a game of footy and well done to both teams.

It had bad ump decisions both ways, it was hard and fast and tough, even a bit of the old biffo, just a bloody ripper game.

We could argue that maybe we were the better side for 3 quarters, but we dropped off in the second and Tonny made us pay as good teams do when they get the chance. Well done Tonny, better team won on the day.

(I wonder if last year came back to you guys at any stage :p ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back