Muscat article - "The Punch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Great article

Although I was surprised about this bit

Years ago while interviewing a young Nathan Burns he told me of his first pre-season game for Adelaide United. As Burns came off the bench as a sub he ran past Muscat who proceeded to punch him in the stomach.
Burns was unhurt but there are plenty of others who haven’t been as lucky.

Is this bit true? I never heard this before, I know Muscat is a dog on field but thats just pathetic.

"Michael McGuire writes for The Advertiser’s SA Weekend magazine and sleeps with a ball under his pillow."

Shocker :rolleyes:.

don't be, Muscat is hated nationwide. globally, even.

when he missed the FA Cup final for Millwall through injury most of the papers made fun of him. :D

Victory supporters are always going to blind to it and thats understandable but he is hated nationwide and its not because he is a class act.

People that support teams another Victory are always going be bitter and twisted about Muscat cos their teams have lost so many including championships to a team lead by him.

The funniest thing is the headline that contains to word 'justice'. To me justice would be winning a GF in a season he plays, something the AU fans can't claim yet.

Muscats got 2 premiers plate and 2 premiership medals, sour gripes from our simpleton crow eating cousins. For the record Cornflakes is much more of a w***er, Victory fans just aren't sooks like their Adelaide counterparts

Yet Adelaide supporters are the first to call Cornflakes a w***er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a Victory supporter however I agree there is no place in the game for players like him. He has a go at an opposition player for diving then 5 minutes later he'll belt somebody and act as if he didn't do anything. I really can't believe he is a professional soccer player he has no skill he is just a thug who should be in jail.

would love to see muscat suspended. not for his so called thug behavior. i want him done due to the fact he is holding the team back.

I am a Victory supporter however I agree there is no place in the game for players like him. He has a go at an opposition player for diving then 5 minutes later he'll belt somebody and act as if he didn't do anything. I really can't believe he is a professional soccer player he has no skill he is just a thug who should be in jail.

He's a decent passer of the ball when on song.

As much as muscat is a dirty player and doesnt play the game in the right spirit, i would have preferred his leadership over the years compared to the likes of pantelis, dodd, aloisi or vidmar etc (all very ordinary). The main people at fault are the ref's for letting him get away with it for so long.

Why does having premiership medals somehow excuse the things he does on a football pitch?

Muscats got 2 premiers plate and 2 premiership medals, sour gripes from our simpleton crow eating cousins. For the record Cornflakes is much more of a w***er, Victory fans just aren't sooks like their Adelaide counterparts

Pot calling the Kettle black here coming from a Liverpool fan who has sooked all week!

It's an opinion that is supported by the vast majority of football fans.

So what?
Its hardily new stuff. I think he is an idiot on field.
To come out with an article with what most people think and knew anyway isn't a great article.
The only thing thats news worthy here is Muscat got sent off in his last game. The rest is tripe.

So what?
Its hardily new stuff. I think he is an idiot on field.
To come out with an article with what most people think and knew anyway isn't a great article.
The only thing thats news worthy here is Muscat got sent off in his last game. The rest is tripe.

Than what are we arguing the point for.

It might not be worth a pulitzer but its something that has been written that hasn't really been said to much around the country apart from fans to fans. Even the commentators during the game finally gathered the balls to basically admit he is a thug. It needs to be brought and needs to be put out there it's the only way the ref's will open their eyes and the FFA to do what ever they can to stamp out this type of on-field thuggery. Not what we want our game to be known for and let's face it when it comes to football thats how we are seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back